It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Makes Voters Sign Loyalty Pledge Before Entering Event

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
WOW. THIS is just sad.
Apparently, a very small number of university students showed up for the event..and then, only to see her husband.
Even though Hillary made everyone who entered the event, sign a pledge to vote for her, when asked, most attendees said they were more interested in voting for Bernie.
IDK...with Sanders moving ahead in NH...and nary a Hillary supporter to be found even here on ATS...things are not looking too promising for the ol' girl.

Oh, sorry, I almost forgot to mention that personal server/FBI espionage investigation thing, too.

Attendees at a Hillary Clinton campaign event in Cleveland, Ohio, were asked to sign a pledge promising to vote for the candidate before they were allowed into the venue.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review‘s Salena Zito attended the event and posted a picture of the pledge on Twitter:
twitter.com...

Zito’s coverage of the Sunday event (which the Clinton camp has geared towards millennials) highlighted the Democratic candidate’s difficulty in winning over a demographic that has largely flocked to her primary opponent Bernie Sanders. Zito describes the event as nothing short of a disaster, where the small number of university students who showed up were more interesting in voting for Sanders and seeing her husband Bill Clinton.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I would say WOW, but you already did!

Looks like Hillary is getting desperate, or maybe she thinks voters are like super-delegates that she can lock up early to secure her nomination.

Either way, it's a sign that she's feeling the Bern.

Go Bernie!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States. She knows how to play the game too well. The others are just rookie upstarts compared to the Hillary.She will crush and destroy anyone standing between her and the White House. Just taking her time , picking out her marks and the method.
edit on 7-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

"That pledge is as binding as toilet paper"

My favorite comment on the Twitter link.

I hope she drags-out the campaign until she is financially ruined...then God show mercy by a lightening strike at Dem convention.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States. She knows how to play the game too well. The others are just rookie upstarts compared to the Hillary.She will crush and destroy anyone standing between her and the White House. Just taking her time , picking out her marks and the method.

I mean no disrespect, but are you being serious?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A loyalty oath a day keeps the pollsters away.

Not only are the sharks circling the H. Clinton campaign, but in some part of his mind I'd bet that Bill is hoping she'll lose so that he can continue to be 'the president' in the family and also to take the spotlight off his likely-stymied social life.
edit on 7-9-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Maybe I have spent too much time on the conspiracy boards...but the first thing I thought of was if she loses, she will start waving those signed pledges around shouting, "These votes must not have been counted... How could I lose when so many people swore they would vote for me?"

It sounds crazy, but so many crazy sounding things have already happened I wonder how far off center it really is...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A couple of quotes from attendees;characteristic of those present:

What looked like a block-long line turned out to be a crowd that could barely fill one-fourth of a football field. And the students in attendance? Well, they weren't exactly there to support the former secretary of State.

“I am sort of a Bernie (Sanders) fan. I also had nothing else to do at 10 in the morning,” said Brian Miller, a chemical engineering student from Pittsburgh, waiting with more than a dozen friends for the event to start.

David Lituchy of Morgantown, W.Va., was there on the off-chance he'd see a different Clinton: “I am here for Bill. He would definitely liven things up here.”

He said he's leaning toward Sanders, too.

Such sentiment wasn't anecdotal; scores of students expressed it, and you didn't need to interview anyone to know that Clinton has political problems beyond her email controversy.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

edit on 7-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This is not so much an attempt to get people to sign a pledge to vote for Hillary, as it is to find more people to volunteer their time for the local campaign efforts.

Hand out flyers, make phone calls, etc.

This is not anything new. Many candidates do things like this.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Sounds "Invasive".

U Vill Obaay.

Vee know Who U Arrr and Vee Know Verr U Liff

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

As much as I hate to say it and I truly do. I think your right. People just can't fathom that the whole system is a scam. It is all rigged.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is not so much an attempt to get people to sign a pledge to vote for Hillary, as it is to find more people to volunteer their time for the local campaign efforts.

Makes sense...thanks (a STAR 4U)

FIRST line, TOP of form; BOLD-face print:
"I COMMIT TO VOTE FOR HILLARY CLINTON"
edit on 7-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Yes, it's a well-known political strategy that is used by many politicians, regardless of party affiliation.

Last Thursday, Regina Schwartz shared some of the secret psychology behind successful voter mobilization tactics during our monthly webinar: Take the Plunge: Get Your Voters to Commit to Vote! Regina is a recognized expert in voter mobilization and the deputy director at the Analyst Institute where they conduct randomized controlled experiments to see what works and what doesn’t to mobilize voters.

Until recently, get-out-the-vote campaigns were measured by the number of emails sent and calls made. But who cares about those metrics if turnout doesn’t increase? Today, campaign experts focus on how many new voters are created because of emails and calls. Even better, these experts, like Regina, are sharing their techniques with us.

Learn the science behind the tactics.

Regina told us about the behavioral science principle of commitment and consistency. Simply put, we want to live up to our promises or previously made commitments. And, we want to do things that we believe are consistent with those initial commitments.

We follow through on commitments because we want to minimize cognitive dissonance. For example, we feel ill at ease when we start thinking about how to get out of a promise we made to someone.

Regina shared examples of field experiments where this principle was successfully used to motivate people to first make a small civic commitment, like signing a petition or wearing a button, and then later make a larger commitment, like putting a huge hideous sign on your front lawn or volunteering to staff a booth for three hours.

The Analyst Institute leveraged this principle of commitment and consistency to increase voter turnout for the 2012 election. Turnout increased when the Obama campaign asked people to sign a pledge to vote and later reminded them of their pledges.

Source

Read the article, it's quite interesting. Politicians use these tactics and it's effective. I know you are very anti-Hillary, but this is nothing new and not damning in any way.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I mean no disrespect, but are you being serious?

Was that sarcasm? I am getting better at this

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Shouldn't attendees be asked to sign AFTER they hear her at the event...rather than be made to sign in order to be ALLOWED IN?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE
Bingo , give that poster a cigar.....

edit on 7-9-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I would say whatever, if your a Sanders supporter, sign the pledge, check out the competition, vote for Sanders. All this doesn't is help Sanders with the underdog who can over come. She is pathetic for doing it, but it seems more like a compliment to Sanders than she realizes.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Shouldn't attendees be asked to sign AFTER they hear her at the event...rather than be made to sign in order to be ALLOWED IN?

How do we know that is even true? Because Salena Zito says so?

It also appears that she may be anti-Hillary as well after reviewing some of her tweets and posts.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: HUMBLEONE

As much as I hate to say it and I truly do. I think your right. People just can't fathom that the whole system is a scam. It is all rigged.

I always felt that there was still hope. That my faith in humanity would win out. That people would come to their collective senses and vote accordingly. It took me a while to come to the conclusion that if my faith in humanity is dependent on seeing evidence that the people voted in a truly conscientious manner, then my faith in humanity was doomed. Its not how the people vote, its which ones are counted and who does the counting. Its hard for a person who is a patriot at heart to accept the fact that the system they hold dear has been so deeply corrupted. Painful as it is to admit, I can see her winning - with or without the votes.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

YESSS!

and thats exactly what I want!

I voted for Hillary when she was up against Obama in the primaries... then I voted for Obama once he was the man.

But from here on out, Im Hillary all the way!

PUT A CLINTON BACK IN OFFICE

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join