It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Misrepresentation

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The only thing that is factual, is that you don't currently possess any knowledge about UFO's, nor do you intend to.

It might be a fact to you, but to those who can process reality much better using more than just an Ostrich approach to science which leads only to more ignorance, and at much higher levels, understand that approach isn't conducive to increasing awareness.
I'm sure that isn't your way of thinking however. To you, facts are whatever you feel is correct. Skipping all the necessary homework as well, because you have already decided what suits you best..

Okay, I can live with that.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
To you, facts are whatever you feel is correct.

Perhaps to you, but to myself and to the rest of the logical segment of the population, facts/evidence are testable, repeatable, and falsifiable. Your "facts" are none of those.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Testimony about saucers is evidence.

If you actually believe that to be true, then you have no business whatsoever asking others to validate their scientific credentials.

Testimony has been considered evidence for centuries about lots of things. And it is testable.

Sometimes it tests out a hoax, or an unreliable testimony, but it can be tested, and it also matters who the source is.
Sometimes the source is iron clad, and sometimes isn't worth listening to. One makes that determination using a lot more than just your shoddy ramblings however. Some wouldn't believe testimony to be factual if it came from God himself. I would choose not to be that stupid myself though. Would you? I think I already know what your answer is on that one.

A guy says he saw the sun come up one morning. He meant the earth spun and made it appear to come up. Testable testimony. You can go see the same thing.
Waiting for a UFO to appear so you can join the group of people that already know it as a fact could take awhile, but it is still testable evidence.
Prove me wrong.
edit on 14-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Testimony about saucers is evidence.

If you actually believe that to be true, then you have no business whatsoever asking others to validate their scientific credentials.

Testimony has been considered evidence for centuries about lots of things. And it is testable.

In courtrooms, perhaps. Fortunately, science adheres to more rigorous standards than legal proceedings. Witness testimony is not, has never been, and will never be of any absolute scientific value. The fact you don't understand that is quite telling.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   

It has proven out in the long run for me, with a very low rate of error. That works just fine for me. I don't care if that takes the curl out of your silver pony tail though.
I am empathic as well, and can easily tell when someone is lying. It has never failed me yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I'm not sure who you are trying to fool. Eyewitness testimony is evidence, and always has been.

But just to prove it, here is the Merriam-Webster definition of EVIDENCE:

evidence: 2. one who bears witness

And here is the Oxford dictionary definition of EVIDENCE:

Information given personally, drawn from a document, or in the form of material objects, tending or used to establish facts

Now here's the Free Dictionary definition of EVIDENCE:

a. The means by which an allegation may be proven, such as oral testimony, documents, or physical objects.

So there ya go. You were wrong, and here's the evidence that proves you wrong. Ironic, huh?

You can argue with these dictionaries if you like, but that's an indication there might be a deeper problem. But hey, maybe they will all change the definition of the word for you.

edit on 14-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Don't bother. A true scientist would realize there is reams of evidence for an alien interaction with earth, and begin at that point and start to investigate. (hundreds of thousands of UFO sightings, thousands of reports of abductions, crop circles, animal mutilations throughout the decades and in fact going back to antiquity)

However, someone who is either completely closed-minded (no true scientist) or with some kind of agenda will dismiss a hypothesis before it is ever even investigated.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

hundreds of thousands of UFO sightings,

None of which can prove the presence of extraterrestrials. Even the "High Strangeness, High Reliability" cases may be something infinitely more strange than extraterrestrials.

thousands of reports of abductions,

None of which have ever provided solid material evidence. Something is definitely going on, but it does not appear to be related to intelligent beings from another planet.

crop circles,

Known to be made by human beings using amazingly primitive technology.

animal mutilations throughout the decades and in fact going back to antiquity

Going back to antiquity should be a clue. If these were beings from another planet, why haven't they made their move yet? Your lack of imagination is astonishing. No matter what amazing thing you are presented with, you automatically reduce it to crass materialism: Planet X and aliens are the only two colors in your paint box.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I'm not sure who you are trying to fool. Eyewitness testimony is evidence, and always has been.But just to prove it, here is the Merriam-Webster definition of EVIDENCE:

OK. So what happens when someone else provides testimony that contradicts yours?
edit on 14-9-2015 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

None of which can prove the presence of extraterrestrials. Even the "High Strangeness, High Reliability" cases may be something infinitely more strange than extraterrestrials.

