It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Space Fleet

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: JadeStar

If its a blimp it must be made of some exotic materials that enable it to travel at high velocity and execute g force crushing turns and stops.

Anyone have video of that actually happening?

No, there are no verifiable videos or other data...only stories.

And I believe there are "black triangles" that are slightly advanced technology and deployed by the government.

There are technologies that we think of as "exotic", but, IF they had only a few years of development and engineering...they would blow everyone's mind!

These technologies shouldn't be thought of as either advanced or exotic, most of these technologies are public domain, just undeveloped in the private sector. You can use the EM drive as a good example...after all the Chinese have developed it to about a quarter pound of thrust per kilowatt (1 newton/kw)...and that is kind of significant.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
There arent any videos or photos of the F-117 companion craft, but it exists. Well, I hear there was one at one point but it was scrubbed from the internet with extreme predjudice very, very quickly.

The point is, as of right now there are no photos of videos of this craft, but the plane exists. The same can be said for many other military technologies that live in the jet black world.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: tanka418

Well, the first electric computer was built for the military:

Yes it was, and had a mean time between failure of whole hours. Turing machines are nothing new, that one was built during a period when the government and military were leaders in innovation, as contrasted to the private sector. But you know what say; 'Necessity is the Mother of invention." So many of these innovations won't happen in either sector until they are needed...the military had a use for high power computing engine, the civilian sector did not.

And lets not forget a big one...the internet itself! We wouldn't even be discussing this if it hadn't been for the military!

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network (ARPANET) was an early packet switching network and the first network to implement the protocol suite TCP/IP. Both technologies became the technical foundation of the Internet. ARPANET was initially funded by the Advanced Research Projects Agency (ARPA) of the United States Department of Defense.[1][2][3][4][5

Ahhh yes good ole ARPANET, was introduced to that in the mid 1970's...it was more a cooperation between the DOD and academia, we did a lot of cool stuff back in that day at Stanford Artificial Intelligence Laboratory ... SAIL...most of it very mundane now. Even the robotics that was being worked on then was superseded in 10 years by General Motors Factory of the Future 1 (fun project)

Today, the military (DOD) sometimes take a back seat to civilian industry when it comes to technology...case in point; microprocessors...those glorious ubiquitous microprocessors given to us by Intel 40 years ago.

edit on 12-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I was talking of spotting ships going from earth to the moon, not spotting ships on the moon, though you probably could with more powerful telescopes and such.

Unless they got everything they need up there then they would need essentials like food, water, oxygen, and those 3 things alone for any number of colony or base would literally require the area and space to mine and process and build on in terms of miles or kilometers, literally the size of those craters on the moon.

Not to mention facilities and yes even factories and all that entails, even the production of oxygen alone and you would likely see clouds of gasses coming out of these basses or production fields from earth with telescopes. So ya if there were basses on the moon for any long sustained period and mass of people not to mention a whole Space fleet and machinery and who knows what else required, then, yes its likely you would see many signs of it all from the earth using telescopes or even that camera with the pretty spiffy zoom options.

edit on 1amMondayam142015f1amMon, 14 Sep 2015 01:03:32 -0500 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I was talking of spotting ships going from earth to the moon, not spotting ships on the moon, though you probably could with more powerful telescopes and such.

So was I!

Did you bother to read about angular resolution? -- en.wikipedia.org...

That 1400 feet (at the lunar surface) I mentioned...is the smallest object your "wonder zoom lens" can resolve...sorry man; hard fact!

Given that any spacecraft they didn't want advertised to the Earth would be configured to make them more difficult to recognize if seen, it would make a great deal of sense that even if seen they would be passed off as "space junk"...and there is plenty of that to "hide" in and mask any ships operating near Earth (same goes for ET)...

Point is that "real" (as differentiated from NASA)would be configured to be harder to "see", a sort of "natural" cloak if you will. And this is rather easily done; simply coat the ship with a decent radar defensive coating (usually a rough carbon impregnated substance...it would scatter light, and be rather non-reflective).

I've modeled spacecraft, in a "space" environment with very good 3D modeling software (Poser Pro 2012)...once the diffusion of an atmosphere is removed...virtually all craft vanish, and leave a "hole" in the background. On the other hand; NASA style "white" spacecraft are very easy to see.

By the way; one of the very best telescopes available would be one of the Keck telescopes. They are 10 meters...and can resolve about 20 meters on the lunar surface.

And, no matter how much we want something to be a "certain way"; math and science will still (always) dictate what we actually get

So...no we aren't likely to see these ships except on accident, and then we won't be able to differentiate what we saw from space junk without multiple sightings and plenty of acquired data...nobody is prepared to do this. Well except for one, but that system is not online yet, and won't be for a while.

edit on 14-9-2015 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*shrug*

If I was going to build a base on the Moon, not only would I put it on the "dark side" -- but I'd do it under the lunar surface. I'd use the Moon itself for shielding. It would also double as a good way to hide stuff, as even the "dark side" is seen by probes that get sent to the Moon.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Are there any known photos of the BBT?

