It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

A dash cam captured the moment the fireball, thought to be a meteor, was seen over the Thai capital this morning.
The film shows a bright ball of flames move across the sky for a few seconds like a shooting star.
Locals took to social media to report sightings of the mystery blaze.
There has been no official confirmation of what caused the fireball.

Mystery fireball seen blazing across Bangkok sky caught on film

With all the doom pron regarding September 23 I thought this was an interesting teaser some might find interesting.

Huffington post article with more footage and information:
'Space Junk' Captured On Video Hurtling Into Bangkok Street

Saran Poshyachina, of the National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand, said the fireball could be a meteorite landing, according to the Bangkok Post.
But the publication also reported an identified fall of 'space junk' was expected around the time of the video.
Space junk Flock 1B-11 object number 40459U was thought to be close to atmosphere and due to burn through on Monday.

So it could be just space junk and not a precursor for later this month

edit on 7-9-2015 by oddnutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: oddnutz

adding image from source...

good catch by the dashcam.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Here is a youtube clip of the fireball, also added to the OP.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Possibly a meteorite burning up in our lower atmosphere? After all appearances can be deceptive regarding the altitude of the object in question.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Nothing noted here so far...

Latest World Wide Meteor - Meteorite News

Yet RSOE has this...

RSOE

It appears like an atmospheric entry of some sort.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   

It's not the best quality footage, but I'm not entirely convinced by it. I don't recall ever seeing a fireball, be it space debris, bolide or meteor explode and just disappear without a trace. Maybe because it was daytime it's hard to see..

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

could of been a starship going to warp lol

It could be because its daylight and the buildings are in way concealing whats left after the explosion?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Here we go, some more footage from other cameras..

Real deal then!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Real deal then!

Looks pretty fake to be honest - but maybe I'm just too skeptical.
edit on 7-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Looks nothing like CGI. You guys should have a crash course in video cutting/animation/after effects, as soon as you get comfortable with the subject matter you can easily dismiss real footage from CGI (not trying to attack someone, as part of my education I learned this stuff so it's easy for me to distinguish between real or fake).

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Its the arachnids from Starship Troopers.

Good thread . Not many times seeing meteor or meteorite that good.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
That was a pretty quick 'blaze'. Large enough to be seen in daylight, but small enough to ablate and break up in the upper atmosphere in a matter of moments.

At night…

If they are bigger, they just keep right on going…

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I saw the story on ABC News on TV this morning. It has been attributed to a piece of debris from a US satellite that re-entered the atmosphere and burned up.
satview.org
edit on b000000302015-09-07T07:43:21-05:0007America/ChicagoMon, 07 Sep 2015 07:43:21 -0500700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The Grand Theton video above shows a meteor / fireball which is on a slight incline and appears to be skipping throught the atmosphere WHEREAS the one filmed near Bangkok looks as though it's headed vertically down towards the ground but a some significant distance away from the city......

would be useful to know rough compass directions for the videos taken......

probably landed out to sea somewhere....

PDUK

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I also saw something similar last night here in Dover nj, I was star gazing in my backyard and looked up and what looked like a meteor with an orange tail, it lasted like 2 1/2 seconds and was going in the northwest direction and faded off into the night sky.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Possibly a meteorite burning up in our lower atmosphere? After all appearances can be deceptive regarding the altitude of the object in question.

What do you mean possibly? What else would it be? It looks exactly like a meteor fireball

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Real deal then!

Looks pretty fake to be honest - but maybe I'm just too skeptical.

The explosion looks a bit fake....but since there are a fair few sightings like this, ill believe its real (for now)

Actually, i take that back, watching the higher res version, its real
edit on 7-9-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Now through November there are some rather large asteroids zooming through our vicinity, 1 km or larger, so I would think some smaller chunks would be also zooming by, some much closer.
It is something I noticed about the big asteroids that go by, they in themselves might not be close to the earth, but it seems like smaller pieces might be following or before them that are closer, sometimes entering the atmosphere.

No links to provide for this, as it is just something I noticed the last few years when big rocks go past, there are meteor sightings around the same time.

Spaceweather has the list of asteroids known to be cruising our area,
if one looks they can see the bigger ones.
www.spaceweather.com...
edit on 7-9-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here in Tennessee last night my son and I was driving and saw two "shooting stars" back to back.... had they been faint we wouldnt have noticed but they were brighter than Ive ever seen in my 42 years.

Just had to throw that out there. lol

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

I mean exactly what I said possibly as opposed to conclusively. And short of someone recovering debris, if there even is some other than particulate matter, you, I or anyone else will never really be sure. How do you know it was not a satellite?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join