None of which have ever provided solid material evidence. Something is definitely going on, but it does not appear to be related to intelligent beings from another planet.

crop circles,

Going back to antiquity should be a clue. If these were beings from another planet, why haven't they made their move yet? Your lack of imagination is astonishing. No matter what amazing thing you are presented with, you automatically reduce it to crass materialism: Planet X and aliens are the only two colors in your paint box.

You saying there has never been any solid evidence is completely false since many cases have real material evidence which has been lab tested in world class laboratories, some has come back as known terrestrial alloys, and some have been shown to have isotopes in ratios that can't be found in this solar system. Things like that cannot be faked. You have done none of your own research, nor have you considered what is publicly available. Next, you'll be wanting others to do it for you, and then spoon feed it to you with golden tableware, but you would cough and spit it up like a child who hates medicine, which you always do in these topics, so what else is new?

The above example leaves out reams of other lab test results on metal objects, and our esteemed George Knapp was the only US Journalist who went to Russia and brought back samples of iron pellets which had an unnatural molecular alignment and were invisible to RADAR and had other peculiar properties not found anywhere on Earth, and could not even be manufactured on Earth.

These, and many other solid evidence are on display at a museum connected with the Smithsonian, and are labeled as authentic artifacts.
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Because a lot of the why's and the how's an so forth are not yet answered, and remember these questions rely on human values, not the values of an unknown intelligence, so not knowing the why of something doesn't invalidate their presence.

What moves are they supposed to make to get you to make sense of it?

So, rather than consider the mountains of evidence including the thousands of declassified documents which overall point to an extra terrestrial presence, even if not proven, you would rather believe and assume this issue involves something even stranger and far more exotic, other than non human intelligence, or an ET intelligence being the cause?
Interesting conjecture. Although possible, your view seems more like a stretch to put what is uncomfortable to you, as far away from the possibilities of an answer, and ignore military, senators, documents, testimony, etc, etc,.

That's okay, and you might even be right. I'm willing to consider anything as a possibility, seriously. I don't feel your idea relies on sound judgement based on what the world already knows, but that doesn't mean you are wrong.

Fixed link
edit on 14-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: fixie linkie

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

I'm not sure who you are trying to fool. Eyewitness testimony is evidence, and always has been.But just to prove it, here is the Merriam-Webster definition of EVIDENCE:

OK. So what happens when someone else provides testimony that contradicts yours?

It all comes down to a preponderance of evidence in that case. Each side would be evaluated for merit and the weight of each side would determine which testimony has the most strength based on all the background information clashing, or not clashing with what is being told.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

What happens when someone else provides pretty similar testimonty without knowing each other and living thousands of miles away in a time when things like cellphones, personal computers, internet, cable TV, didn't exist yet?

What happens when many witnesses relate the same shared event?

What happens when people ignore all the above?

What happens is that after 60-70 years (probably more) of alien interaction with human beings, people still expect that some sort of 'official' announcement (NASA,White House, UN) is made on the subject to take it with the severity it should be taken. Yeah right, hold on tight...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

It all comes down to a preponderance of evidence in that case. Each side would be evaluated for merit and the weight of each side would determine which testimony has the most strength based on all the background information clashing, or not clashing with what is being told.

For instance, a mother crying on camera desperate because she fears that the 'grey aliens' might be starting to also take his son after he drew a pretty convincing sketch of 'the monters that visit me by the nights'... but nevermind, they're a bunch of crazy people, or more likely, compulsive liars. And of course, with a complete lack of creativity.

