It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propellant Ejection Mass: Who needs it anyway? Swimming Through Space-Time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
www.science20.com...

Einstein's theory on spacetime curvature is now almost a century old. Only since a few years are we aware that his theory allows for spacetime swimming. The fact that this possibility remained unnoticed for such a long period makes us realize that we are still wrestling to understand all the consequences of Einstein's rich theories, and that we better be ready for a few more surprises at the horizon.

news.sciencemag.org...

paper: dspace.mit.edu...

You can pull yourself up by your own bootstraps after all

This thing pushes and pulls on local space-time curvature. Granted its a very very very small effect but it works.

so to all the smart alek snooty science nerd exotic propulsion critics out there: "Pfffffffffffpt!" to you.

edit on 6-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701
Someone did not bother to read the banner.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
Someone did not bother to read the banner.

Everyone always says that space drives are impossible or they violate this that or the other physical laws. But they don't. this works within the rules of relativity. BTW i have no banners because i block adverts, popups and most banners. The only time i get bothered is when I forget about this forum's irritating border and i click in the borders to activate scrolling.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Click on 'new thread' and read what is there before you do anything.
It is in the field box where you type the body of your thread. Pretty sure SO put it there.

Your OP is a little better after adding your edited in sentence

(post by stormbringer1701 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Hi, i once saw something that flew across the night sky doing zig-zags --3 secs,turn,3secs,turn and so on,

this thread made me think about it again, thanks for sharing,

(by the way, if anyone can explain the zig zag motion for me, that would be awesome)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Some people may want to take another looks at Tesla's flying stove in context of this subject.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   

You can always try, but if I read the article correctly, the displacement is only 10 ^ -23 meters ... i.e. around Planc's coefficient. So, don't be in hurry if using this method. If you do these moves decently fast, say few billion times per second, you might have moved a meter or so, before the end of the Universe and subsequently Time itself ...
edit on 7-9-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stormbringer1701Einstein's rich theories??
You ain't going nowhere, im afraid

top topics

join