It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The star pupil who scored zero in all her exams

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Blah blah blah

My dicks bigger than yours blah blah blah

I never said the US is not a Good place to live. If its your cup of tea GREAT! Live there!

But why cant you get the USA is not the ONLY place to live? And its not EVERYONE cup of tea?

Cool the USA floats your boat! Great!

But not everyone will agree with you!

Dont know why it irks you so such me and many others if the developed dont agree with you. Sure many will but many wont, get over yourself.

End of the day we all live in developed country and enjoy high standards of living and freedom in various forms. The differences between our country's are slight anyway. dont see why it needs to be a "my country's better than yours" pissing contest.

Anyway Im not waiting my time in the stupid debate...... I have a nice fat steak myself to eat and a new computer I just brought from a nearby electronics mega store that took me 3 hours to choose due to all the choice!

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Now if you like your 3000+ sqft house with a front and back yard or even some land attached, two cars and not the size of mini coopers, every fruit and veg available year round, places like Costco or even having large selections of choice when shopping, nice big fat steak, gas not 7 dollars a gallon, boat maybe...etc plus about 50 other things that would drastically change go and enjoy your new and "better" country...

I mean god how patronizing and ignorant is the above statement?

Most of the develop world enjoys the above things! My fridge is full of food from round the world and my car might not be bigger ( most dont measure bigger as better, maybe we are not as insecure?) than yours but its a Audi that likely faster and worth far more!
O and I also have a small yacht living on the Thames.

Its moored next to a HUGE shopping mall called blue water.

edit on 6-9-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
Anyway Im not waiting my time in the stupid debate...... I have a nice fat steak myself to eat and a new computer I just brought from a nearby electronics mega store that took me 3 hours to choose due to all the choice!

Wait, what? You bought a computer (I hope not from PC World) and didn't build it yourself?

>shakes head in shame and cries for humanity<

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

Wait, what? You bought a computer (I hope not from PC World) and didn't build it yourself?

>shakes head in shame and cries for humanity<

Its just a business computer. Just wanted to be quick, cheap and cheerful.

My personal computer home made being a PC gamer.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Can someone please explain why, if the claims are true, they would do this to her? I see initially it was claimed it was because she was Christian, but that has been acknowledged by both sides now as not being the reason.

So with that being decided, why has this happened?

Corrupt officials? Who has paid them to score her work at zero and why?

Someone steals her completed exam papers, replaces her name with the name of another candidate, and ... she gets no grades while the other person gets top marks. It would have to be done when the papers were being collected for marking.

edit on 6-9-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2015 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Those who follow world news know that Christians world wide are persecuted, even in Christian countries, mainly to placate muslims, I am past my biblical allotment, but I do worry for my children, grand children, and great grandchildren, a lot.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Blah blah blah

My dicks bigger than yours blah blah blah

I never said the US is not a Good place to live. If its your cup of tea GREAT! Live there!

But why cant you get the USA is not the ONLY place to live? And its not EVERYONE cup of tea?

My point was directed at Americans suggesting these other places were better, and I suggested they would see a rather drastic change to their living style, and what they might see as a living standard. I have lived in France, Germany, Netherlands, Japan and Korea, so I kind of know the difference between many different modern places to live.

But not everyone will agree with you!

I understand, but is a forced lifestyle better than one where you can pick and choose what you want without being rich?

Dont know why it irks you so such me and many others if the developed dont agree with you. Sure many will but many wont, get over yourself.

What irks me is comparing some place with 5 million people to a place with 330 million. They are completely different anyway you look at it...

End of the day we all live in developed country and enjoy high standards of living and freedom in various forms. The differences between our country's are slight anyway. dont see why it needs to be a "my country's better than yours" pissing contest.

It is not a better or worst debate, it is all about choices and a quality of living. When I spent 5 years near Tokyo I enjoyed my time there, but the quality of life sucks in so many ways I could create a new post on it, and so it is not a place I would want to say I WANT to live there, as example.

Bah, Go to Fry's electronics and build your own... Get the best of everything at half the cost...

Most of the develop world enjoys the above things! My fridge is full of food from round the world and my car might not be bigger ( most dont measure bigger as better, maybe we are not as insecure?) than yours but its a Audi that likely faster and worth far more!
O and I also have a small yacht living on the Thames.

You live on the boat, nice I have a 36 Sea Ray. I would say having a boat is far from the norm in Europe, as I drive to work along the Columbia river I see 100s of boats each day pulling out Salmon. I guess my main point is I could not live my lifestyle in Europe on the pay I make. That is where it all comes down to what can you afford and what choices can you afford. You can live extremely well just about anywhere but at what cost?

edit on 6-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

My point was directed at Americans suggesting these other places were better, and I suggested they would see a rather drastic change to their living style, and what they might see as a living standard. I have lived in France, Germany, Netherlands, Japan and Korea, so I kind of know the difference between many different modern places to live.

And my point is it depends on the person!

I know a few Americans that have chose to live here and I know a few Brits that moved to the US. NEITHER were right or wrong in my opinion.

