It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL America still exists - I saw it for myself.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: Just saw mods post, felt this was too close to the line

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I'm glad this worked out for those girls!!

This is truly a great thing to share. I love it when this works out!

But why the van hate?

not everyone who drives a van is a perv, or kidnapper!

edit on 7-9-2015 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
For the cop haters:
Over 100 off-duty State Troopers came from all over to help search.
To these men and women being a cop is more than just a job.
Remember these troopers next time you hear a negative story about LEOs.

That post was VERY uplifting. It is true, there are many good cops, I like to call them Peace Officers. They keep the pea ce and also go above and beyond the call of duty when not even paid. There is a dark side to police though, extreme LEOs.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I love stories like this, thanks OP so much for posting.

Rebel 5

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Got it.

So if I post a simple feel good story about anything, anything at all, from now on, since I live in America I must also include that caveat that the wonderful people of Lichtenstein, Andorra, Lesotho, the People's Republic of Podunkistan and your great nation of whatever it is ... Oh, and Australia since one of the two of you mentioned you were from there ... are equally wonderful, loving, kind and generous and will give you the shorts off their butts?

Noted.

Good God the world has become ridiculous.

You are just noticing ??

Imagine how the rest of the world feels.

No wait, it is AMERICA that is ridiculous, according to this OP.

According to the OP, this is something amazing and SHOCKING, and must be celebrated as such, instead of just everyday normal procedure.

THAT is what is RIDICULOUS.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, the divisiveness by some people in this thread is an oxymoron if I've ever seen one. We can't even come together about people coming together anymore.

Awesome story OP. It's good to see that we can still be human every now and then.

edit on 9/7/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Very nice to hear when communities come together. Seen that currently Washington State wildfire outbreaks, people trying to help out with supplies and donations for those who lost homes to the memorials throughout the area about the three firefighters who had lost their lives. In this case it wasn't just locally coming together, firefighters came to the region as far as Australia and New Zealand to help out.
edit on 7-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I will help anyone in need. I still don't agree with most people on what makes a great planet.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Wonderful to here something like this happening.

Restores a lot of faith in humanity.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Amazing isnt it ? That all the differing groups of people that are portrayed to hate each other , coming together in a common cause for good. Now if it could be permanently forgotten, what could we accomplish ?

I don't understand how you can make this statement.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and point out that one cannot see multiple/differing groups of people, whether they be a different skin colour or follow a different religion, in the video posted in the news article. Nor are they mentioned in writing.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: symphonyofblase

originally posted by: Gothmog
Amazing isnt it ? That all the differing groups of people that are portrayed to hate each other , coming together in a common cause for good. Now if it could be permanently forgotten, what could we accomplish ?

I don't understand how you can make this statement.
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here and point out that one cannot see multiple/differing groups of people, whether they be a different skin colour or follow a different religion, in the video posted in the news article. Nor are they mentioned in writing.

Ummmm maybe because I have witnessed this several times up close and personal in my long life..? Especially when one of my friend's nephew wandered off and most of the community pitched in to search for 28 long hours .

And please , dont use the term devil....I think I have that copyrighted.....

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Yule, or The Dead of Winter, brings us together too.
civilwartalk.com...
Thank Odin.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

That may be so, but unless you were there in Pleasantview and personally witnessed these particular events, there is no proof that "differing groups of people that are portrayed to hate each other, came together in a common cause".

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Unfortunately, while many people in America have good intentions, many have been fooled into false views.

So while intentions may be good, results may not be. The same guy who may look for those girls may support killing thousands of people abroad.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The "Real America" hasn't gone anywhere. I think people would be pleasantly surprised how kind and sane their neighbors are if they would just turn off the bloody news.

I think I have said something like this before but the news doesn't report the murders that don't happen, the planes that don't crash, or the guns that don't go off. (the County Clerks who do their jobs?)

The overwhelming majority of Americans are kind and caring people.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I don't understand the rush to discredit anything positive said about Americans, considering all the bad that the news reports I would think folks are thrilled to see a heart warming report on people coming together.

I'm glad to see it in other parts of the country, I've seen it on a regular basis in the "fly over" states many people like to mock.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

The "Real America" hasn't gone anywhere. I think people would be pleasantly surprised how kind and sane their neighbors are if they would just turn off the bloody news.

I think I have said something like this before but the news doesn't report the murders that don't happen, the planes that don't crash, or the guns that don't go off. (the County Clerks who do their jobs?)

The overwhelming majority of Americans are kind and caring people.

In a nutshell that's what I was trying to say.
Thanks for speaking my mind.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There are still lots of good people in this world, I once went into a ditch on a cold winter night at 1 am, I had no cell phone either. Within five minutes a total stranger stopped with his truck and pulled me out with the winch he had on the front of his truck. It seems bad stories make the press and good ones don't.
edit on 8-9-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Who knew there were still people with hearts??? Makes me feel just a bit better about the world to hear news like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Heroes, all. I am so grateful the whole incident turned out well. It lifted my spirit. I thought of 911 and how no matter how big or small the crisis, our country is full of heroes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join