It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Old Man Was Struggling To Reach His Goal, So The Community Stepped In

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

A 75-year-old man named Richard has been attempting to put a new roof on his house for three straight months. Because of his weak knees and calloused hands, he hasn’t made much progress. But he continues to work by himself, because he doesn’t want to trouble anyone with his problems.

That’s when one of his neighbors decided to bring the community together to help him out.

story

Real decent of his neighborhood to help this guy out, i love seeing this when it happens, a community getting together to help out one of its own

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: HomerinNC

A 75-year-old man named Richard has been attempting to put a new roof on his house for three straight months. Because of his weak knees and calloused hands, he hasn’t made much progress. But he continues to work by himself, because he doesn’t want to trouble anyone with his problems.

That’s when one of his neighbors decided to bring the community together to help him out.

story

Real decent of his neighborhood to help this guy out, i love seeing this when it happens, a community getting together to help out one of its own

The days of "barn-raising" and neighbors pitching in to help those around them seem to be gone in this busy hectic world. Good to hear stories like this, it seems helping your neighbor isn't an archaic concept after all.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Brings tears to my eyes. Maybe there is humanity out there after all. Thanks for sharing and making my day a little lighter and brighter.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
These stories that raise hope also piss me off at the same time.

Why should an act of kindness, something that not so long ago was an every day occurrence, a selfless act... be in the news like an oddity?

Shame on us for allowing this type of kindness to become newsworthy.

Jude

edit on 9 6 2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
These stories that raise hope also piss me off at the same time.

Why should an act of kindness, something that not so long ago was an every day occurrence, a selfless act... be in the news like an oddity?

Shame on us for allowing this type of kindness to become newsworthy.

Jude

So true. The shift from previous thinking of concern for others to everything revolving around self makes stories like this the exception rather than the rule. I'm embarrassed to admit I don't know many of my neighbors other than the occasional wave or "hello", and your observation made me take a step back and rethink my isolationism, self-justified by a harried life. Thanks for prodding the thought Jude.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Very Awesome! Sent chills up my spine. Just when you think the world has gone to hell, you get to read a story like this and renew hope in mankind. We have a LOT of very serious challenges facing us both in our own communities, countries, and globally as well. It is going to take a Coming Together, and end this division that tptb seem to be fueling so they can destroy our societies.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
This shouldnt be news...

This should be normal.

new topics

top topics

join