It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney blames the refugee crisis on Obama's failed foreign policy.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 7-9-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   
Duplicate
edit on 7-9-2015 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: muse7

So it's Clinton's fault now? Lol you sure do love to shift the blame around.

Is JFK responsible for Benghazi?

Is FDR responsible for the national debt?

Lol

Well I'm pretty sure the Middle East and the World would have been vastly different had Clinton killed OBL when he had a chance or when Sudan offered him up to us in the 90s. So Yes, Clinton deserves blame as well for the Rise of AQ. Most President's have blame going back to Reagan in Afghanistan.

Making deals with the devil never turns out well. You'd think we should have learned that by now but look at Iran and you can see we haven't.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

And for you Cheny lovers.

Do you honestly think its acceptable that Cheney and Bush have profited so richly off the Iraq war?

You really think it is moral for those scumbags to get richer while you OWN people were dying and getting there limbs blown off?

You honestly think its fair that Bush and Cheney get a champagne life style form the war but those who fought it got death or if lucky PTSD?

I think the war and Bushes and Cheney bank accounts inseparable.
edit on 7-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well, given Saddam's rule was with an iron fist, he didn't allow extremists to roam freely in his country because they were a direct threat to his power. Many of the ISIS leaders are former Saddam military leaders who were cast out by the west after the fall of the regime so they joined up with extremists to fight against the US military. If Saddam was still in power today ISIS as we know it would not exist.

Besides the fact that he gassed them back in the 1980's, Kurds don't only live in Iraq but Kurds still presently live in Iraq, so yes they would still exist.

Dukakis? I have no idea how to answer that question because I have no idea what his politics were since I was only 8 when Bush took office.

I was 8, so I was more concerned with Transformers at the time but looking back on it now, no I don't support the war or any war. The only war I could get behind was WWII and that's it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I can't post this video enough about Cheney discussing toppling Saddam in the early 90's after the Gulf war. Back then he knew exactly what would happen but when he was VP he ignored his own advice and went forward with invading Iraq giving the Middle East exactly what it has become presently.

If Only Dick Cheney Had Listened To This Iraq War Critic...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I dont think Cheney really cared what the critics say or what the outcome really was.

He made his money and to him that's what counts.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Instead of working on new ideas for the better we work on better ways of making sure
the people who we don't agree with get more hatred.

We throw our voice around like it is some authority , we bash each other left and right
trying to get the other person to either stop talking or try to ram our ideas down the others throat

We can't change history.

We can make our future better but we have to stop the blame game.
We have to stop.

The next few generations depend on us to teach them how to be human. How to take care of our world, how to take care of others. All we are teaching them now is war is ok, that hurting others is ok as long as it makes us profit.

Don't you want the next few generations to look up to you now?

You CAN change what is going on and make a difference.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I disagree re the Kurds. His track record was clear.

I also disagree he'd just sit back and take no action, also not his style.

I get your not supporting any war. That, also, is clear.

Therefore there's no debating this with you. You have your views of it and I, mine.

But seeing you mentioned WWII, I will say the U.S. should have entered the fray when the Empire did.Almost two years earlier, likely there is no invasion of Russia, no holocaust....

An earlier entry could have saved millions. I hold similar views on Iraq. While Bush senior honored his word by not taking Saddam out in the first gulf war, it remains if he had....how many would have been saved?....No Gulf war two, at the least.....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EvilBat

I'm sure all the soldiers fought for 'profit'. There is a point when the peace argument falls back on 'it's all for profit'.

Well even WWII had those that profited. Someone 'profits' no matter what the event, good or bad. It isn't ALWAYS the motivation-certainly less than the sheep proclaim- rather as often a by-product.

My view of a better example for the future generations to look up to is treating people with respect....and kick the snot out of them if they mess with you.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Where has Bush or Cheney profited from that war?? Where??

At the time it was OIL. The U.S. was after Iraq's oil. Never happened. Even when the U.S. should have gotten compensation from Iraq, they didn't.

Cheney made his money BEFORE the war, not during, not after. He was stinking rich already from Halliburton. Where did Bush profit?

You label us 'Cheney lovers'. Use your imagination on my rebuttal to you

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You should watch the video, he was the critic.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Where has Bush or Cheney profited from that war?? Where??

At the time it was OIL. The U.S. was after Iraq's oil. Never happened. Even when the U.S. should have gotten compensation from Iraq, they didn't.

