It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Does it matter if it was a meteor or a reentry?
Either way it's pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Perhaps

Got this message from Dirk Ross on Aug 24/2015
" I will be gone for the next 20 days. Website will likely not be updated for a while. Letting you know so that you don't think i disappeared."

My sky cam been running since 2013
Have a 500 Gb drive full just started on my new 2 Tb drive

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

Here a few Meteor Rat looking into it on FaceBook

FaceBook Linky

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
Now through November there are some rather large asteroids zooming through our vicinity, 1 km or larger, so I would think some smaller chunks would be also zooming by, some much closer.
It is something I noticed about the big asteroids that go by, they in themselves might not be close to the earth, but it seems like smaller pieces might be following or before them that are closer, sometimes entering the atmosphere.

No links to provide for this, as it is just something I noticed the last few years when big rocks go past, there are meteor sightings around the same time.

Spaceweather has the list of asteroids known to be cruising our area,
if one looks they can see the bigger ones.
www.spaceweather.com...

Ya after running my sky camera since 2013 I think you have a good point
but like you do not have the data to prove it yet

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don't matter at all, and yes it was indeed pretty cool.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ
Here in Tennessee last night my son and I was driving and saw two "shooting stars" back to back.... had they been faint we wouldnt have noticed but they were brighter than Ive ever seen in my 42 years.

Just had to throw that out there. lol

My sister next door said she saw a very big one last night around 9:45 DST going North.

she phone me to see if my camera got it but it was offline frozen had to restart the program again man was I piss off

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Amazing, you'd be gutted to know that was viewable in your area but didn't catch it.

Why doesn't there appear to be a debris cloud or contrail that I can see, is this possibly due to the distance away or burn up altitude?
edit on 7-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

The one bolide I was lucky to see, didn't leave any trail.
But it was at night. There is that.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can sort of understand at night, I just thought they all leave some trail of its path in burn up. Maybe just the distance.
edit on 7-9-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think it was Nibiru fizzling out.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

This is definitely a bolide. I saw one like this once back in 1973 late at night. Fairly rare phenomena, but when you see one, you NEVER forget it. The one I saw lit the entire sky up like it was daytime, then broke apart into fragments that were pink white and green and finally faded out. It was AWESOME.
edit on 8-9-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Satellite or Meteorite.....either way it's cool!

Here's my theory

Joking aside.....X-37B is in orbit at the moment.....another intentionally downed satellite??

Cheers
Robbie
edit on 9-9-2015 by stratsys-sws because: Formatting

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: stratsys-sws
Satellite or Meteorite.....either way it's cool!

Here's my theory

Joking aside.....X-37B is in orbit at the moment.....another intentionally downed satellite??

Cheers
Robbie

I dont think much of your theory, but you have made me want to watch Superman again!

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
a reply to: oddnutz

This is definitely a bolide. I saw one like this once back in 1973 late at night. Fairly rare phenomena, but when you see one, you NEVER forget it. The one I saw lit the entire sky up like it was daytime, then broke apart into fragments that were pink white and green and finally faded out. It was AWESOME.

Ive been lucky enough to see three in my 40 years...but then im always lookign up. All during the day. Not this big but def bolides.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Ha, yeah I reckon that's possibly taking it a bit far

There was a piece of space junk called FLOCK 1B-11 that decayed around that time but it was on the opposite side of the bay of bengal and was only a cube sat, so I doubt it was that. Plus the angle of re-entry seems wrong.

So, unless it was the conspiracy of the century and X-47B is de-orbiting foreign satellites, most evidence therefore points to a meteorite.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Danowski
a reply to: stargatetravels

Looks nothing like CGI. You guys should have a crash course in video cutting/animation/after effects, as soon as you get comfortable with the subject matter you can easily dismiss real footage from CGI (not trying to attack someone, as part of my education I learned this stuff so it's easy for me to distinguish between real or fake).

So you recently did those studies?
Or you have kept your self up to date with the latest software and technology advances?
Nor trying to attack you, just wondering.

Can you give the rest of us some pointers on some obvious things to look for in a fake and real video..like some differences, or have or have nots or something.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join