It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's Largest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Here where I live, the economy [ like everywhere ] has taken a hit. We are a small town and tourism is a a big part of keeping the money coming in. There are a lot of shops downtown and people coming off the highway [ I -70 ] to stop at the fast food joints, sometimes wander on in to town and spend a bit. Many of the shops had been forced to close their doors in the past and put them up for sale. New owners, new products didn't really help. Along comes Bolin Enterprises. Jim had the idea that he was going to start building "The World's Largest" in a lot of different things to get folks in off the highway and spending some money. It worked. He and his company have built:

The World's largest Pencil

The World's Largest Golf Tee

The World's Largest Wind Chimes

The World's Largest Rocking Chair

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Lewis black, a true visionary.
(Note- F bombs A plenty)

edit on 8-9-2015 by dashen because: F bombs

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If you build it they will come…

but Pencils? Better than the largest ball of string I guess…

How about a mock up of the largest smart phone?

Edit: Baaad Language…

edit on 8-9-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I always thought the World's largest pencil was in Keswick

www.tripadvisor.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I think 4 of the projects are certified by Guinness, but the rest are just tourist traps. There are several more, but I just picked the ones that had the best pictures. I looked at one pencil and it was listed at 76 ft and the one here is not that big.
But, we do beat the one you're talking about.

The Cumberland Pencil Museum is in Keswick, Cumbria, in the north-west of England. It is home to the biggest colouring pencil in the world, the idea of technical manager Barbara Murray. It was completed on 28 May 2001, is 7.91 metres (26 ft) long, and weighs 446.36 kilograms (984.1 lb). [1]

Beyond the fact that Casey, Illinois Big Pencil is 32' 6” in length, the attraction is ...

edit on 8-9-2015 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
www.yelp.com...

In a small town about an hour from here is the worlds largest frying pan. And it doesn't just sit there, they use it to cook a # load of chicken at the poultry festival.

There is a little winery very close that makes really good sweet wine. The scuppernong white tastes exactly like eating a wild grape.

What can your pencil do?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I get the idea of trying to be noticed and all, but why on earth go out of your way to build a giant useless item??? The frying pan is cool, it works and they use it. But giant rocking chairs and pencils??? Come on, at least make a huge cool thing that works.

new topics

top topics

join