It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strikes Jim Beam warehouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Kentucky....
800,000 gallons of bourbon ignited, and wind conditions were just right for the creation of a flaming "whiskey-nado".

That's a lot of booze! Appx. 70 million shots!
Of course there are some funny comments on The Tube.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Oh , no. Say it aint so. Lends a whole new meaning to the "Devil's Cut" , huh ?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
It was a judgement from Allah. "I said, no booze!"

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I believe this event occurred several years ago.

It was a very interesting looking visual, with the whiskey fueled firenado!

On August 4, 2003, a fire destroyed a Jim Beam aging warehouse in Bardstown, Kentucky. It held about 19,000 barrels of bourbon. Flames rose more than 100 feet from the burning structure. Burning bourbon spilled from the warehouse and set a nearby creek on fire. An estimated 19,000 fish died of the bourbon in the creek and a river.

Jim Beam Wikipedia
19,000 fish died of alcohol poisoning. What a way to go though.
edit on b000000302015-09-07T09:04:22-05:0009America/ChicagoMon, 07 Sep 2015 09:04:22 -0500900000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

After the warehouse was damaged, the bourbon flowed into a nearby lake, which was then struck by lightening

I guess that's ok if you like water with your whiskey. I feel for the Beam fans out there, but the best whiskey is clear, comes in a Mason jar and doesn't have a label.

Cool fire tornado though.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The Indians didn't call it fire-water for nothing you know!!! LOL

@DAVID64 - In Australia, we call that methylated spirits - aka aboriginal fire-water.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Oh , no. Say it aint so. Lends a whole new meaning to the "Devil's Cut" , huh ?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
That should cut down on domestic abuse, a little.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

According to the WeatherChannel site, it happened last Friday, but a story in your "Jim Beam" link reports a suspiciously similar event from 2003! Those sleazy newsmongers are probably rehashing old news.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown
That should cut down on domestic abuse, a little.

That reminds me, did you hear about the Kentucky couple that split up?
The boy was devasted. The girl said:
"Don't take it so hard. We can still be cousins."

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
a reply to: butcherguy

According to the WeatherChannel site, it happened last Friday, but a story in your "Jim Beam" link reports a suspiciously similar event from 2003! Those sleazy newsmongers are probably rehashing old news.

I found the story behind the story posted in Maxim.com

It happened years ago in the heart of Kentucky, but since the Weather Channel recently resurrected the story of the Bourbon Fire Tornado, we thought we'd take a moment to examine what happens when essential elements like wind, fire, water and fine American whiskey combine.
It is a rehashed story, but I hadn't heard about it until it reemerged.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Jim Beam is trash bourbon anyway that you drink by the shot to get the nasty stuff down as quickly as possible . Give me some good Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace that you take your time with , sip and enjoy .

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
It is the finger of the LORD onto ye heathens and blasphemers... Kentucky whiskey is the craft of SATAN! Kentucky is about to bear the wrath of the LORD GOD for it's production of this product of the DEVIL!

Hallelujah!

edit on 7-9-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: KENTUCKY GET READY FOR THE WRATH OF THE LORD!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
No sharks?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
well whiskey is liek drinking vinegar anyway so good riddance if its true. Uugh ash in your mouth. Small smal particles but its still got ash in it from those barrels round molecule size.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stonecutter45
Jim Beam is trash bourbon anyway that you drink by the shot to get the nasty stuff down as quickly as possible . Give me some good Woodford Reserve or Buffalo Trace that you take your time with , sip and enjoy .

rbon.
I prefer Knob Creek (a Beam brand) or Bookers or Blantons but Beam is OK for an under $25/1.75L Bourbon.

top topics

join