It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Knife Maker Uses Meteorite.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Okay it is a knife so I didn't know where to put this video lol.

Just wow I really want one but they are very pricey.

kramerknives.com...

www.kramerknives.com...

I really admire craftsmen like Bob. They are works of art.

edit on 6-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

But Monkey, would you ever dare use it?

I was given a damascus penknife a few years ago and never wanted to use it, they look great but I've never known anyone actually use them.

Also, reminds me of Sir Terry Pratchett making his own meteor iron sword when he was knighted. Strait ballin

edit on 6/9/2015 by Learningman because: Pratchett bwoi!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Good ppint I would use it for posh food.
Lobster.
Panda steak and such.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

But that two tined fork though, if anyone is undecided on an xmas gift ...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Very awesome knives and good work on the making of them I was quite entertained!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Those really are gorgeous! Great craftsmanship at work. That snowflake pattern in the steel is really unique and I've seen countless thousands of benchmade knives having worked as an engraver. To me, the final touch would be to have the brass bolsters, spacers and pins engraved - maybe with fine English scrolls. If you really like one-of-a-kind knives check the link in my sig,

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I want one. Make it two.

The real shame is, there are so few craftsmen like this guy around any more. I can order a hundred cheap pieces of crap from China, for the price of just one of his knives. Don't mention the fact that one of his knives will outlast and out-perform a thousand Chinese knock-offs. Hell yes, I'd use it. Everyday. That's what buying quality is all about. Utility and longevity. I have a $300 pocket-knife that was gifted to me. I use it, and it will last me the rest of my life.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ancient knives and sword makers used meteorite, too. They didn't have to refine metal from ore, it was 'prefab'. I don't know about fragile, they been making edged weapons from the stuff for centuries.

Link to images

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Its not so much about fragility as it is that a lot of damascus (not all) is only a nice pattern near the surface, and when you re-bevel them or sharpen them more than a few times it ruins the pattern, unless you re-buff and then re acid etch them.

I use a cheap opinel, never fails me and if it breaks Im only down less than £10.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Learningman

Yah, carbon steel is cheaper to make than meteorites. Opinels are good knives for utility work.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Much much easier, just gotta remember to oil it, I always go for the carbon opinels but only out of habit, I may try a stainless when this one gets lost. Svord from New Zealand make great carbon utility knives cheap also, but Im going wayyy off topic.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I actually know a dude with a kramer knife! He is the executive chef for a resort near my house. He raves about these knives. The one he uses cost as must as my last used car though.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Amazing Knife Maker Uses Meteorite.

Nice advertisement/spam, but 'we' have been using meteorites in our forging of knives for millennia!
I guess that 'we' are all 'amazing'? *__-

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Indonesians have been making kriss daggars for ceremonial purposes for about 1000 years now. they b made of meteorite 2!

still pretty cool though.
edit on 21-9-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

join