It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Misrepresentation

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
No such reptilian humanoids exist [except in our folklore] in our universe --- imho --- because reptiles are cold blooded, and would never have a chance to evolve into humanoids.

Yet there is good chance that warm blooded dinosauroid humanoids exist in our universe, because they are warm blooded like many of our former dinosaurs; that had a different warm blooded system from homo sapiens.

I speculate that any advanced civilization would not prefer to send a starship whose entire crew be consisting of robots...because of the chances that a robot might go bonkers.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
They could have a hierarchy to make things run more smoothly. Yes, they are more advanced but yet for things to run more smoothly and efficiently there would have to be some sort organized effort. Without such hierarchy, no one would know their place and that would cause tensions. Who would give who orders and who would follow what? The Reptilians, I heard think of themselves as the superior race, can't imagine them taking orders from just anyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
According to the book I just read the Reptiles are not the bosses

Something they call the Insectalons…insectoids run the show.

Big ugly creatures who can read your mind and where cloaks on board

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Who really cares who is in charge on whatever world, realm, dimension, or plane of reality they come from?
We should be most concerned with the aliens that are coming here, and we are.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
No such reptilian humanoids exist [except in our folklore] in our universe --- imho --- because reptiles are cold blooded, and would never have a chance to evolve into humanoids.

Why not? What prevents cold blood from evolving into a humanoid and why is it the same on other planets different from Earth?

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

originally posted by: Erno86

Why not? What prevents cold blood from evolving into a humanoid and why is it the same on other planets different from Earth?

Because the brains of cold blooded creatures --- at least here on Earth --- "tend to be less complex and use less energy."

The homo sapiens here on Earth tend to be fast energetic bipeds, as were the warm blooded dinosaur bipeds of the late Cretaceous.

"A cold blooded animal, or ectotherm, is one that does not have an internal mechanism for regulating its body temperature. Instead, a cold blooded animal relies on solar energy captured by the environment."
edit on 9-9-2015 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
IMHO - All those people who claim the existence of ET Reptilian humanoids in our universe, are just flat out wrong!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

to me those statues could be a representation of bodily possession of demons. funny how different things can look to different people.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Which is impossible for numerous reasons. First, insects have exoskeletons, which would not scale up to human size successfully. Secondly, insects don't have lungs, their tissues absorb oxygen directly from the air through diffusion. This means that the tissues must not be too thick or it will be starved of oxygen. Insects also have a less complex nervous system than other types of animal. They use random behavior to solve problems. This can be very effective for "social" insects like ants and bees because a sort of collective intelligence emerges. This is not the sort of intelligence that can design a starship, however.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Which is impossible for numerous reasons. First, insects have exoskeletons, which would not scale up to human size successfully. Secondly, insects don't have lungs, their tissues absorb oxygen directly from the air through diffusion. This means that the tissues must not be too thick or it will be starved of oxygen. Insects also have a less complex nervous system than other types of animal...
...This is not the sort of intelligence that can design a starship, however.

I love it when people who are completely unaware that aliens are even here, are the same ones who claim to know exactly what an alien would be like.
edit on 11-9-2015 by Scdfa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Which is impossible for numerous reasons. First, insects have exoskeletons, which would not scale up to human size successfully. Secondly, insects don't have lungs, their tissues absorb oxygen directly from the air through diffusion. This means that the tissues must not be too thick or it will be starved of oxygen. Insects also have a less complex nervous system than other types of animal. They use random behavior to solve problems. This can be very effective for "social" insects like ants and bees because a sort of collective intelligence emerges. This is not the sort of intelligence that can design a starship, however.

That might pan out evolving on earth, but has nothing at all in common with how an insectoid humanoid type of creature would evolve in a totally alien to earth environment, it's development would depend on environmental factors and possibly even how the creator designed them, but regardless, that is how it would go.

Oh, and what Scdfa said too!

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

I love it when people who are completely unaware that aliens are even here, are the same ones who claim to know exactly what an alien would be like.

