It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL Cost of Reversing Birthright Citizenship: Do I Approve of Trump's Deportation Plan?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In this edition of Government 101, I run the numbers on the true cost of altering the U.S. Constitution's 14th Amendment to reverse birthright citizenship. Donald Trump may be resting much of his campaign strategy on this lofty goal, but would spending around $500 billion to deport 11 million people -- including GOP Presidential Candidate Marco Rubio -- be the best strategy for our already hurting economy? And beyond the financial ramifications, I expose the reasoning behind this controversial proposal.

What do you think about ending birthright citizenship?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I think birthright citizenship should be maintained for anyone born in the United States whose mother is LEGALLY in the country. Very simple.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
S&F Jessie.

You also forgot about Bobby Jindal who is also trying to deport himself, as both of his parents were NOT U.S. Citizens at the time of his birth.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think birthright citizenship should be maintained for anyone born in the United States whose mother is LEGALLY in the country. Very simple.

Right on the money.

You make way too much sense with this statement. Progressive heads will explode.

You don't have to deport everyone.

1) Secure Border

2) Any Illegal employed will get an employer sponsored Temp work permit if they pass a background check good for 3-5 years. Renewable upon contingency of employment / non-criminal status and National needs of Temp workers.

3) Path to citizenship for those who truly want to migrate here contingent on completing temp program, learning English, etc.

Not that hard. Allow those who want to work and make a living the opportunity... Boot the criminals and leaches.

3)

Deport Criminals

edit on 7-9-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JesseVentura

I think your constitution is really good and it is a good tool in those turbulent time. The fater of your contry foresaw the problems a bad and/or a corrupt gouvernement could bring. It's no the time to amand it, but to abide with it.

Good luck with your election neighbours.

edit on 7-9-2015 by PersonneX because: added a "s" on "problem"

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The child should have at least one parent who is a legal citizen.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
The idea of deporting millions of people is ridiculous.
There will be an incredible explosion of violence and the already heavy handed police state will be given bigger guns.
Who do you think is going to pay for it?

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

So Trumps running on immigration, well that and making America great again (whatever that means)? With so many issues at hand illegal immigrants is what he's focused on?

If he's president we're in big trouble.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Like I stated in another thread . I have a friend at work that had been working on a permit.But , last year, he made the plunge. He spent what amounts to a fortune for him and his family , studied most of the time he was not working , took the test for citizenship (and dang what a test I saw the practice test) . He passed with flying colors. Now what do we say to him ? We are sorry , we put you through all that because you were African and not Mexican ? Really ?

And as far as asylum goes , there is only one situation where that is granted and automatic citizenship is given. Who knows what that is ?
Hint , it was completely voided and disregarded once with President Bill Clinton's administration .

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Never mind the hints. Tell us.
Unless you made it up. If that's the case, never mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I agree!

However the rest should be deported. It would be far cheaper to deport them, then have to put many of them on Welfare, food stamps, housing, and free medical.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Constitutional amendment then.
Go for it.
Ban gays while your at it.

Women's vote too. Country's gone downhill since that started.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
so the presmise in this title includes deporting Marco Rubio who is not only a legal citizen , but legal enough to be presdidential candidate

Please Ventura

Can you cut the BS enough to make your stuff credible anymore?

I use to watch you when you were on Conspiracy theory, but now you just reach and grasp for ratings........

Just stop it......

Obama is American, and so is Rubio, hell hes not even my candidate, I dont even consider him as a hopefull, but seriously

Just STOP

Youre hypocritical stance on all this considering you SUPPORT Trump, who was one of the BIGGEST pushers of Obama being Kenyan is a farce...TRUMP led a whole campaign backed by his OWN money to try and prove that Obama was not eligible to be president based on his birth certificate.. hell he sent investigators on his own dime all over the world to prove Obama was KENYAN, lol DESPITE the fact that he voted for him

GIVE US A BREAK!

MORE proof that all your rhetoric is for ratings, not for truth

Please spare us
edit on 9/8/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/8/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sad thing is many would want those also.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Go for it.

It's sad

These are the same people that love to say that they won't accept any changes to the constitution as it is NOT a living document when it comes to guns. They also say they are "pro-life" and care so much for the unborn.

Yet here they are, yearning to change the constitution to accomodate their xenophobic sentiments. Why would these people want babies to be born in decaying and corrupt third world countries if they supposedly care so much for them?

It really baffles me.
edit on 8-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Why would these people want for babies to be born in decaying and corrupt third world countries if they supposedly care so much for them?

It really baffles me.

Really? You really think they care about anything but their own interests?

The thing is, they can't even see that their own interests extend beyond the end of their nose.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'm not great at how our laws work to be honest. I'm just starting my college classes now (late in life) to learn.

Why would ending "birth right citizenship" have an effect on anyone living today as a citizen. Do we no also have protection under "ex post facto" clause?

I always hear people say "end" not "repeal" the birthright and again I have no idea how the laws work.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Go for it.

So now Phage has resorted to making things up about other members beliefs using thinly veiled sarcasm in order to disparage their opinions and honest effort to add to the discussion.. How sad for you.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The 14th was put in to place to let slaves become citizens. They most likely should have made this a limited time deal when they first thought it up, but as with other part of rules our fore fathers set be for us. They didn't think anyone would use such a law in they way it's being used.

list of Birthright repealing nations

Repealing Birthright isn't something new, lots of other nation have done the same. The most recant being Australia in 2007.

Australia: Australia citizenship was created in 1948, coming into force in 1949. Prior to this Royal Assent, all Australians were British subjects. In 2007, the Australian Citizenship Act 2007 received Royal Assent, allowing it to become law. Section 12 of the 2007 Act says the following: A person born in Australia is an Australian citizen if and only if: a) a parent of the person is an Australian citizen, or a permanent resident, at the time the person is born

Commonwealth Consolidated Acts

Now how the US goes about dealing with the the current people that have been born here with illegal parents is the hard topic to cover. Toes are going to be stepped on no matter how this is handled.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

It would not be a matter of changing the constitution, simply the interpretation of the 14th Amendment.
As it now stands, simply being born here is considered an automatic granting of citzenship. If it's interpretation is changed to include only those whose parents are here legally, the 14th Amendment would still stand as it was written.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join