It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: Gothmog
I have an entire bugout location and have had for years . Not because of any time the world was supposed to end though. It is because I had foresight enough to see what is coming .
1) a small place to live in the middle of nowhere USA on 3 acres of tested good farming land
2) solar panels and generators for power
3) running water across the property tested for potability
4) Watermill to pump water to the home and for irrigation (can use for back-up power as well.)
5) Throwaway phones with phone cards for communication
6) stocked with enough food to get a good start with
7) Weapons , ammo to do for a while
8) in between a dairy farm and horse ranch.fresh milk and transportation
i.e almost completely off grid and good to go
Forgot to add , RN - 30 year veteran of emergency rooms
originally posted by: Irishhaf
For that date no, but anyone that doesn't prep at least a bit is a fool in my opinion.
You can't plan for a natural disaster, you can't plan for terrorist attacks, but you can prepare to shift odds in your favor.
So like in New Orleans, people should have had canoes stored in their attics? And every hi rise from now on should include parachutes for every employee on the upper floors?
seriously though, what is supposed to happen.
originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
i heard the asteroid comes from planet x and is loaded with ebola!