It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Judge Refuses to Perform Same-Sex Marriages

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

Only 20 and got more sense, compassion and empathy then many.
Bright future you have jade kudos to you.
edit on 7-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime. That does not make their crime acceptable. So you're wrong.

How am I wrong when you just made the exact same case I provided. Being born a certain way does not necessitate it being alright. You just agreed.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

It doesn't but it obviously bothers you doesn't it? telling us all it isn't a real marriage.
Another who dodges questions....

Oh and FU my uncles adopted two kids who no one else would and they have grown up to be decent young people.
Maybe you should have been brought up with two gay dads and maybe you wouldn't have turned out like you did.
To equate gay folk to pedophiles is disgusting and ignorant.

As I said, I am not equating any of the LGBTQ crowd with being peds, I simply mention that there are what appears to be a number of these cases, as shown in a simple google search.

Try google searching for people who do it with animals and you'll find plenty of straight people. So yes you are equating through use of inference.

So I'll say…. "I' am not equating any of the straight and cisgender crowd with being into animals, I simply mention that there are what appears to be a number of these cases, as shown in a simple google search. "

As you can see, the two have nothing to do with each other.

It's like saying, "Google men and rape, I'm not saying men are rapists or equating men with rape or saying all men rape but there have been a number of cases."

Let's imagine for a moment that this is a democracy, a real one, not the fake crap our politicians spout off about. In a democracy, normal is defined by the majority. The civility of society can be defined as the willingness of the majority to help the minority groups function within society. Well, normal is based on an existing heterosexual population of around 90% plus. LGBTQ is less than 5%, so it's a minority as far as sexual orientation goes.

So far the laws have been changed and rightly so, to give LGBTQ persons the same civil and communal rights as married people. So, we now have all the same rights. So at what point is the bitching and moaning going to stop? If you think you're going to change the way we think, you're dreaming.

I don't want to see these ridiculous pride parades, I don't need to hear about it in the news, I don't need my face rubbed in crap because as a society we have been tolerant. Now our good nature's are just being taken advantage of with more and more demands. It's like racial or gender empowerment groups. If we can't all have one for every race, gender and sexual orientation, then nobody should have one. That's called equality.

If I wanted a fishing license and one goverment office wouldn't give it to me because I didn't have beard or they wouldn't give my wife a driver's licence, I'd just go to a different office. There are lots of licencing offices.

It's not my right to infringe on the rights of others and demand they go against their own ethics or morals to accommodate me. I am not that important and neither are you.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

The usa isn't a democracy.
Mob rule is a true democracy.
You want that?.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Only 20 and got more sense, compassion and empathy then many.
Bright future you have jade kudos to you.

♥ for you.

I was just raised to think for myself, politically independent and have sharp critical thinking skills while also caring for others who may be different than me.
edit on 7-9-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The usa isn't a democracy.
Mob rule is a true democracy.
You want that?.

Sadly I sometimes think some people on ATS would love the US to devolve into mob rule with warlords controlling different regions based on various theocratic governments. A super sized Somalia with nuclear weapons. What could go wrong?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime. That does not make their crime acceptable. So you're wrong.

How am I wrong when you just made the exact same case I provided. Being born a certain way does not necessitate it being alright. You just agreed.

I suggest you re-read that post to see the error in your logic.

You said…

False. Either being born a certain way ALWAYS makes it ok, or it does not. The argument I was born this way so it MUST be alright and accepted does not hold water.

I said…

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime. That does not make their crime acceptable if they commit one.

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to have green eyes. That does not make green eyed people unacceptable.

So you're wrong. It's flawed logic. Occam would not be proud.

Don't feel bad, I'm a scientist (in training), logic is what I do.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

You said…

False. Either being born a certain way ALWAYS makes it ok, or it does not. The argument I was born this way so it MUST be alright and accepted does not hold water.

I said…

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime. That does not make their crime acceptable if they commit one.

