It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Times attacks Prime Minister Tony Abbott over 'stop the boats' policy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Nations need to protect their borders to ensure the safety of their people. Letting thousands of people flood into your country is irresponsible. Who's going to feed and take care of them and at what cost? I commend Abbot for doing whats right to protect his own people.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Your right... it is an incredibly beautiful country. But the people who inhabit it are extremely simple, to say the least.

Bunch of spoiled racist rednecks, every single one of them!

I still live with the hope that I'll one day win the lottery and be able to move away from these bunch of simple minded intolerable twits.

And you show the Eureka flag...sounds like you want to run your own form of tyranny

Crikey! Am I missing something here. Sorry Construperson but I can't find that original quote suggesting I am a "spoilt racist redneck" being an aussie.

Anyway Subaeruginosa might be just ranting. Tragic rant when you have to call out all the aussies. His wish will be granted. (Waves hand) He will win the lottery.

I'll continue flying the aboriginal flag instead of the white stars on blue.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Sorry Construperson but I can't find that original quote suggesting I am a "spoilt racist redneck" being an aussie.

I think it was deleted for a manners violation

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

to Subaeruginosa

you may like to take not of the following stats - your anti-Australian rhetoric has come unstuck

theconversation.com...

Since the early 2000s, the annual intake of refugees referred from the UNHCR has been around 6,000, with the exception of the year 2012-13 when the Gillard Labor government doubled the intake to 12,000 in response to the recommendations of the Expert Panel on Asylum Seekers.

Temporary protection by way of “safe haven visas” such as those granted to the East Timorese and Kosavar refugees are not included in our permanent resettlement programme.

In 2014, Australia accepted 6,501 refugees for resettlement. This is the second-biggest resettlement program in the world. The United States takes the largest number, approximately 50,000-80,000 (but Australia is still highest per capita).

The UNHCR has also praised Australia as having one of the best refugee resettlement programmes in the world.

The prime minister is correct to say that Australia’s resettlement programme is the highest per capita globally.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm just going to post a couple websites I found out just now while researching this subject.

aussie government webpage

This below one has lots of graphs. Who knows if they are legitimate or not.
Probably Labor Party Propaganda

I might have to repeal some of what I have said in some of my posts. But I still don't want them here. I believe they should deal with it themselves and sort thier own country out.
edit on 8-9-2015 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
www.abc.net.au...

The verdict Mr Morrison is correct. Based on the definition set out in the people smuggling protocol, people who have come to Australia without a valid visa have illegally entered the country.

The other problem illegals have is the following:-

on refugees who, coming directly from a territory where their life or freedom was threatened in the sense of article 1,

Text of the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees
Text of the 1967 Protocol Relating to the Status of Refugees

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

All Australian citizens should be ashamed of themselves!

I didn't vote for Tony "Suppository of Wisdom" Abbott, nor do I support his barbaric plan of dealing with the supposed "refugee crisis" of his own manufacturing.

I am ashamed to be Australian when I see that monster of a "man" on TV ranting on about how refugees are here to eat our babies and rape our women. The sooner the next election comes the sooner we can be rid of him - it's just a crying shame that, as it stands, there isn't a single other person or party I want to vote for at the moment. If I thought I stood a chance, I would form my own party and set about fixing the complete stuff-up that is Australian politics at the moment.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

So, in reality, how would a person living in Afghanistan (who's life is danger from the Taliban) actually go about getting a valid visa?

Sounds like a catch 22 to me.

People claim we should only accept genuine refugees and not economic refugees, but its completely impossible for genuine refugees living in war torn countries to obtain a visa. Only economic refugees from countries like India would have any chance of actually getting a visa.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So, in reality, how would a person living in Afghanistan (who's life is danger from the Taliban) actually go about getting a valid visa?

Forget it mate, from the nonsense he has already posted he most likely assumes "they just would" so they can come and live in our "resorts" so they can all "rape our women and eat our babies"

In essence, he's bought into the lie hook, line and sinker.

He probably thinks Tony is next in line to be King, something which Tony definitely wants.

edit on 8/9/2015 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Australia for the Australians, just what is wrong with that? like Europe, Australia might not have the housing, food, education, health infrastructure to accommodate the population of north africa and the middle east, 'western' countries are mostly bankrupt, I presume Oz and the Kewi's don't want to be, and I don't blame them.
Nations quite often vote for the government they deserve, especially these days.

The best brains of Britain, france, and Germany were killed off in two world wars.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
First we were arguing over what to do about them. Fight the wars, not fight the wars. Arm them, don't arm them. Give them money, or don't.