Cheney made his money BEFORE the war, not during, not after. He was stinking rich already from Halliburton. Where did Bush profit?

You label us 'Cheney lovers'. Use your imagination on my rebuttal to you

cheneys haliburton makes $39.5 billion from iraq

Really you do need to do a simple google search before you open your mouth.

Sure he and his empire were already rich. The war though still vastly expanded that wealth. Just cause one has money already does not make blatent war profiteering any less repugnant.

As for US compensation? WTF? What the #!!!!!! You invaded THEM, if anything the US and UK shouod be giveing THEM compensation!

God the arrogance!

Like me breaking into you house, smashing you stuff up then asking you after to pay me for the effort!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Cheney had already left Halliburton, [snipped]

He had his money before this occurred! Any of you 'owe' any allegiance to ANY previous employer? Any of you?? I sure don't.

Right, so when you endorse the U.S. invading NK and I follow your logic we should also pay them for invading and taking out their looney tune leader?

DAMN rights the Iraqis should compensate the U.S.. Gave them their freedom and they STILL screwed it up by fighting with each other. The morons....

edit on Mon Sep 7 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Ya he 'left' it.

We didn't give them anything, we killed their friends and family and propped up a damn renegade terrorist force.

They don't owe us jack. They didn't want us there in the first place.

Would you want another country to invade us to liberate you from obama?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Because they never should of been there in the first place!

The US public wanted them removed! All US allies like the UK had removed theirs through public pressure.

Last time I checked the President was not a dictator and if the US public wanted them gone and the war ended? Well he is a servant of the people.

The US and UK should not have started the war in the first place.

You are spot on there.
The American People wanted nothing to do with the Iraq War but Dictator Cheney and his Crony Regime in DC was going to do it anyways.

2/3 of Americans think the Iraq War was not worth FIghting

Dictator Cheney says he does not care what the majority of Americans think

edit on 7-9-2015 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Yep, it's a popularity contest....trouble is Bush was re-elected by that 'majority that didn't want the Iraq war'.

My, but the spin is remarkable....

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: enlightenedservant

Stuff happened before "Bush and Cheney" and after Bush and Cheney....

What you guys have done is spin Bush and Cheney into some evil axis when they basically had no alternatives that weren't worse.

What you 'enlightened individuals' don't seem to realize is Cheney had his money made BEFORE this all came about. Not unlike many who won at the Corporate level by parleying their political connections into corporate ones.

Nope, just stick it to Cheney. All for political leverage and all BULL....

LOL Wow, I've finally met a Cheney fan! I honestly never thought this day would come.

Also, what does your post have to do with what I posted? I was talking about the torture that happened at Abu Ghraib & the "enhanced interrogation" techniques that Bush authorized. Both of those happened under the Bush Administration, you know. I didn't even mention Cheney's money.

Though reading you post that Bush & Cheney "basically had no alternatives that weren't worse" is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on ATS. It really makes me wonder if I'm wasting my time responding to you.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Cheney had already left Halliburton, you wanker!

He had his money before this occurred! Any of you 'owe' any allegiance to ANY previous employer? Any of you?? I sure don't.

Right, so when you endorse the U.S. invading NK and I follow your logic we should also pay them for invading and taking out their looney tune leader?

DAMN rights the Iraqis should compensate the U.S.. Gave them their freedom and they STILL screwed it up by fighting with each other. The morons....

There is no point debateing with you, your obviously foolish to buy the fox new BS and regard cheney and bush as American heros rather than the mass murdering, cowardly , war profiteering traiters that they are.

There is no hope for you.

The fact you have resorted to throwing personal insults at me indicates blind support rather than any solid foundation. Ypur about as staunchly partasian as they come and I find that trait contemptible.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Really you do need to do a simple google search before you open your mouth.

Guess some of the 'experts' woulda found this golden nugget.

We looked at a personal financial disclosure form that Cheney signed on Sept. 1, 2000. This is the filing made once someone joins a national presidential ticket. It represents the candidate's holdings and income as of August. In the portion addressing Cheney's compensation from Halliburtion, the file lists the following categories and dollar amounts as of that date:

• Salary/bonus (gross): $4,721, 947 • Deferred salary: $1,042, 441 • Senior executive deferred compensation contributions: $654,804[

www.politifact.com...

Which is a far cry from '39 billion'.

[exnews]It's not clear when Cheney sold his stock options, but it likely was within weeks of his being named to the ticket

Some people sure do need to some research.
edit on 7-9-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join