They just read/listen/see on TV about it and just decide to jump the 'alien-wagon' looking for the 5 minutes of fame, clearly after making up a little act about being reluctant to the idea of talking with the press/investigators about their 'made up' experiences...

I must admit all the above makes perfect (not)sense.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

crop circles,

Pray tell...what kind of "move" by the ET aliens are you talking about?

"Does not appear to be related to intelligent beings from another planet."

I can easily tell that you are wrong on that statement...based not only by my own personal ET Foo Fighter sighting --- but from other available UFO evidence as well.

Cheers,

Erno

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm quite certain they aren't basing all their data on who drives the ufos. If you were to view the harvard study on ufos you would find the haunting similarities in every case that they deemed to be credible. They all lost two hours of time, They all had a close encounter of the 4th kind. They all described the same images and things said to them. I would assume the government knows more than the harvard study but basicaly through many avenues of research the conclusion was the reptiles have the strongest powers.

The reptiles walking earth are hybrids and do not posess even close to the power of it's full bread parent. A full reptile alien (which could be only one because stories have never shown more than one) can control your thoughts telepathically and control your movements through your own brain using some kind of energy, they feed off inducing fear to get their way with people, often go after children, and genuinely seek their souls early.

A Reptile has been known to haunt childrens dreams at night. Often confused with the chupachabra, asmodeus, and the devil himself. Often he will cause so much fear you will beg for help in which he will disguise himself again as the help only to trick you for your soul.

David M. Jacobs, Ph.D. is Associate Professor of History at Temple University specializing in twentieth century American history and culture. Dr. Jacobs began researching the controversy over unidentified flying objects in America in the mid 1960's, and has amassed over 35 years of primary research data and analytical hypotheses on the subject. Since 1973 Dr. Jacobs has continued to devote most of his professional and personal energies to researching the UFO phenomenon in general, and the abduction phenomenon in particular. Having conducted over 750 hypnotic regressions with over 125 abductees, Dr. Jacobs is one of the foremost UFO abduction researchers worldwide. As a result of his extensive primary research, he has developed the first scientific typology of the abduction experience.

Essentially they're doing eugenics
edit on 14-9-2015 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

For instance, a mother crying on camera desperate because she fears that the 'grey aliens' might be starting to also take his son after he drew a pretty convincing sketch of 'the monters that visit me by the nights'... but nevermind, they're a bunch of crazy people, or more likely, compulsive liars. And of course, with a complete lack of creativity.

They just read/listen/see on TV about it and just decide to jump the 'alien-wagon' looking for the 5 minutes of fame, clearly after making up a little act about being reluctant to the idea of talking with the press/investigators about their 'made up' experiences...

I must admit all the above makes perfect (not)sense.

Agreed. And even when that kid never watched a TV before, and was too young to even understand, but could still draw the pictures which had his mother close to a breakdown, would still be ridiculed and labeled away by today's Ostrich society MSM and those afraid of going near the issue because the truth is very disturbing.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I think that's obviously what happens. But what's preventing anyone from coming into a forum and saying anything they want? Is there a precedent being set? I'm sure I could find an expert witness to say everyone is hallucinating
. I might not agree but an expert is an expert. Wouldn't you want to see some type of supporting evidence in this case? That's also testimony.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

What happens when someone else provides pretty similar testimonty without knowing each other and living thousands of miles away in a time when things like cellphones, personal computers, internet, cable TV, didn't exist yet?

What happens is that after 60-70 years (probably more) of alien interaction with human beings, people still expect that some sort of 'official' announcement (NASA,White House, UN) is made on the subject to take it with the severity it should be taken. Yeah right, hold on tight...

Well, what happens when you make assertions and pass them off as fact? What happens when your reply to me has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted?

Absolutely nothing.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Well, what happens when you make assertions and pass them off as fact? What happens when your reply to me has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted?

Absolutely nothing.

Where are the 'assertions'? What I just posted are facts, not 'assertions'. Not my fault you're uninformed on the subject.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join