It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men ... We Don't Stand a Chance!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: nonjudgementalist
The funny thing is none of these women know the true face of war... It's ugly.

And there is your first mistake.

Underestimating women.

Jude

Indeed. But not as big a mistake as underestimating war... These women don't even know what they're fighting for.

Paradise lost. Cheers Mike

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

The funny thing is none of these women know the true face of war... It's ugly.

And there is your first mistake.

Underestimating women.

Jude

Indeed. But not as big a mistake as underestimating war... These women don't even know what they're fighting for.

Paradise lost. Cheers Mike

This is the same comment you have made twice now...

4 points...

1. You don't know these women

2. You think you understand these women.

3. You are convinced that these women have no idea of what they are fighting for even tho many come from the very same Countries where War is either ongoing or imminent.

4. I would probably lay dollars against you in a ring against many of these women.

Maybe you should ask them?

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Number 1 & 2 are your baseless assumptions.

3. I counted very few about a dozen or so women in that video from countries where war is ongoing. Thats in a 7 minute video of about 400 female soldiers... Thats less than 5% of the women shown in that video... Of the less than 5% from countries where was is ongoing, I spotted perhaps one two or three, four if I'm being generous, five if I'm being super generous, out those 12 faces who looked like they had actually seen active duty on the front line... Of those who looked like they had seen active duty, I didnt get the impression they had any idea what they had been fighting for...

4. Is irrelevant.

My turn.

1. This video was clearly done for propaganda purposes.
2. It was made to give the impression that women in the army are sexy and glamorous.
3. It is well known women in even the most well developed countries are often treated extremely unfairly and often experience harassment, rape and abuse that senior officers ignore when they file a complaint.
4. War is neither sexy or glamorous and these videos are stupid.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Number 1 & 2 are your baseless assumptions.

3. I counted very few about a dozen or so women in that video from countries where war is ongoing. Thats in a 7 minute video of about 400 female soldiers... Thats less than 5% of the women shown in that video... Of the less than 5% from countries where was is ongoing, I spotted perhaps one two or three, four if I'm being generous, five if I'm being super generous, out those 12 faces who looked like they had actually seen active duty on the front line... Of those who looked like they had seen active duty, I didnt get the impression they had any idea what they had been fighting for...

4. Is irrelevant.

My turn.

1. This video was clearly done for propaganda purposes.
2. It was made to give the impression that women in the army are sexy and glamorous.
3. It is well known women in even the most well developed countries are often treated extremely unfairly and often experience harassment, rape and abuse that senior officers ignore when they file a complaint.
4. War is neither sexy or glamorous and these videos are stupid.

WoW!

I had no idea that I was dealing with the ultimate arm chair warrior! I am not worthy.

Please allow me to try and understand:

1. Women know nothing of what they are fighting for.

2. They underestimate war.

I'll leave YOUR words of wisdom to the Women of War.

Jude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

1. Women know nothing of what they are fighting for. 

2. They underestimate war. 

Wrong again, both times.

1. Not women of war in general. No, I specifically meant these women, in the video.

2. I said underestimating war is a bigger mistake than underestimating women. I then said these women don't know what they're fighting for. The first part was actually directed at YOU...

Impress me with a thread about female Yazidi warriors fighting ISIS on the front lines and i dont just mean glamourous images of them looking good in front of the camera after their first days training. & maybe then we can forget about this conversation and come to some kind of mutual understanding.

BTW i feel exaclty the same way about this kind of propaganda when its just men.
edit on 6-9-2015 by nonjudgementalist because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join