It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AC sign double squiggle softened

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Talk about taking forever and day and still not getting anywhere.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
When they post, banned members also have a "squiggle" in the place where the blank "star" icon should be.
Perhaps this is what the OP means by "after the name".

That is what I observed (after the name).

Where? Can you link it? If not then at least give someone enough info to search it.

ETA: I think this is what you're talking about www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, nothing concerning Pilot errors involving "smarty vapor" aerosols sprayed over parts of Australia (good link though).

Come on vet. You know damn well that link shows a single tilde, right where the star(s) would be. If that's not what you're on about then no one can help you if you just keep playing games.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The font settings in your browser will affect what actual symbol is displayed for that special character code

Might explain the varying experiences due to different browsers and OS's. I'm using Firefox in Linux and can't recall ever seeing that symbol in ATS (non-observancy could also be a valid reason for that)

ETA after checking that link it's a single tilde for me and I simply didn't take any notice of it (bigger issues occupy my mind

edit on 7/9/2015 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Come on vet. You know damn well that link shows a single tilde

Yep. Single tilde, Firefox in OS X.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Talk about taking forever and day and still not getting anywhere.

Perception is as unique as you alone perceive.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
When they post, banned members also have a "squiggle" in the place where the blank "star" icon should be.
Perhaps this is what the OP means by "after the name".

That is what I observed (after the name).

Where? Can you link it? If not then at least give someone enough info to search it.

ETA: I think this is what you're talking about www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, nothing concerning Pilot errors involving "smarty vapor" aerosols sprayed over parts of Australia (good link though).

Come on vet. You know damn well that link shows a single tilde, right where the star(s) would be. If that's not what you're on about then no one can help you if you just keep playing games.

That link did not reference in any way (as a proxy) what I saw; a double tilde on this particular thread; banned author *Brunhilde* type.
edit on 7-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

That link did not reference in any way (as a proxy) what I saw; a double tilde on this particular thread;

Why are you being so recreationally obtuse? They should just 404 this piece if you won't cooperate in your own gotdam thread presented as a search for an answer.

edit on 7-9-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: Thor told me to

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
The font settings in your browser will affect what actual symbol is displayed for that special character code

Might explain the varying experiences due to different browsers and OS's. I'm using Firefox in Linux and can't recall ever seeing that symbol in ATS (non-observancy could also be a valid reason for that)

after checking that link it's a single tilde for me and I simply didn't take any notice of it (bigger issues occupy my mind

That link has nothing to do with what I am referencing. I truly hope your larger issues vanish as non-sequiturs of no valid importance.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

vhb:
That link did not reference in any way (as a proxy) what I saw; a double tilde on this particular thread;

DenyO: Why are you being so recreationally obtuse? They should just 404 this piece if you won't cooperate in your own gotdam thread presented as a search for an answer.

Its my nature (I cannot help being playful). The answers were provided within the first 8 responses to the thread some by moderators.

vhb: banned author 'brunhilde type'

DenyO: exactly, if you mean the avatar of that member. Odd though, that you would recall anything at all about FYG. Never saw this persona of yours in that forum back then.

A joke; *Brunhilde* rhymes with Tilde. What is an FYG; you never saw that/my persona because I have never visited that forum.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Come on vet. You know damn well that link shows a single tilde

Yep. Single tilde, Firefox in OS X.

I accept my browser might be the demon child regarding the 'tilde'; as long as it does not totally misbehave (as in) writing all words of mine in Sanskrit I am fine; you on the other hand would be lost.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
(Pounding the reset button)

I have noticed recently some old threads resurrected; and one is suspicious in responding to because there is a double squiggle line after the OP's name.

That's very interesting, I don't recall ever seeing such a thing here. Could you post a link to the thread or at least give us the title? That would be helpful. Thanks.
edit on 7-9-2015 by DenyObfuscation because: fix overlooked error by auto-miscorrect

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

you on the other hand would be lost.

Actually, I, on the other hand, wouldn't be having paranoid fantasies about the possible horrific implications of a symbol on a website.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

(Pounding the reset button)

I have noticed recently some old threads resurrected; and one is suspicious in responding to because there is a double squiggle line after the OP's name.

That's very interesting, I don't recall ever seeing such a thing here. Could you post a link to the thread or at less give us the title? That would be helpful. Thanks.

You read the OP statement infinitum. I cannot post any link title to what you desire. Just ask your question (no recall because hasn't existed). I will not be the one responding.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

you on the other hand would be lost.

Actually, I, on the other hand, wouldn't be having paranoid fantasies about the possible horrific implications of a symbol on a website.

Regarding Sanskrit; a perfectly innocent first language ever concocted for the human to fuss over (its legitimacy), I am not certain the creators of earlier Sumerian cuneiform clay impressions were as paranoid regarding its/their eventual interpretation. The 'tilde' symbol is not a brandy/coke bottle beaching itself (whimsically) on Easter Island in 1753 just to confound the natives (it was meant to be God sent and worshiped as such/a sign) of future progress/annihilation. Just what are you hinting at?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

The 'tilde' symbol is not a coke bottle landing on Easter Island in 1753 just to confuse the natives.

I see many people using it when attributing a quotation.

"I tried snorting Coke* once, the bubbles nearly killed me". ~Steve Martin

*Coca-Cola

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
What a trippy thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What a trippy thread.

Yeah, I can't follow it at all...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

The 'tilde' symbol is not a coke bottle landing on Easter Island in 1753 just to confuse the natives.

I see many people using it when attributing a quotation.

"I tried snorting Coke* once, the bubbles nearly killed me". ~Steve Martin

*Coca-Cola

You mean "I tried snorting a coke bottle" floated to my local; found within it the *tilde* symbol (meaning almost approximate) attempt failed; or the bubbles *tilde* symbol meant did almost kill me (nearly; no carbination) but live to tell the tale of a near demise by not understanding the symbol- BTW where is my banjo (I know you hid).

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
What a trippy thread.

What can you expect otherwise of the 'tilde' awareness tide.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You realize that your posts have become completely unintelligible and nobody has a clue what you're trying to say, right?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join