It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man from 1920s Spent Whole Year in Body of Another Man from 3900AD

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sovan

I read that garbage and it's mostly feelings and social interactions with no predictive substance. No thanks.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'd just like to add that I enjoy tales like this, usually, but there are some things that registered as likely b.s. right off (besides the car wreck.. .yeah, right, and other things targeted by occam)... other anachronisms... like a pin for the clothing's fabric and a common wooden musical instrument... I'd think all those things would be loooong gone in a few short decades .. .well, wooden instruments might still exist in museums ... but with "synthesizers" getting better, all flavors of resonance and tonality will be made electronically soon, and gosh only knows what will make music in a few decades.

And he mentions "paying for boats" and I'd suspect with cheap material fabrication, money as we know it, will be gone fairly soon, too... do like the "no strangers" between all folks, bit, though.

Fiction... at best, some dream... and heck, life itself is likely but a dream... however, this lacks an exactness in it's prognostication that screams fantasy derived from the 20th century. My two bits... oh and a world wide consciousness internet, or a place we float in simulations and occasionally pop out into interchangeable physical bodies would be a nice touch, heh... something surprising and new would help overcome that ol' suspension of disbelief... which is remaining 'unsuspended' here.
edit on 9/8/2015 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy
I've only gotten as far as Chronicles from the future: 3-ΙΧ to 5-IX, but a couple of things stick out...

1) Andrew was injured in a car accident? Hard to believe we are still driving cars in 3906 AD

2) Stephan, Silvia, Hilda, Axel... These are allegedly names of Northam's social circle. Again, period names that would relate to the 20th century, but likely hard to find in 3906

Also a bit surprised that he is short on descriptions for an environment that had to be dramatically different than the one he left.

On point #2, there's people going as far back as the Bible that share my name, that's 2000 years now. I could see a lot of names making it for another 2000 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I've only gotten as far as Chronicles from the future: 3-ΙΧ to 5-IX, but a couple of things stick out...

1) Andrew was injured in a car accident? Hard to believe we are still driving cars in 3906 AD

2) Stephan, Silvia, Hilda, Axel... These are allegedly names of Northam's social circle. Again, period names that would relate to the 20th century, but likely hard to find in 3906

Also a bit surprised that he is short on descriptions for an environment that had to be dramatically different than the one he left.

On point #2, there's people going as far back as the Bible that share my name, that's 2000 years now. I could see a lot of names making it for another 2000 years.

Yes, there are.... But the names used in the story aren't biblical. Nor do they fall into the traditional or historical Norse or Swedish etymology which should be expected from the information provided. They do, however, fall into German etymology which is far too convenient for the author.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Even I like stories like this, I just could not make myself to read this. I even tried, but just skimmed to the end - some asking for more... witch leads me to believe this is some future story... not that good, imho.

As for this kind of 'time travel', there are several movies going in both directions, some of them not bad at all...

Not sure how did this manage to be on this part of ATS... no paranormal there.... just poor literature....

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Yes, there are.... But the names used in the story aren't biblical. Nor do they fall into the traditional or historical Norse or Swedish etymology which should be expected from the information provided. They do, however, fall into German etymology which is far too convenient for the author.

I'm not saying I believe the story, I don't at all. I'm just saying that the naming conventions aren't a good indicator of that.

As far as German names go, they tried to conquer the world twice in the 20th century, maybe they did it again and finally succeeded sometime in the next 1900 years. It may be convenient for the author but there's nearly 2000 years worth of history to account for there.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I'm not saying I believe the story, I don't at all. I'm just saying that the naming conventions aren't a good indicator of that.

As far as German names go, they tried to conquer the world twice in the 20th century, maybe they did it again and finally succeeded sometime in the next 1900 years. It may be convenient for the author but there's nearly 2000 years worth of history to account for there.

I understand what you are saying...but I am looking at this from an analytical Statement Analysis perspective. There are cues that indicate falsehood.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

why would those names be hard to find in another two thousand years?? They were in use 2000 years ago...

Jaden

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: CIAGypsy

why would those names be hard to find in another two thousand years?? They were in use 2000 years ago...

Jaden

My post is from the perspective of entomological origins of the names he used. The social circle of Andrew Northam is said to be from the northern Scandinavian countries. Yet the names of those individuals, especially given the spellings, were not Scandinavian in nature. They actually are German in nature, more than Scandinavian. This would indicate to a researcher using Statement Analysis that the names were in fact from his subconscious (if it were a dream) or made up.

So given that the names aren't cultural to the entomological origins of Scandinavia, it is equally unlikely that they would exist in a 20th century form nearly 2000 years later.

If you think I am wrong, ask any forensic linguist.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Ludicrous story, that said I love these tales

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sovan
Well its a interesting story..Kind of.

If the guy is right then what eastern Europe there is supposed to be a thermonuclear war and mass depopulation for some time in the year, and subsequent re-population latter. But unless I missed some links or so there is nothing to the story, it was more just them walking through a field talking and introducing people he knew from that age and there charters.

And even that was cut short, so other then a few things like the colorful crystal materials he first talks about, and charters he introduces I really dont see what the big deal is and the future seems kind of anti climatic, feels more like a Brady bunch episode then anything. Is there more to this story or is that it, as even for a supposed story or diary it feels like it got cut short about a quarter of the way in.

And unless there is more to the story then what was in that link, I dont even know were they got all the other things like hollow earth, and inner sun, and space ships, and aliens, and ethereal travel, and all that. In the short story in the second link of there is none of that and more of him just describing his relationship with the other people in his life when he woke up in the future.

The story from what i read in that second link, was for the most part his short experience with a girl he liked and her death, his coma, coming out, and later writing down it all, then retelling it, and well, like I said, the rest sounds like a Brady Bunch episode, mixed with a bit of hippy grovyness, and a dash of star trek world community vibe to it. Other then that it does not say much and does not even sound like a diary, but like somebody writing a story about a guy who wrote a diary.

I dont know will maybe look up to see if there is more to this as I dont have time now to really check now.

edit on 5amThursdayam102015f4amThu, 10 Sep 2015 05:57:29 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This could be good material for a B sci-fi movie that gets a 30% rating on rotten tomatoes. It's not much more entertaining than that.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I recently watched a seminar about this book. i cant seem to find the book anywhere online! am i being blind? if so can someone link me to where i can purchase this? it seems like a very interesting read!

ill always hold judgment on an issue until i read up on it

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mars colony gets destroyed by a natural disaster? shouldn't mars by the year 3000 AD or so being terraformed?
I am surprised this alleged OBO traveler left out the following.

-Flying cars/Tesla powered vehicles.
-Major global events.
-Terraformation.

Either way i agree though nice tale for a game or Animated movie. Because this author left out those technologies as mentioned. Anyway its rather not real.
edit on 22-2-2016 by TaleDawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Body switching time travel? Oh, yeah, Lovecraft did that one in 1935:
www.dagonbytes.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TaleDawn
Mars colony gets destroyed by a natural disaster? shouldn't mars by the year 3000 AD or so being terraformed ?

Nah. Terraforming takes thousands of years.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

True but that depends how our technology would be improved by then.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join