It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will the top stories be in 2005?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
We know the headlines from this year, The election,The hurricanes, the earthquake/tsumnami, Martha Stewart etc. But what do you think the top stories will be for 2005?

Will there be a major terror attack? Will Bin Laden be captured? More weather disasters? A cure for AIDS or cancer? World peace or WW111?

I think it would be fun if you post what you think will happen and then next year at this time check back to see who was right and who was wrong.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, I don't mean to sound negative, but I have a funny feeling things are going to definately get worse with this 'war on terror'.

Wouldn't be surprised about the odd hurricane either.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:36 AM
link   
well if john titor is right there will be a cival war this year

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:05 AM
link   

well if john titor is right there will be a cival war this year

I predict OpenMinded will finally pick the winning Powerball lottery numbers and win millions...one day before all hell breaks loose. Just my luck.

DOH!

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The top story this year will be the death of Pope John Paul II and the election of the next Pope.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I would have to say that there is a good probability that Mount Saint Helens will blow its top. Not much of a prediction but inevitable due to the growing activity there. Also, I think this activity in the Pacific rim will continue possibly affecting Alaska, Japan and Hawaii. Again more of an ineviatble fact. What alarms me though, is the fact that have a strong feeling that "quake" activity will escalate in places that have become complacent such as the New Madrid fault area. Finally, I have a fear that a new disease, or one thought long gone, might surface this year causing alarm. Lets hope that this year is one of few speed bumps and pot holes but with the present conditions it's unfortunately hard to envision that.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 03:49 AM
link   

1. Earth Changes: More Earthquakes; Tsunamis; Volcanic Eruptions
  2. Police State America: Mass protests; limited civil war; police brutality
  3. Terrorism: More terrorist attacks; martial law(likely)
  4. War: More geo-political destabalization; pre-emptive strikes on Iran, bringing Middle Eastern region to a point of collapse; China and Taiwan war
  5. Disease: Avian flu pandemic makes global news

This will seed the the even greater global disasters of 2006, culminating into a short WWIII that will quickly become nuclear(2006-2012)

[edit on 1-1-2005 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I predict OpenMinded will finally pick the winning Powerball lottery numbers and win millions...one day before all hell breaks loose. Just my luck.

So where do I send your half of the winnings

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
well obviously the middle east is breaking apart as we speak as the war on terroisum grows i fear that more terriost attacks globely will happen

also the earth is changing at a mass rate due to high rate air polloution cause the icnorant basterds refuse to stop it so there own ignorance well be the destrution of the ozone layer

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i can't even begin to think what this year holds for the world. in a word i would sum it up as ''s**t... this year is going to hold a lot of ''s**t'' for the world. that's going to be the main theme of this year...''s**t''. this is because s**t happens, and much s**t will be happening in 2005. so much s**t is going to happen that we are likely to be covered in this s**t from head to toe. some s**t will be runny and most will likely drown in this new form of runny s**t. i just hope that not too much s**t happens in england. l8rs all

[edit on 1-1-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
OniShiro is correct, the pope will most likely die this year.

Early (1st or 2nd quarter): Dollar Crisis�perhaps (although not certain) collapse of dollar. Most likely there will be a bailout �summit� and the dollar will get re-valued. Most people are not watching the financial markets this holiday but some scary stuff happened last week....I predict greenspan will not keep us floating much longer.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
By November of 2005- A lot of peace will have been gained through Iraq and Afghanistan becoming successful democratic countries with the help of all coalition troops.
After successfully stablizing and making Iraq into a democratic success, President Bush will ironically play a leading role in securing peace and stability in the Middle East through attempting to resolve Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Realizing that the Palestinian-Israeli problem has been the birth place of terrorism all along.
The United States dollar will rise considerably after the Iraqi elections are successful, and will reach its highest point at the beginning of June.
This year will be good for all the world, much progress will be made this year.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I'll go with OniShiro and the Pope, too. My guess is that the new Pontiff will be either a Latin American or an African this time; if not, the time after the next Pope.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
If Bush's approval rating drops below 42% i predict another terrorist attack.

I think some people may pay more attention to the details than they did with 911.

First time it's a surprise. Second time there is less shock factor and some reasoning may begin to kick in.

Honestly I just hope they don't choose the city i live in to attack.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I predict that the wmd's will be found but not in Iraq. It will be found in Iran or syria. Then it will be found out that the wmd's were sold to the terrerists by N. Korea. Then the U.S. will invad N. Korea, China, Syria, Iran and ah what the hell might as well ivade Canada too

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Asteroid impact over the kimberly western australia late july or early august 05 ! very few human fatalities of visiting tourist.

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
"George Bush Recieves Brain From Super Intellegant Monkey! Intelligence increases 2005%!"

I have a strange felling about this one

top topics

join