I'm not the one claiming I know what aliens would be like, you are. I am merely pointing out that giant insects are not biologically possibly.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

That might pan out evolving on earth, but has nothing at all in common with how an insectoid humanoid type of creature would evolve in a totally alien to earth environment, it's development would depend on environmental factors and possibly even how the creator designed them, but regardless, that is how it would go.

Physical traits evolve under environmental pressure. Insects are the way they are because they occupy specific environmental niches. It is difficult to imagine an environment that would favor insect-like characteristics (exoskeletons, cold blooded, no lungs) and a large brain. Insect biology just could not support the energy requirements of a large brain.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   

It is difficult to imagine an environment that would favor insect-like characteristics (exoskeletons, cold blooded, no lungs) and a large brain.

For you, you mean. We see that.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

For you, you mean. We see that.

Help me out then. Please describe, in specific detail, what kind of environment would favor the development of giant intelligent insects? What sort of gravity does the planet have? What is the atmosphere composed of? Where do these atmospheric gases come from? What sort of biological processes support the formation of this atmosphere? What sort of ecology does the planet have that insect-like beings would develop large brains? How are these brains sustained if the creatures have an insect-like biology? Use your imagination... I'll tell you whether or not your imagination jibes with reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Physical traits evolve under environmental pressure. Insects are the way they are because they occupy specific environmental niches. It is difficult to imagine an environment that would favor insect-like characteristics (exoskeletons, cold blooded, no lungs) and a large brain. Insect biology just could not support the energy requirements of a large brain.

Insect biology ON EARTH could not support your criteria, you mean. You simply cannot know how that would work somewhere else, a somewhere else that isn't dependent on your ideas or how you evaluate the requirements and limitations for anything to evolve or thrive upon, gravity, different sun, different biology where energy requirements could be met because the biology is totally different and nature just happens to provide a unique system with different mechanisms, and is not dependent on earthly limitations, so to even make the suggestion that it can't happen somewhere else in this vast, vast universe is eons past preposterous, and even comedy fodder.

Either that, or you must be smarter than God himself.. I have seen a few arrogant scientists making God like claims on the old boob tube of what can be and what can't be, but your declarations about how it is going to work , or not work, in some other system eons distant from our life conditions simply has no foundation in rationality.. Sorry bro

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

nsect biology ON EARTH could not support your criteria, you mean. You simply cannot know how that would work somewhere else, a somewhere else that isn't dependent on your ideas or how you evaluate the requirements and limitations for anything to evolve or thrive upon, gravity, different sun, different biology where energy requirements could be met because the biology is totally different and nature just happens to provide a unique system with different mechanisms, and is not dependent on earthly limitations, so to even make the suggestion that it can't happen somewhere else in this vast, vast universe is eons past preposterous, and even comedy fodder.

Biology is based on chemistry, and chemistry is based on physics, and physics is universal. The same physical laws apply everywhere in the observable Universe, therefore the laws of physics make chemistry universal, and chemistry dictates the laws of biology everywhere.

Either that, or you must be smarter than God himself.. I have seen a few arrogant scientists making God like claims on the old boob tube of what can be and what can't be, but your declarations about how it is going to work , or not work, in some other system eons distant from our life conditions simply has no foundation in rationality.. Sorry bro

Got it: you want to believe in God and all his Angels but you think Aliens are cooler. I would have more respect for you if you professed a credo with a lineage of spiritual works than a pseudo-scientific dogma that is little more than ill informed imaginings. It is you who are arrogant in believing that your make believe aliens exist anywhere but the mind. If you had any true insight, you would realize that the mind is precisely where they dwell, and you would not consider that fact to diminish their reality and power in any way.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

If you go back far enough in the history of alien encounters you find a time when things were far less uniform as far as the descriptions of the aliens, their intentions, technology and social structure.