Some people are born with a pre-disposition to have green eyes. That does not make green eyed people unacceptable.

You edited it after I replied.

The flawed logic is yours. No one said being born a certain way automatically makes it wrong (green eyes). The argument is being born a certain way does not automatically make it right (criminal). My logic is sound, yours needs work my friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

He does. He said so.
But he thinks the mob will be compassionate and look out for minorities out of kindness.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He does. He said so.
But he thinks the mob will be compassionate and look out for minorities out of kindness.

Which is exactly why America has never been a Democracy, and was always a Republic.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

You said…

I said…

You edited it after I replied.

The flawed logic is yours. No one said being born a certain way automatically makes it wrong (green eyes). The argument is being born a certain way does not automatically make it right (criminal). My logic is sound, yours needs work my friend.

Um….

Being born with green eyes, red hair, gay, trans, or whatever by default would not be wrong. A person who has green eyes, red hair, gay, trans or whatever needs to do something wrong to be wrong.

Which is why the comparison to those who are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime is wrong. While such people may have a pre-disposition to commit a crime until they actually did commit a crime they would not be wrong.

Pedophilia is a disgusting criminal act against defenseless children.

A green eyed, red hair, gay, trans or whatever person by default has committed no disgusting criminal act therefore all are OK by default having been born that way.

Ok, thanks for playing. This is rudimentary logic and boring.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

He does. He said so.

I'm trying to think of any mob in human history who have done that…..

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Um….

Being born with green eyes, red hair, gay, trans, or whatever by default would not be wrong. A person who has green eyes, red hair, gay, trans or whatever needs to do something wrong to be wrong.

Which is why the comparison to those who are born with a pre-disposition to commit a crime is wrong. While such people may have a pre-disposition to commit a crime until they actually did commit a crime they would not be wrong.

Pedophilia is a disgusting criminal act against defenseless children.

A green eyed, red hair, gay, trans or whatever person by default has committed no disgusting criminal act therefore all are OK by default having been born that way.

Ok, thanks for playing. This is rudimentary logic and boring.

The problem is you lack both logic and basic English comprehension.

False. Either being born a certain way ALWAYS makes it ok, or it does not.

You appear to be interpreting that statement to mean being born a certain way is either always ok or never ok. Basic English should tell you it does not mean that.

Basic logic. If the reason LGBT is acceptable is "because I was born this way" then a Pedophile can use that same reason. That means "because I was born this way" is not an acceptable reason for something to be ok. Someone who claims to be logical should pick this up in mere moments, I don't know how you are still baffled, it's a very simple concept.
edit on 7-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Basic logic. If the reason LGBT is acceptable is "because I was born this way" then a Pedophile can use that same reason. That means "because I was born this way" is not an acceptable reason for something to be ok. Someone who claims to be logical should pick this up in mere moments, I don't know how you are still baffled, it's a very simple concept.

Pedophile has a victim -- basic logic

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Now you are arguing "there is no victim" which is a completely separate argument than "born this way". It's mind boggling how difficult simple concepts are for people to understand.

"Born this way" is an argument that does not hold water, it's so basic.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Now you are arguing "there is no victim" which is a completely separate argument than "born this way". It's mind boggling how difficult simple concepts are for people to understand.

"Born this way" is an argument that does not hold water, it's so basic.

What are you talking about?

I think its very possible Pedophile is its own orientation and Yes - - born that way. Some scientists have said that too.

The difference is their orientation has a victim. A child can not give consent.

It amounts to rape.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I made my point very clear. What are you talking about is the question, do you even know what it is you are arguing?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

I made my point very clear. What are you talking about is the question, do you even know what it is you are arguing?

Why don't you respond to my post.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Because it has nothing to do with the discussion that I can see, which is why I question whether you know what the discussion is you decided to jump into.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Because it has nothing to do with the discussion that I can see, which is why I question whether you know what the discussion is you decided to jump into.

Enlighten me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join