It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excuse me for a minute....I'll post this anywhere I have to.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Mods can go ahead and delete this if need be.

It's not news, current, historic, mysterious, political, religious, conspiratorial, scientific, earth shattering in any way, shape or form.

I REALLY want a cigarette right now and after 2 + weeks it's pissing me off. I thought it would get easier this far in but that is pure BS. There are minutes when I forget, but in those the other moments when the craving comes roaring back in, I feel as tho I'm losing control. Damn cigarettes.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to smoke nor am I even asking for support, accolades, stars or flags. Thank you but don't bother. I'm winning with my own formula and that's good enough for me. In fact, let the thread disappear into nothingness.

I'm simply writing this as an exercise to deflect.

It's kind of cathartic actually. I have no idea who, or even if anyone is listening and yet it doesn't matter as long as I believe someone is.

I hate smoking. I have even hated myself for being so weak and not being able/willing? to cut the ties. Some know that my wife and I quit the same minute of the same morning over 2 weeks ago. We are still doing it, never going back.

I posted a thread a few days back showing this:

A visual instead of a concept, or even a wish of what it means to us with the single act of stepping away and gaining personal control once again.

Anyways, this may be rambling but I had to start writing or go looking for a cigarette. I chose to write. I may do it again, I don't know. But if it works into my not-smoking formula and actually works for me, so be it.

I'll post this anywhere I have to until the craving is gone.

Ok, it's gone.

... Carry on.

Jude

edit on 9 6 2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
You can always trade in your silver coins (for a big loss) and buy a bag of tobacco and some tubes and a cigarette injector and still save way more than to claimed you wasted smoking on your other thread?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
if you are trying to quit, its a process, not an event.

if you are determined to quit and crave one, its healthier to have one then to deny yourself one.

having one can be viewed as a negative reinforcement or a positive. it depends where you are in your attitude toward quiting.

- dont buy, bum one. from someone, but who smokes a different brand than you preferably.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Stay strong, keep on writing.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well firstly, quitters never win.
you just need to stop thinking about it. the best way i know to stop thinking about something is to count to 100 in another language.

link   
Good for you!

As a heavy smoker, I'm happy to hear you're trying to quit! It's a bad habit we got, and my blood pressure will attest to that!

As for the cravings: for most people they never go away. They just lesson (IE don't drive you up the wall as much).

I've known people who smoked like a chimney for years and set them down one day, never even bothered them quitting.

I, unfortunately am not one of them.

link   
a reply to: jude11

Don't give in and be pissed at yourself, FIGHT!

I do it daily and trust me, fighting is so much easier on your conscious than feeling guilty!

Sending you my strength!!!!!

*Not really. I am weak too when it comes to substances*

But this ain't about me, fight it brother! Turn to your wife, I have a feeling she will beotch slap you back to reality or at least use her womanly tactics to take your mind off of it? : )

edit on 6-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2015 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Jude, even writing this is kind of focusing on the habit. Take a walk brother! Exercise helps mitigate cravings and it will allow your mind to focus on something that isn't connected to the habit.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
You can always trade in your silver coins (for a big loss) and buy a bag of tobacco and some tubes and a cigarette injector and still save way more than to claimed you wasted smoking on your other thread?

Thanks,

Careful calculations, numbers, bank accounts and cash on hand lead me to the exact numbers of my saving. So I have no idea as to what you are talking about.

If you are being antagonistic, I'm on my last !@#$ nerve so we either get each other right now or go our separate ways.

If I am completely misreading this, oops.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Jude, even writing this is kind of focusing on the habit. Take a walk brother! Exercise helps mitigate cravings and it will allow your mind to focus on something that isn't connected to the habit.

Yeah,

I wrote this to give my fingers something to do and I'm afraid I've been rude to a member already.

I guess it's just me and my formula to quit which is ok so far. I'll probably be rude to a few but I hope people get it and forgive for a minute or so.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
well firstly, quitters never win.
you just need to stop thinking about it. the best way i know to stop thinking about something is to count to 100 in another language.

um...un, deux, trois...DAMN!

Gotta smoke?

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Every addiction and addict is different so I don't know if this translates into smoking or not. But I'll share it in case it helps.

For me, with food, one of the things I always, always say is, "It doesn't ever really get easier." It "getting easier" is sort of a myth. Some days it's easier. Some days it's not. It's been two years now since I've eaten purely to satiate cravings (because if I do, I know from experience I won't be able to stop.) And while cravings do become more rare... overcoming them never gets any easier.

