It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Armed Russian Sub Headed for Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
A media source in Israel reported that according to military source, a nuclear armed sub is on its way to Syria. The sub can hold 20 missiles, 200 nuclear warheads, how would the US respond to this? At the same time Russia's military was also put on high alert, probably for drills as a show of strength. It was also reported, and later confirmed that Russia is building up military in Syria, while france and britain are considering strikes against ISIS targets. I figure they're doing this because the public wants something done about the refugee crisis in Europe. In addition, NATO said it's going to Ukraine, drills or something, they say it won't anger Russia but we all know it will. Also turns out Putin's been sending military aid to Syria for months now, this was denied at first but not they admit it. I also wonder how many ISIS operatives are slipping into Europe claiming to be refugees. We also have more protests in Moldova.

So I mean, come on, stuff is getting real and mainstream media in the US barely mentions any of it, unlike other countries like Israel and Russia. We got what, like nearly a dozen nations already fighting in Syria? Now UK and France my join. Russia supporting Assad, while other's aren't. We got several major players, 4 of them nuclear capable, all fighting inside a shoebox (Syria). Even if neither side wants war, an accident or misinterpretation could easily escalate into something much better. Not to mention sides are being choses, and we all know alliances are a prime ingredient for a world war.

So much happening in the world right now with eary similarities to previous world wars. Just looks like something's got to give sooner or later. What do you think?

Sub 1

Sub 2

Russian buildup in Syria

Russia on high alert

ISIS among refugees

Moldova Protests

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We have abdicated any role in the ME.

Russia has a large base in Syria. It was always expected that if their personnel were threatened, they would take a hand in things. What do you think they would do?

Ironic if Russia is the power that finally destroys Damascus.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JonStone

there are Russian nuclear subs all over the place....nothing new.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
U.S. asks Greece to deny Russian flights to Syria

So the U.S. is now asking Greece to close it's airspace to Russia..I see that as an escalation.

I'm surprised we aren't seeing more of this talked about on ATS, what with all the activity in Syria, thousands of refugees flowing into Europe every day (many possibly ISIS??) the ongoing situation in Ukraine, Russian/Chinese wargames, Chinese war ships off the coast of Alaska, still missing NK subs, the whole NK/SK situation, the world economy going down the drain, especially China's etc etc etc.

There just seems to be chaos everywhere and it continually seems to be escalating into something MAJOR. I do feel it strange that the media here in the U.S. is talking very little about all this. Even ATS has gone quieter than usual. Que the Twilight Zone music!
edit on 7-9-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
More bruhahah about nukes from Israel? I very much doubt they would be able to keep track of a Russian nuclear sub.

As far as I know Russia has only been sending humanitarian aid so far, demonstrated by it's latest delivery of prefab homes.

But lets face it, if Russia does go in and try to destroy ISIS they will likely do a good job and at the same time keep Assad in power, which is a good thing.

Remember, Syria's refugees are not fleeing Assad, they are fleeing ISIS.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

If the media played up the chaos in the world, they would have to explain why this is happening now and try to explain it away without it being somehow connected to Obama and his foreign policy.

It's better to just not report it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The Typhoon class is now obsolete, and only 1 is left in service since the missiles they type carried have been withdrawn.

the 1 remaining is a test vessel for the replacement missile - which has had a lot of failures, especially the well known "Norwegian Spiral" (IIRC).

And although it CAN carry 20 missiles each having 6-10 warheads there's no actual information this one is carrying any at all!!

Storm meet teacup.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I was thinking the other day that a nuke is going to drop in Syria and thats why all this rush to get as many out as they can.

Could happen but on the downside all these millions crossing into Europe wont go down well either...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

September 17th is the Solar Feast of Tumpets, which marks the beginning of the Biblical civil year. I wouldn't be surprised if things took a turn for the worst on that day. On the Vernal Equinox (which marks the beginning of the Biblical spiritual year), Russia and NATO had nukes pointed at each other.

Last year, on the Feast of Trumpets, America started bombing ISIS forces in Syria.

The Feast of Trumpets and the Vernal Equinox are infamous for bringing conflict.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I'm sure this thing has to be nowhere near Syria to wipe it off the map. I am guessing there is at least one US sub within range to wipe Syria of the map. So who will be first? I am willing to bet neither.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

On the Vernal Equinox (which marks the beginning of the Biblical spiritual year), Russia and NATO had nukes pointed at each other.

Rest assured they have had nukes pointed at each other for decades.

V

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
First of all, Debka is not exactly a top tier reliable site for intelligence. They announced a "huge fleet of destroyers" in the Indian Ocean a couple of years ago that was a complete fabrication. Their rep ain't so hot. Secondly, nuclear powered and armed submarines from both Russia and The United States have and almost constant presence in that part of the world. They're always somewhere nearby. That debka figured out there is yet another submarine "headed toward Syria" is a bit of a no-brainer. Nothing has really changed and the sky is not falling.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Didn't read everyone's comments however, since when did any nation announce where their boomers were going?!

Subs hide, publishing where they are is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while.

Best think this is cannon fodder for info.
edit on 7-9-2015 by notmyrealname because: typos

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Russia ain't going to use nuclear weapons in Syria-they support Assad,so any use of nukes would seriously frak things up for him/Syria/the region/the world.
Russia are not stupid.
Its a chess move,thats all.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

If things go bad for Assad and something happens to that Russian base ... you never know.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The nukes wouldn't be for Syria. They would be a deterrent against American interference with Russia's plans.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

there are Russian nuclear subs all over the place....nothing new.

That's true, they're littered all over the seabeds of the world.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: a dark sickness.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

The nukes wouldn't be for Syria. They would be a deterrent against American interference with Russia's plans.

Which they are wherever they are in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Yes, but placing subs near Syria would be a visual aid...that is IF the report is true. I don't think it has been confirmed yet.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

How? You don't put them on the surface for everyone to see. The point of missile subs is to go somewhere deep and hide so you don't know where the launch is coming from. Announcing you have a missile sub near Syria puts the biggest bullseye you've ever seen right on the hull.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join