It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

american horror story(and a couple other good shows) getting ready to start soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:37 AM
link   
well, in a month or so. ive got to write these all down

american horror story hotel is october 7th

season 2 of the knick on october 16th

season 5 of homeland on october 4th

i thought the 1st season of homeland was awesome. season 2-3 was just ok but season 4 was better than season 1 i thought.
season 5 takes place 2 yeas after the events of season 4 and carrie is no longer an intelligence officer. she is working private security. it takes place in berlin.
im very excited about this

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I LOVE american horror story, i have all the boxsets available to watch on my streaming app, im always a season behind because i prefer to have the full season there so i can blast through it in a week, rather than waiting every week for a new episode, because then i tend to either forget and miss an episode, or i lose interest lol i havent heard of knick, and never watched homeland

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

I LOVE american horror story, i have all the boxsets available to watch on my streaming app, im always a season behind because i prefer to have the full season there so i can blast through it in a week, rather than waiting every week for a new episode, because then i tend to either forget and miss an episode, or i lose interest lol i havent heard of knick, and never watched homeland

if i had my way i would do like you do and binge out. i watch a LOT of tv and movies though and i am all up to date.
no way i can wait for the entire season to pass. i work a lot and when i am home after my daughter goes to bed all i really do is veg out.

homeland and the knick are both pretty good shows. if youre looking for other stuff to watch, its worth it. if you get into them you have 4 seasons of homeland and 1 of the knick.
i like homeland better than the knick but the knick is an interesting premise.

the knick

A look at the professional and personal lives of the staff at New York's Knickerbocker Hospital during the early part of the twentieth century.

^^^pretty cool looks at crude medical techniques. opium dens. race issues.

i am stoked about horror story this season. i loved last season. twisty was awesome. i have high hopes for this season.
gaga as the countess...the one who runs the hotel
sarah paulson is playing hypodermic sally. a drug addict and permanent resident
lilly rabe is playing aileen wournos

gonna be good

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
American Horror Story started all right. First season was good. Second was good but lost its way. Didn't watch the third so no comment. Fourth started strong but I almost got to the point of disinterest.

I hate to sound like one of "those people", but the show is getting way too gay for a mainstream audience. Personally, I'm not disgusted or offended. I get it, it comes out around Halloween when certain closeted individuals can let loose with not as much social stigma. I guess applause that a near mainsteam show is so gay? I won't be watching. The payoff in the end is minimal anymore and it's about pushing boundaries rather than actual horror.

Plus, Lady gaga is not as talented as she thinks she is.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

i am part of the mainstream audience and i dont think it is too gay
and you do sound like one of those people
its cool though. your opinion

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Un-huh. The PC police are on the beat.
So if someone was to say a show was too much a "chick flick" that is a PC error and one should retrain his/her mind to be more receptive, change the channel and never state why they do so?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

no. i dont care either way.
im cool with it but i dont have to be. dude can feel how he wants.

on a tv note, my beloved orphan black does not come on till july next year
sucks

only season i didnt watch was the 1st. maybe thats where all the gayness was cause i dont remember it
edit on 7-9-2015 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It's just not my bag...

Look at how many openly gay actors, storylines, etc. That have been in the four years it has been on the air.

It just isn't for me. I have a remote and can watch whatever I want. I was just making an observation.

And yeah, since I'm unapologetically heterosexual, I am not drawn to the show since it wants to be so gay/lesbian. Other people can dig it. That's fine. But I'm allowed an opinion. And I'm not judging lifestyles or anything else.

It's just not my thing.
edit on 7-9-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

I watch very little television. But I have the dvr set for South Park and the new season.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

It's just not my bag...

It just isn't for me. I have a remote and can watch whatever I want. I was just making an observation.

of course.
why would i care
i honestly dont remember the gayness on horror story. does not mean its not there though

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Last season was rubbish, got totally bored halfway through. Couple of good musical numbers though.

I'll give the new season a try, first two were good, I love me some blood, gore and horror

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i've never seen any of the 'American Horror Stories" but Matt Bomer is supposed to be on this season..sooo i may have to watch it now

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
Last season was rubbish, got totally bored halfway through. Couple of good musical numbers though.

I'll give the new season a try, first two were good, I love me some blood, gore and horror

Is there Life on Mars?

Gave me chills. I'm a Bowie freak, though.
The Nirvana one was okay.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Is there Life on Mars?

i suppose.
i dont see how an older woman singing bowie is gay though.

i really dont care. im just excited about the new season

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

It's just not my bag...

of course.
why would i care
i honestly dont remember the gayness on horror story. does not mean its not there though

Season one...the rubber suit that was a pop culture thing for a while. Zachary Quinto and his blonde boyfriend (whose ghost tried to go down on another guy in hilarious fashion)...I could understand that.
I guess there was some girl-girl action season three.
One of the plotlines from last season was the closeted strongman played by Michael Chiklis angrily drinking and hiding his real sexuality.
I don't recall much of season two at the moment, but I'm sure something was there as well.
Also, adding Doogie Howser and his significant other to last season for no appearant reason...

Now Lady Gaga...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's just not my bag...

of course.
why would i care

Season one...the rubber suit that was a pop culture thing for a while. Zachary Quinto and his blonde boyfriend...I could understand that.
I guess there was some girl-girl action season three.
One of the plotlines from last season was the closeted strongman played by Michael Chiklis angrily drinking and hiding his real sexuality.
I don't recall much of season two at the moment, but I'm sure something was there as well.
Also, adding Doogie Howser and his significant other to last season for no appearant reason...

Now Lady Gaga...

maybe doogie auditioned for the part and got it.
i do remember the strong man being the gay though. forgot all about that
i kept trying to think about the sexuals of last season and i kept thinking about lobster boy and the ladies from the 1st episode. remember that?
twiddling their diddle with his lobster hands.
now i do remember sarah paulsons character was gay in asylum. thats the ammo jessica lange used to get her admitted.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Is there Life on Mars?

i suppose.
i dont see how an older woman singing bowie is gay though.

i really dont care. im just excited about the new season

Never said it was.
It isn't. The whole show isn't gay...just look at my last post.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

i replied to it
i remember what you mentioned now. not quinto and the blonde. i didnt watch season 1

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Yep. I want to like the show. But the plotlines fail after the fourth episode. Then it just gets all gay. I can't relate to that. Personal preference.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Yes, the Bowie cover was fantastic, Gods and Monsters cover was good too.

Who cares about any amount of 'Gay' in it though? sex is sex, and it sells, no matter what orientation.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant

Yes, the Bowie cover was fantastic, Gods and Monsters cover was good too.

Who cares about any amount of 'Gay' in it though? sex is sex, and it sells, no matter what orientation.

True.
And I think that is the reason behind it's success. It's like "orange is the new black". It makes suburban white folks feel okay and reassured questioning their sexual preferences and possible attraction to those of the same gender.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join