Many of the earliest accounts of alien encounters come in non-physical form through channeling. Aliens from other worlds were originally almost exclusively in the domain of theosophy and neo-Occultism (the precursor to the modern day New Age movement). Along with ancient spirits from Atlantis and Lemuria channelers would claim to be in contact with aliens from other worlds and describe their societies, intentions and being. Later on this became a fairly big part of pulp fiction sci-fi publications such as Weird Tales.

While I don't know for sure I would speculate that actual physical face to face encounters with alien beings didn't come into the mainstream until after Jules Vernes From the Earth to the Moon and similar stories began to popularize the idea that humans could visit the planets. There are some early UFO accounts that talk of Airships rather than flying saucers and the physical descriptions of the alien beings vary wildly as well.

But then the Grays came into the popular consciousness, as did the Reptilians, and as for the idea of a worker drone or hive mindset for aliens look no farther than James Cameron's ALIENS and other science fiction films as a source for that idea and of course later on it was popularized by X-Files.

So not only is the idea of how the social structure of aliens based on the actual accounts of brief encounters but it's then influenced by the science fiction world which is in turn influenced by the next cycle of accounts which in turns fuels the fictional versions. And at the end all we have to go on are flawed human eye-witness accounts, anecdotal evidence at best, for any and all of this.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   

I already know relativity with all the sciences works anywhere in the universe, but there are factors in different solar systems that would allow different combinations of chemistry, compounds, variations in organic chemistry, variations in DNA for life forms unknown, and DNA and genetics is the thing you have left out in this argument, you have not accounted for that at all.

I was using the idea of God as an endpoint for the highest knowledge there is, and then offering the argument that you act so much smarter than what the endpoint would be. Not as a religious offering, for that would be the same as offering a pig some gold bars for dinner.
But back to this laughable discussion where I mentioned arrogance, yours is so vast you forgot the most important thing of all.

Genetics, DNA and alien biology would be quite a bit different than anything around these here parts on ole earth.. So there could easily be a humanoid insect creature with any combination of genetic features which would have nothing in common here. It could even just look like an insect and have physiology with lungs, bones, muscles, iron based hemoglobin, or whatever. Or maybe they need to check with you first to see if it is allowed.
It could glow in the dark and shoot 100,000 volt bolts out it's ass, it could be anything the genetic code gives to it. A large head for a big brain is not going to be impossible somewhere else because you didn't study harder.
edit on 11-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I already know relativity with all the sciences works anywhere in the universe, but there are factors in different solar systems that would allow different combinations of chemistry, compounds, variations in organic chemistry, variations in DNA for life forms unknown, and DNA and genetics is the thing you have left out in this argument, you have not accounted for that at all.

What do you mean? DNA is chemistry, so I have accounted for it. Now, could you provide an example of a "factor" in another solar system that would allow evolution to violate physical law?

I was using the idea of God as an endpoint for the highest knowledge there is, and then offering the argument that you act so much smarter than what the endpoint would be. Not as a religious offering, for that would be the same as offering a pig some gold bars for dinner.
But back to this laughable discussion where I mentioned arrogance, yours is so vast you forgot the most important thing of all.

I know you are but what am I! (Yes, that is your level of discourse.)

Genetics, DNA and alien biology would be quite a bit different than anything around these here parts on ole earth.. So there could easily be a humanoid insect creature with any combination of genetic features which would have nothing in common here. It could even just look like an insect and have physiology with lungs, bones, muscles, iron based hemoglobin, or whatever. Or maybe they need to check with you first to see if it is allowed.

In other words, when you say "insect," you mean mammal. Got it.

It could glow in the dark and shoot 100,000 volt bolts out it's ass, it could be anything the genetic code gives to it. A large head for a big brain is not going to be impossible somewhere else because you didn't study harder.

No it couldn't, because everything is limited by physical law. It has nothing to do with how hard anyone studied. The irony here is that you're the one who thinks you're open minded, when, in fact, you refuse to listen to reason or think for yourself.
edit on 12-9-2015 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join