It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Space Fleet

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

How could that be tested? What kind of meter?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: weemadmental

we can't "see" anything beyond abut 30 fps, so the extra is kind of wasted. Additionally, this is a telescope, not an animation, so in reality anything faster than say 15 fps is unnecessary...

Are you serious?, what sort of nonsense is this ?

video

your eye doesnt see in fps

Wee Mad

No nonsense...just good ole frame rate perceptions, a little data acquisition, and common sense about that data acquisition...you know, knowing how often to actually capture a frame so as to render a smooth video, yet conserve memory and storage space.

No your eye doesn't see in "frames" but, IF I wish to record something the rate at which I produce frames is important...to fast and I'm wasting memory, storage, system resources, and processing time, too slow and the "video" becomes "choppy", and critical data may be lost, or become incomplete...

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: stormbringer1701

Could that disorientation have been somehow produced by the craft or it's propulsion?
There is talk of an EM effect and I am curious.

It's a time rate gradient. At low levels, you get disorientation. At high levels, it's more like "will it blend", with people.

It's also the cause of malfunctioning electronics in the drive's field, and why you see that mirage-like shimmering under the craft.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

That would screw over digital as well then?
THERES your blurry UFO reason if so.
I never have seen a weird thing in my life I feel SO Left out...

edit on 19-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

About that "mirage-like shimmering under the craft": Do you think that could be seen on a B-2? Earlier this year I saw three intertwined contrails to my west, they were above the soon to be setting sun, and heading my direction. I had a good idea what was coming so I grabbed the binoculars (just in case the third aircraft wasn't actually a B-2). When I got the binocs on them I was surprised at how shiny they were. The source of this shine was either below or behind the actual crafts. I just assumed it was the setting sun refracting in the exhaust since it only lasted a couple minutes and I've never seen this phenomenon before....and I see B-2s frequently now.

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Could you intentionally cause that mirage effect for something useful?

posted on Sep, 19 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Sure. Inside the field the values for permeability and permittivity are different. The field's boundaries fluctuate and give you that blurry thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
If this is a plasma generator, that smooths the air around the flight surface, it must be extremely powerful.
Wondering what would be used as a power source for such a thing, if it exists?

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Could that disorientation have been somehow produced by the craft or it's propulsion?
There is talk of an EM effect and I am curious.

That could be. or it could be because i had my nose pointed up in the air like a silly turkey watching it rain?

everything is so vague and squishy about my own sighting that i cannot be sure about anything other than it happened and was extraordinary. it's weird.

I must say ur description and memory of the experience is pretty spot on with mine. I sometimes think the inability of being able to process the experience may have been induced by shock and our minds unable to make sense of what we saw and nothing more.

I saw it in the 80's as well and over grandma's house with several witnesses and we all have the same vague memory of the experience.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Could be as simple as shock and the minds inability to process what it's seeing.

The weird thing is that I recall clearly what we were doing until the moment we saw the craft. My uncle was working on the car in the driveway and I was helping with ights. Then I remember we were staring at the sky and just froze as this black thing moved slowly and silently over us. Then I remember us working on the car again but not ever discussing what we had just seen

Me and my cousin memory are more in sink of it being a craft my uncle thought for a while that it was a huge bird like thing.
I don't recall the size but we all remember like the other poster said that we saw something very weird.

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Subsonic/ultrasonic frequencies and possibly EM emissions to cause discomfort and disorientation? Sound like a good tool to keep eyes that aren't meant to be looking upwards from looking upwards?

Fwiw, From my siting I don't recall any discomfort what so ever.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
nextbigfuture.com...

i don't want the bombs. but this... this is enough antimatter to power a real spaceship on real missions. ICAN and AIMSTAR are engine designs/spacecraft that use a miniscule amount of antimatter to trigger fusion or fission which is then used to power the ship and provide thrust. micrograms or nano grams of antimatter are all it takes to get anywhere to include the edge of the Oort Cloud in very little time.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

If the space fleet can do anything progressive for humanity I would welcome a major change for the better for our society. I will hold my breath until I see something positive they do to help the world.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Could be as simple as shock and the minds inability to process what it's seeing.

The weird thing is that I recall clearly what we were doing until the moment we saw the craft. My uncle was working on the car in the driveway and I was helping with ights. Then I remember we were staring at the sky and just froze as this black thing moved slowly and silently over us. Then I remember us working on the car again but not ever discussing what we had just seen

Me and my cousin memory are more in sink of it being a craft my uncle thought for a while that it was a huge bird like thing.
I don't recall the size but we all remember like the other poster said that we saw something very weird.

Ah yes inter... If your Uncle is Old........he had flashbacks seeing this as a Kid...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

That was exactly what we saw, LOL

Although, our minds can do weird things from scanning our subconscious.So I would be interested to see if he had seen those movies but I highly doubt it. That is not to say he didn't see a clip at sometime in his life pop up in the background.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Even as a kid I thought The Flying Claw was lame.

Kronos was lame, too, but at least they stole good special effects.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tanka418
OMG dude. When I said you could see them going to the moon I meant you could actually look at them and read the label on the side of the space ships that says "USSF serving the moon since 1990" when they launch to the moon from there launch platforms or in there regular scheduled orbits going there. Since they would likely have to be regular orbits and times and everything, yes they would not be that hard to be noticeable by people.