Other things people say that never prove true for me:

"You'll have more energy and feel great!" True to an extent. I'm better conditioned and can therefore do more. That COULD be called 'having more energy.' And the endorphin high that comes from working out could be called 'feeling great.' But the problem is, the rest of the time I'm cold - no one ever tells you if you drop over 100 lbs you'll be FREEZING to death in the sun btw - and I use up most of my 'energy' in my actual workouts. So I never feel 'full of energy' and vital. Just healthier yet tired all the time lol.

"The first step is the hardest." Not really. When you're all motivated and committed and it's new and you're ready to go ("Let's do this!") that's actually an easy step imho. It's when you're depressed, stressed, without an outlet or another focus for your nervous energy, and alone that the hardest steps come. Then if cravings hit too? Watch out. Those are the nearly impossible days. But I stick to my guns and don't cave. Even when it makes my depression worse at times, as I know, I just know, the thing that kills me also makes me feel oh so good in the heat of the moment. But I refuse to do it. That refusal? THAT'S the hardest step imho.

"Your body will thank you." Really? Because since eating right and losing weight, while it's fantastic I can do more and I'm thankful... the detoxing sort of caused long dormant kidney stones to pass, which was the most excruciating experience of my life. The workouts, while I'm slowly becoming more conditioned, are exhausting and arduous due to my asthma. I sleep way, way more due to the toll my other chronic health issues take on me in addition to using my reserves to work out. Etc. Do I feel better? Yes and no. Is it still worth it? Yes. Does my body thank me? Not really. It's more of an, "Siiiigh okay okay we'll do this... FINE! I guess we have to don't we? Sigh" than a, "Thanks! I feel so much better now!" lol.

Is it all worth it though? Absolutely. And I have to imagine the rewards of not smoking - living longer, saving money, higher lung capacity, better conditioning so when you do get sick you can rebound quicker - are probably similar for you as well.

The key is not waiting for it to get easier. The key is being determined and saying, "Dammit... I WILL do this." Think of it as a game. The object of your cravings is trying to defeat you. Get angry at it. Don't let it win. That's the only thing that works for me.

Your mileage may vary.

Hang in there. I believe in you.

Peace.
edit on 9/6/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/6/2015 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Get sun flower seeds, every time you get the craving, pop some in and get to work.

Keeps your mind busy and gives you something to do with your mouth, giggidy.

Helped me a lot.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

This is a rant. Good luck. Also, there are some other ways to exercise your fingers. Just saying.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I smoked 2+ packs a day for 18 years, switched to a vape and haven't had a smoke in over 2 years now.

It will definitely help.

I'm in the Marine Corps and the past 2 years I've maxed out our annual physical and combat fitness tests and beat my marathon times.

Vapes are a great way to get off of cigarettes without killing people.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Vapes are a good idea too.

Gratz on those 300 scores, if that is still the scale they use.

The Corps is what got me smoking, those extra breaks are worth long term effects!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

hey man I here your battle and can only offer you this

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I'm guessing you moment has passed now but as a smoker I have to say you pile of silver in the other thread inspired me to stop smoking forever!

The only reason I have not stopped yet is I have not had the time to figure out what I could afford after just one month of not smoking, I am thinking about a new power tool( I love my power tools).

I am taking inspiration from you and yours conviction and will be printing out a pic of my new tool(A rather tasty nailgun if you must know) to carry around with me in case I feel the need to weaken.

Be strong, take a walk or just sit grinning with your silver in you hand.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You're doing better than me Jude.

3 days is the best I've done. I've tried 2 twice in the last 6 months to no avail.

I'm not sure if I even have it in me to ever quit, but I'll keep trying I suppose.

Keep it up man, whatever you need to do, do it.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

I'm guessing you moment has passed now but as a smoker I have to say you pile of silver in the other thread inspired me to stop smoking forever!

The only reason I have not stopped yet is I have not had the time to figure out what I could afford after just one month of not smoking, I am thinking about a new power tool( I love my power tools).

I am taking inspiration from you and yours conviction and will be printing out a pic of my new tool(A rather tasty nailgun if you must know) to carry around with me in case I feel the need to weaken.

Be strong, take a walk or just sit grinning with your silver in you hand.

It came to this:

I like to buy silver.

About $14 per oz US. About $19.40 CDN per oz

About $14 CDN per day for 1 pk cigs. 2 packs of cigs per day. (Me and Mrs Jude)

$28 -$30 CDN dollars per day

For a Grand Total of = 2 oz per day US or 1.5 oz CDN

All about the math to me.

It's not easy but it's working.

Jude

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join