It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza water shortage catastrophic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

More than 90 percent of the Gaza Strip’s water is undrinkable. The rest is quickly running out. A combination of factors is rapidly depriving the population of this most basic of needs. RT investigated day-to-day life under these conditions

Before I get to posting , I was always under the impression that RT held a sort of Bias towards Palestinians. I would interpret any Articles coming from RT about Palestine and the conflicts as leading more pro Israel. So when reading the following I was a bit Shocked that RT was reporting on this without bias .

Just one fresh water source exists today, according to the locals – a coastal aquifer beneath the ground that is shared with Israel and Egypt. But Gaza is situated downstream from Israel, and Palestinians accuse the Jewish state of using the situation to its advantage, employing water deprivation as a tactic against the civilian population.The grim water statistics are part of a recent UN report on Gaza, which says the strip will become uninhabitable by 2020. A number of reasons compound the problems, according to the document by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).

SMH... how do you get a mass population to disperse ? cut off food and water supply , this is the same tactic the Feds used on the Native Americans during the Pine Ridge shootout .

he Gaza Strip’s GDP dropped 15 percent in 2014, with 72 percent of households suffering extremely low food security and unemployment at a record high of 44 percent. Further stress was added by relentless IDF assaults. With three military operations in the last six years, coupled with eight years of economic blockade, prospects for recovery are looking very bleak.

The UN says that 500,000 people have been displaced in Gaza as a result of last year's IDF operation alone. More than 20,000 Palestinian homes were destroyed, and 148 schools and 15 hospitals and 45 primary health-care centers were severely damaged. Gaza is one of the most densely populated areas in the world.

But worse still is when the populace is deprived of the prime source of life – water. Without it, no reconstruction and no rebuilding of lives can take place. Medicine, sanitation, hygiene and crucial facilities that depend on water all suffer.

LINK

Here is BIG middle finger to the Israeli Zionist Government !

I wonder why no other MSM outlets are talking about this . This is a slow genocide that is going on .

Selfish , Pigs !

Kap

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Going to get worse before it gets better, I think many parts of the planet will start to see more and more shortages of minerals be it through man-made causes or natural, it call comes down to greed at the end of the day, humans can't share.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeeAndrewCox
Going to get worse before it gets better, I think many parts of the planet will start to see more and more shortages of minerals be it through man-made causes or natural, it call comes down to greed at the end of the day, humans can't share.

I hear you , I just think in this case it comes down to greed because Israel Wantith so Israel Takeith .

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

I see that it says

"accusing Israeli gov of cutting off water"

But I see no proof of this.........

Before we start accusing people of being "Zionist pigs" why dont we get some facts first........

Can you provide proof that Israel is doing this? Or is it just drought?

Because Last I remember Israel was actually BRINGING water to this area.......
edit on 9/6/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
what else is new.
edit on 6-9-2015 by bob2190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Blow up Gaza's only power-plant but help them out with the water shortage? That doesn't sound right.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

did you know that the Israelis are from kharzaria and most of them are converts

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
According the the UN, Gaza may be completely uninhabitable by 2020. Israeli wars and a decades long blockade are main contributing factor.

Source

The Gaza Strip could become “uninhabitable” within five years, a United Nations report released Tuesday warns, as a result of Israeli military operations and a nearly decade-long blockade that have crippled its economy and infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

the united states citizens are paying for these settlements to be built in gaza and they do not not know about it. thats why it will be uninhabitable

link to video here if dosent work
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeeAndrewCox

It isn't that they wont share, they can't. Las Vegas is due to run out of its sources of water in five years. City council wants to go west with a pipeline and take another cities reserves (this means war). Lake Mead; fed by the Colorado River is at its lowest ever; a drop of 120 feet. 20 more and Hoover Dams turbine intakes that provide power to millions will be above the water line; perhaps engineers will quick fix this but that lake has been dropping each year dramatically; (why the rush). If anyone has new information please post.
edit on 6-9-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: bob2190

Did you know that is proven false? There is an entire thread about it where the facts are posted.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
would any "evil" group cut off a natural water supply, food supply, basic daily necessities, fuel, currency, protection, education, and all the other needs people have, just to get people to move somewhere else, yes some people have done that in the past when 'murder' hasnt worked or wasnt possible

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777

Blow up Gaza's only power-plant but help them out with the water shortage? That doesn't sound right.

They do it for the PR value. This way they can cry we are the victims but we will help them because it's the right thing to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

I see that it says "accusing Israeli gov of cutting off water" But I see no proof of this.........

Here's proof.
Report: Palestinians denied water

Israel has "entirely appropriated the Palestinians' share of the Jordan river" and uses 80% of a key shared aquifer

West Bank Palestinians are not allowed to drill wells without Israeli permits, which are "often impossible" to obtain

Rainwater harvesting cisterns are "often destroyed by the Israeli army"

Israeli soldiers confiscated a water tanker from villagers who were trying to remain in land Israel had declared a "closed military area"
An unnamed Israeli soldier says rooftop Palestinian household water tanks are "good for target practice"

Much of the land cut off by the West Bank barrier is land with good access to a major aquifer

Israeli military operations have damaged Palestinian water infrastructure, including $6m worth during the Cast Lead operation in Gaza last winter

The Israeli-Egyptian blockade of Gaza has "exacerbated what was already a dire situation" by denying many building materials needed for water and sewage projects.

Israel cutting off water to Gaza is common knowledge.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Did you know that is proven false? There is an entire thread about it where the facts are posted.

Can you post a link please?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sounds like a good plan to clean out the nest of vipers, but I doubt it's true. Gaza is dependent on Israel while at the same time waging war against Israel. Weird, huh?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Can you post a link please?

Why? You were in several if not all of these threads spewing your hate.

Here is one. This is a study supporting the Jews as Khazars, but being forced to admit they are of middle east origin.

descended from Judean tribes who joined the Khazars, an amalgam of Turkic clans that settled the Caucasus in the early centuries CE and converted to Judaism in the 8th century.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another thread.

Here is the proof.
digitalcommons.wayne.edu...

Here is proof Ashkenazi have a paternal lineage that is identical with other Jews.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And proof that they have a partial Maternal Middle East lineage. 40% or more women were of Mid East descent.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Here is another where they are traced back to the Middle East, by a researcher who is against them tracing their roots back to the Levant, but is forced to admit the DNA evidence is there, so he simply claims it was Iran POSSIBLY (with no evidence) rather than Judea. Still the middle east, and why Jews would trace back to Iran is simply foolish.

Elhaik did find a Middle Eastern genetic marker in DNA from Jews, but, he says, it could be from Iran, not ancient Judea.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This thread is not about who's a Jew and who's not a Jew .

It's about Water shortage in Gaza due to the wars .

It's also about the Zionist biggy wiggly Israeli Gov. controlling the water flow into Gaza and using it as a tool for control and what ever reasoning they have behind the agenda .

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Why are you messaging me about that? bob2190 started it and then when I simply corrected him Buster kept it going. Perhaps you should talk to them not me?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

it won't end well for anyone, we can all easily predict what will happen in the future

join