All that you linked is just a fancy way of saying that small stuff is not as easy to pick up as big stuff. I know that and even in that there have been some pictures of video of things on the moon which even made me go hum, most especially when you think about and those space ships or balloons had to be literally the size of some towns to even be picked up on video or telescope.

All I am saying is that it must have been a pretty big Chinese lantern up there.

But anyways. Like I said any moon base would still likely need to be as big as those mile long craters to be of any use. If not then you may as well go near orbit take a picture and go back. I mean now we have finally got down near earth orbit flights, eventually we may even go to the moon.

Or my bad, I meant when we go back to the moon again. But anyways, ya I do believe you would need plantation size of miles and miles literally a city the size of new york in gear and resources and machines and to have any sort of self sustained habitat or colony on the moon for any long periods of time, much less years and years like this space force is supposed to be up there. And yes you would be able to see that easily from earth with telescopes and even that camera.

Making oxygen from moon rock is not that hard. See link.
Link
But even that, things like carbon dioxide you breath out will kill you fast, and to combat that it seems you would literally need to bring a whole forest with you and your colony buddies while up there doing space fleet stuff. And not to mention all the necessities for those trees and plants to survive, and as well as you and human colonists and space fleeters, like water and sunlight and everything else. Even shipping water up there for a few years would bankrupt most countries....So...Ya...Lets stick to near orbit space flight then get on the whole space force and moon base thing sometime in the next few hundred years.

Anyways see links as they better say what I was getting at.
Link
Link
Link

posted on Sep, 26 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
All that you linked is just a fancy way of saying that small stuff is not as easy to pick up as big stuff.

Yeah, science sure is fancy...ROFlMAO!

I know that and even in that there have been some pictures of video of things on the moon which even made me go hum, most especially when you think about and those space ships or balloons had to be literally the size of some towns to even be picked up on video or telescope.

Do you now?!!
You have NEVER seen an object of any practical size, any where near the moon's surface from Earth. We've just gone over the "WAY" of this, yet you seem to persist in thinking that somehow, perhaps by magic, you can...or that, again by magic, there might be craft large enough to see on the moon from Earth. And, while it may someday be possible to build craft that size, that day is not today!

I'm sorry man, but Earth's idea of an off-world habitat is still small and compact, much easier for life support systems to work that way...

Anyway man, why don't you just accept a wee bit of reality, learn a little something, and I'll go back to designing systems that might actually have a remote chance of "seeing" that boogey you are looking for.

edit on 26-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Srry dude. But I am not sure what your talking about. But OK I will try to make sense of this jumble your talking about.

Do you now?!! You have NEVER seen an object of any practical size, any where near the moon's surface from Earth.

Confused much are you? Your saying a practical base on the moon is the size of a rover or house. I am saying a practical base on the moon for any human habitable space force or whatever it is your talking about would be about the size your average city here on earth, just to make it practical and habitable and livable.

We've just gone over the "WAY" of this, yet you seem to persist in thinking that somehow, perhaps by magic, you can...or that, again by magic, there might be craft large enough to see on the moon from Earth.

There are no large craft on the moon, especially none operated by humans...Does that answer your question? And just to say more, there are also no small craft or bases on the moon either...Does that settle things now? I really dont know were you got the other stuff your talking about.

But I have heard tell that sarcasm does not translate well over the written word or online.

I'm sorry man, but Earth's idea of an off-world habitat is still small and compact, much easier for life support systems to work that way...

Define habitat? Define life support? But if your saying a small compact habitat like a pod or even something larger like lets say the size of a house, and life support system is the best course for moon basses. Well then those moon basses would have to be on a rotating schedule of literally months to ship people and goods like water and oxygen from them constantly for any long drawn out support consisting over a period of time longer then weeks or months at most. It will be harder for them then it would for them on the international space station missions and they would have a lot more to contend with.

So yes! If mans idea of and off-world habitat is small and compact. Then chances are that there are zero and no basses or human craft on the moon or in space as it would not be practical in the slightest and definitely for not long run off world habitats, which supposedly are already there.

Well there is a reason why there not sending people to the moon, and NASA and others are not even thinking of it as it would be not very effective and are looking into sending robots or drones instead. And even that gets pushed back each and every year to do more complication arising the more they work on sending drones or robots to the moon or other places, and yet that would still be a whole lot less complications then there would be in sending humans.

OK hope that answers the questions you had or didn't have in what I said. You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.
edit on 1amSundayam272015f0amSun, 27 Sep 2015 01:38:55 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So if we have a space fleet and I think we do, what does that mean for the rest of us who dont have any space technology? They built everything on guess whos tax dollars? How about some civilian space tech? Do something to better our societies. Stop the constant wars on earth and aid mankind. Why do we have ghettos and space technology? There is something wrong on earth called materialism and its killing our progress as a civilization.

Does this mean there is a breakaway civilization out there with no money getting everything for free while we toil away for no good reason? What about all those super earths NASA has been finding is that where the space fleet is stationed? Are there breakaway civilizations from earth on those super earths?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join