It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gun Vaults of Your Dreams...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Some of those are perilously close to Why?

I love old guns. I'd collect them could I afford it...but I don't think I'd ever go that extreme.

Every one of them was worth a wow, though...

It's a cool site though, I've book marked it for future use.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

I mean like museum displays not personal collections. I like the war room ones.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I absolutely love all of these vaults.

I love firearms in general, and enjoy having a small collection myself.

But I can't see myself spending this kind of money on guns unless I'm rich AF.

Some of the pics are obviously for display purposes, and others reflect a lifetime of collecting. Most of my guns have an exact purpose, while others I obtained through trades or bought due to the exceptional price. One of them is a Kriss Vector, with Aimpoint H1($950.00), another is a Marlin lever action model 1891, chambered in an obsolete .32 rimfire caliber. The second I got in a trade, and it's patina and engraving are excellant. Best of all, it has the 1/2 octagonal/1/2 round barrel, one of several hundred produced. I appreciate the craftsmanship and it's place in history, and have given it a good home.

I, like you, can't see myself spending the kind of dough displayed in the pics, but I sure appreciate the efforts!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Some of those are perilously close to Why?

I love old guns. I'd collect them could I afford it...but I don't think I'd ever go that extreme.

Every one of them was worth a wow, though...

It's a cool site though, I've book marked it for future use.

One of the reasons I enjoy visiting the Brigade is the supportive nature that is themed in many articles. If you search the archive, you find many stories and pics of past and present serving overcoming adversities and then helping others in turn. The site features different weaponry, but doesn't glorify war.

Agreed some of the pics are overboard in the wow factor, but they're neat to look at.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
amazing collection.

-- on pic 6, right above the AK, can someone identify this, are there variations of this?

thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
amazing collection.

-- on pic 6, right above the AK, can someone identify this, are there variations of this?

thanks.

If it's above the AK on the right, it's an Aug Styer. Bullpup design in 5.56, and a battle rifle for a few armed services.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

thanks. thats a lovely bit of metal there. i can see the influence in a lot of Metal gear solid weapon designs.
too bad only US customs got to use them.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Well hey now, burying a select few in certain places could be a tactically sound idea in the right situation.

I`m not much of a collector, just a few necessary for protection, but I do want the gun of all guns. A GAU-8 Avenger, but it comes attached so I`d need a hangar and a few more millions of dollars first.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

Well hey now, burying a select few in certain places could be a tactically sound idea in the right situation.

I`m not much of a collector, just a few necessary for protection, but I do want the gun of all guns. A GAU-8 Avenger, but it comes attached so I`d need a hangar and a few more millions of dollars first.

The Avenger that's the primary weapon on the Warthog? That's firepower to the nth degree. Dream big or go home, some say, but I like your style Sir.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I recognize two of those photos, they are of "the grey room" which is a collection/display/conference room at Heckler and Koch in Germany.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm not the biggest fan of firearms either but did you ever see Robert L Starer's collection?

www.hoax-slayer.com...

Cheers.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

Ya those were in there, those were the ones I thought were museum displays!

edit on thMon, 07 Sep 2015 23:56:31 -0500America/Chicago920153180 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

I'm not the biggest fan of firearms either but did you ever see Robert L Starer's collection?

www.hoax-slayer.com...

Cheers.

The link you provided is picture #26 in the Brigade link. It wasn't identified as belonging to Starer, but it's nice to know the origin of that vault. Thanks for the link.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
They all look very impressive but I think I would like something a little more low key and secure. I feel the time is coming in America that if anyone knows what you have, they will be by to try and take it.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Where is the tank?
What is a gun cellar without a tank? Yes, it is a German thing.

But, where is the tank I have to ask.
edit on 8 9 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Good for those people.... But, some people just have too much money. That doesn't mean that I would not mind having too much money too.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You got it, A-10s main weapon. If it were possible I would have great fun strafing old Toyota's and Honda's. Keep Calm, and BRRRRRT On!

a reply to: ManFromEurope

"Alerted to the threat?" What in the hell is a single elderly man going to do with a Panther? I bet its in pristine condition and look forward to seeing where it pops up at.
edit on 8-9-2015 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo
I have collected firearms for years, and have a true appreciation for the operation and placement in history of many of them. Mine are kept in several safes, and have always wanted to build a gun vault, but space and money are an issue.

I came across an article and pictures of high scale gun vaults and collections I want to share with ATSers that appreciate the scope and effort put into the vaults featured in the link:

thebrigade.com...

Please check out these amazing gun vaults and tell me what you think. They're beyond my means, but some will blow your socks off. Enjoy!

Ha....those are great and one of them is actually in my neighborhood. Owned/built by a gunsmith where I live. I have been in it a couple times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join