It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damyns Hall airshow photos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
A few photos I took at Damyns Hall aerodrome in Essex at their annual Military and flying machines show on 9th August.This location is just one of those classic English all grass airfields with one active runway about 600 metres long,what an idyllic and perfect way to spend a sunday (and my birthday!).

The beautiful Luscombe Silvaire......

It's nice to see something of this age (this particular Tiger Moth was made in 1943) still as fully aerobatic as it was all those years ago....

What's one of these (and don't look it up,just for fun!)?

The amazing Fiesler Storch.I've seen these in museums enough times,but this is the first time I've ever seen one flying.A take off run that's about 5 times it's own length and a landing run no more than about twice it's own length.......

This is the closest I've ever seen a fixed wing aircraft doing what only rotary wing can do.In this photo it was hanging there almost motionless,crawling forward at not much more than walking pace......

It's not really 'wing walking' is it?

The last and only flying B17 in Europe,the famous Sally B/Memphis Belle......

Sally shows us how they made chemtrails in WW2 (lOL LOL LOL LOL...)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sweet pictures.

I get to go to the pre show at HAFB when they have it. Awsome stuff.

Also went flying on a 1929 biplane this summer up and down the Oregon coastline. Everyone really should try that sometime.

But I love planes, so this thread makes me happy.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

WOW...JUST WOW!! Not only are these amazing aircraft, but you are an amazing photographer...well done and thanks for sharing!!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I live 5 miles from the facility/airfield where Paul Allen displays and flies his collection. Most every weekend in the summertime you will see a P51-D Mustang, FW190, Zero, B24 and a whole host of WWII combat craft being flown. Allen has stringent criteria which must be achieved prior to an aircraft being shown to the public, and his team has refurbished these beautiful warbirds to topnotch condition.

I love this era of aircraft, with particular interest in projected 2nd Gen. jet aircraft slated for Luftwaffe post 1944-45. Some of the drawings were years ahead of their time, and many characteristics were evident in 1950's combat airframes. Thanks for the great pics, especially the Storch--Hannah Reich's ride.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thanks for the kind words from the three people above,but once more just for fun,can anyone identify this please?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It's a Max Holste MH.1521 Broussard.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Nice catch.

I was certain it was RAF, but I stand corrected.

new topics

top topics

join