Now 1st World countries are fighting over who takes them in. It's a contest? Whoever takes in the Most Refugees is the better country?

So they've got us again. One way or the other. Fighting amongst ourselves.

This can't be good.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff

Australia for the Australians, just what is wrong with that?

So many things are wrong with that it is hard to know where to begin.

Lets start with, if that's how you feel, then every man, woman and child in Australia needs to leave as Australia belongs to the Aborigines - remember how we took it off them, killed and enslaved them? The rest of us were either shipped here from Britain as convicts or guards, or migrated in a little later.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Why not try an original argument. Yes Australia may have been taken a couple of hundred of years ago right or wrong. If it was not for the for fathers of Australia, being Aboriginal and mixed European none of us would be here now. As it was a united effort by those living in Australia at that time, to prevent the Japanese from taking the place. If the Japanese had of won, none of us would now exist. If you wish to draw comparisons perhaps you could say the current Muslim immigrants are much like the Japanese's back in ww2, the only difference is the approach.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: marsend

Why not try an original argument.

Look up! See that thing wizzing over your head? That's the point of my post flying over your head at high speed.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

So, in reality, how would a person living in Afghanistan (who's life is danger from the Taliban) actually go about getting a valid visa

Why does someone from Afghanistan travel halfway around the world to Australia, bypassing many other safe countries on the way, just because he decides he liked all the social security benefits in Australia? If he feared for his safety he could have stopped at the first UN refugee camp!

People claim we should only accept genuine refugees and not economic refugees, but its completely impossible for genuine refugees living in war torn countries to obtain a visa.

Then how do the economic refugees get a visa after flying into Indonesia?

Remember what the previous labor Foreign Minister said....

Foreign Minister Bob Carr's claim that Australia needs to toughen the way it assesses refugee applications because too many asylum-seekers, especially those from Iran, are economic migrants rather than genuine refugees

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

So how many of these people will you put up in your house,we have high unemployment,homeless people everywhere,sick and disabled people struggling to exist,women and gay and lesbian people whom its proven these animals will rape or bash...and you want to spend billions on people who never have nor ever will contribute anything to this country.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Sounds like a catch 22 to me.

Simple - by going to a UN refugee camp and going through the UN system. Australia is part of the UN refugee agreement and through these channels we let the genuinely desperate get through instead of Mr and Mrs Boatperson who bought a ticket on a dodgy boat for several thousand US dollars on the promise of a new life in Australia.

Yes, there is an underground 'travel agent' business selling tickets and organising boats all because they know that as long as the boat makes it into Australian waters they get a free queue jump into the country. If one can afford to pay the sort of money these boat people pay, then one can argue that they are not that desperate at all. Just ask an Indonesian person how long you could live on $4,000 USD for - you'd be quite impressed.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

So how many of these people will you put up in your house,we have high unemployment,homeless people everywhere,sick and disabled people struggling to exist,women and gay and lesbian people whom its proven these animals will rape or bash...and you want to spend billions on people who never have nor ever will contribute anything to this country.

This is the biggest elephant in the room with immigration in general;

Letting more people in does not equal greater wealth.

When you have that A*hole Abbot forcing the motor industry offshore this is the cost of that one move alone

The contribution of manufacturing to Australia's gross domestic product peaked in the 1960s at 25%, and had dropped to 13% by 2001–2[1] and 10.5% by 2005–6.[2] In 2004–05, the manufacturing industry exported products worth $67,400 million, and employed 1.1 million people[3]

Source

Yep, he shutdown around 10% of our GDP. But hey, let's let more jobless people into our nation while mining is going backwards and a major part of our economy is being fed to the wolves. What would I know about economics?

And don't even get me started on that damned free trade agreement with China. Just ask any of my Kiwi brethren what free trade with China has done for NZ. The largest industry (dairying) is now in crisis because the Chinese have come in, bought up farms and exported live cattle back to China so they can produce their own milk and undercut NZ whom did the hard work and paved the way for dairy products to become desirable in the chinese market. The payout levels have dropped by a staggering 50% this year and farmers are walking off the land because they cannot service their lofty mortgages.
edit on 8-9-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Now without an invitation from Syria to be there or any UN charter we are probably about to bomb somebody or something in Syria and Abbot will join the list of war criminals of the ZATO alliance Z = Zion and possibly come into direct confrontation with Russia...another great Captains call...as for your comments we've been sold down the river since Hawke left
edit on 8-9-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
When you have that A*hole Abbot forcing the motor industry offshore this is the cost of that one move alone

More garbage from you.

Ford announced they would be leaving Australia under the KRudd government...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join