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There were a handful of photos on ATS in an older thread someplace, all of the same BBT. I can't remember the thread though. They were some of the most convincing ones presented.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

Are there any known photos of the BBT?

I would love to see a photo. Back in the mid 80's Me and my uncles saw one at my grandmothers house while my cousin 2 miles away saw it as well.

It was silent, flying relatively low and silent. The color was like an absorbent black . As it passed it blocked the stars in the background hence you could see the outline.

I don't recall any lights on the craft. The weird thing is that we just kind of froze and looked at it and didn't even discuss it till almost a decade or 2 later. Perhaps my uncle didn't want to freak us kids out.

I have no idea what it was till this day. It happened in SWFL and was coming from the gulf side (West) to (South East) direction.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

wow... cool story.

ive noticed one thing many accounts of bbt's have in common. people seem to either forget or shrug off the experience until later on in life if at all.

It leads me to the conclusion that these things mess with peoples perception, albeit with differing but similar results.

I personally happen to know that their exist technology that messes with perception to an impressive degree.

These BBT's are mouth watering.... i want a ride on one. Nothing more!

posted on Sep, 16 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

That's a frustrating aspect of this whole conversation... those of us who've seen them (or similar), or know and trust those who have, want to know more as this level of tech is a sci-fi novel come true! But we have to backtrack for those folks who still think it's a mistake of perception or a lie.

I rather wish is wasn't true.. .especially since it's being kept from the human family as a whole and possibly wasting brilliant people's life work on research already done.. .not to mention the pollution that could be avoided by a cleaner power plant.

And yes, the BBT sure DO seem to effect perception in some manner.

No matter the source, that effect on the mind is ... worrisome.. .especially if they are part of a deep black world that is not held accountable by anyone... or almost especially if the source is unknown lifeforms.

No wonder so many folks hope it's a delusion or internet fable.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
(Why can't federation ships use the transporter technology to repair battle damage or retrieve people spaced by hull breaches a second after it happens?) better yet why can't they just build or refit whole ships in less than a day using transporters and up to the minute state of the art tech specifications and plans from the design and engineering database? I'd be beating poor scotty down if he ever welded a ugly old plate over a big old phaser or photon hole.
edit on 17-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormbringer1701
(Why can't federation ships use the transporter technology to repair battle damage or retrieve people spaced by hull breaches a second after it happens?) better yet why can't they just build or refit whole ships in less than a day using transporters and up to the minute state of the art tech specifications and plans from the design and engineering database? I'd be beating poor scotty down if he ever welded a ugly old plate over a big old phaser or photon hole.

Why can't objects created on / for the holo-deck leave the holo-deck?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

Why can't objects created on / for the holo-deck leave the holo-deck?

i think that that is either a software constraint to conserve deck resources or safety (can't make permanent phasers, bioweapons) or they may actually be able to take items in certain cases. didn't they occasionally leave the holodeck in costumes? The holodeck did have integral replicators in addition to the haptic holograms.

EDIT: the answer to my question is that the writers did not allow transporter based construction or repair for story telling reasons. i just looked it up.
edit on 17-9-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You do realize that a lot of our consumer technology is hand-me-down stuff from the defense industry, right? Most of the big breakthroughs happened because the miliary had a need for that tech.

DARPA. It all rolls downhill from there. Well, not all....some things are never released to the private sector.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It's been proven that certain government projects can be compartmentalized while employing thousands of people without ever being discovered (Manhattan Project) -- so It's not out of the realm of possibility that a program could exist and remain secret.

Generally speaking, those who talk don't know. Those who know don't talk.

At times, there are exceptions on both sides of the aisle though. Sometimes deliberately which just adds to the confusion.

Having fun yet?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

You do realize that a lot of our consumer technology is hand-me-down stuff from the defense industry, right? Most of the big breakthroughs happened because the miliary had a need for that tech.

DARPA. It all rolls downhill from there. Well, not all....some things are never released to the private sector.

Velcro and duct tape! I don't think they came up with blue plastic tarps though...

Duct tape and blue tarps, if you don't own those two items you aren't a real Alaskan...

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I agree with all you've said.

Especially the part about wishing it weren't true. I feel like Matt Damon stuck on Earth in 'Elysium'.

I want in on this black world... but how? how?

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

well we do sorta. just google private spacecraft. we have at least 6 or seven different types of space capsule or plane.

NASA Orion Capsule
Space X Dragon
Boeing CST-100
Blue Origin Shepherd
Dream chaser (is still a thing)
ARCA Space Corporation
Armadillo airspace
Xcor Lynx
Virgin Galactic
Bigelow Airspace Space stations

to name just a few. remember the private asteroid miner could become a thing.

Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR)
USAF Space Command
U.S. Army Space and Missile Defense Command (SMDC)
edit on 17-9-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

I don't think it works the way you think.

You probably don't seek them out, they find out if you're needed. Hell, look at the NASA astronauts, they aren't even privy to the details. I know I'd be really mad if I knew humans had SSTO capability with huge black triangles. Meanwhile, I'm being strapped to a solid rocket engine and praying to God my Russian re-entry vehicle holds together on the trip home.

edit on 17-9-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join