IT DEPENDS ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

I understand, but is a forced lifestyle better than one where you can pick and choose what you want without being rich?

Forced?

Most of us in the developed world are not more forced than you!

In fact there are a few country's more free than the USA or the UK.

What irks me is comparing some place with 5 million people to a place with 330 million. They are completely different anyway you look at it...

Yes they are completely different!

Which is entirely my GD point!

some will prefer the USA some will prefer the smaller country.

It is not a better or worst debate, it is all about choices and a quality of living. When I spent 5 years near Tokyo I enjoyed my time there, but the quality of life sucks in so many ways I could create a new post on it, and so it is not a place I would want to say I WANT to live there, as example.

And I would not like to live in Tokyo either.

Many though would disagree along with many Japanese. To them they do have a superior life style to us. And they are judging that compared to there own values and upbringing.

You dont want to live there, I dont want to live there.....But many do!

Many Japanese would tell you to keep your 300 sq ft house and me to keep my £40k Audi A5. They prefer there life.

Bah, Go to Fry's electronics and build your own... Get the best of everything at half the cost...

My personal PC IS home built.....

You live on the boat,

No I dont I just own one for weekend fun .

nice I have a 36 Sea Ray.

Good for you and?

Mine 15ft but Thats cause I dont use it enough to justify buying bigger.

I would say having a boat is far from the norm in Europe,

as I drive to work along the Columbia river I see 100s of boats each day pulling out Salmon.

Well you would be wrong. There are thousand and thousand of boats all long the rivers and coats.

Hell most my American friends I have dont own boats.

I guess my main point is I could not live my lifestyle in Europe on the pay I make. That is where it all comes down to what can you afford and what choices can you afford. You can live extremely well just about anywhere but at what cost?

Good for bloody you.

Your happy in the USA. Great!

Many others are happy in there own developed 1st world country's. Why cant you accept that?
Why cant you accept that some of us dont want to live in the USA? Why cant you accept some people ideals on standard of living are different to yours?

I accept were you live is good for you. but why cant you agree vice versa?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of myself a bit...

I was a top student throughout my first 12 years of school then when I got to college, I barely passed any courses. The only exams I've seen, I had great scores but in the end, it's the teacher that had 100% of the power.
Even one course, I was missing 2% to pass before my final exam worth 40% and the teacher managed to give me 58%. A complete jerk that ruined my life because that got me kicked out and now, no one wants me in their schools.

140+ IQ wasted in low wage paying jobs where my intellect is almost useless.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And my point is it depends on the person!

I know a few Americans that have chose to live here and I know a few Brits that moved to the US. NEITHER were right or wrong in my opinion.

IT DEPENDS ON PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

It seems when you posted

For starters all are less corrupt, provide more freedom and have higher standards of living to the USA.
was not based on personal preference.....

Wow, more freedoms...really, greater standards of living? Really? At what price does that standard of living cost? The whole corrupt aspect can also be pretty well challenged too.

I agree it depends on the person, but the US offers more choices, period.... This can be a good thing or bad, dependent on the person, I agree, but once again it seems your post I reply to was not based on personal preference in the least.

Most of us in the developed world are not more forced than you!

We are all forced to live within our means, do you not agree? At 500 bucks a square foot for a house in Europe I would be forced to rent...see my point?

In fact there are a few country's more free than the USA or the UK.

Define the freedoms that affect you in your place and these other places that I do not have? I do not need to show ID and can cross 50 states without the need to do anything but get in my car and drive, as examples. I have always wondered what these mystical freedoms are that these other countries have and I do not.

Yes they are completely different!

Which is entirely my GD point!

some will prefer the USA some will prefer the smaller country.

Was not really your point until now....

Many Japanese would tell you to keep your 300 sq ft house and me to keep my £40k Audi A5. They prefer there life.

They endure their life... Once again little choice... Little choice to have every room of the house a bed room with kids mom/bad and grandparents all together, little choice to have a 100 year loan to buy a house that is past on to their kids, work 14 hours a day, spend 3 hours commuting etc... These are not choices when that is all they have in choice.

Good for you and?

Mine 15ft but Thats cause I dont use it enough to justify buying bigger.

Was not making a point, thought it was nice you had a boat too...

Many others are happy in there own developed 1st world country's. Why cant you accept that?
Why cant you accept that some of us dont want to live in the USA? Why cant you accept some people ideals on standard of living are different to yours?

I accept were you live is good for you. but why cant you agree vice versa?

Hehe, I think you forgot I was replying to your post first where you suggested a list of countries were better than the US (and not on preference only). I suggest there is a better quality of life in the US based on more choices one can afford to pick from and you go all preference on me....

You still have not explained these freedoms they have and less corruption too.

I fully understand that many around the world would not trade their life to live in the US based on preference but your post didn't suggest that...
edit on 6-9-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

All we are doing now if going off topic arguing semantics.

Fact is there is little diffrences in life quality, corruption and freedom between the top developed countrys.
Sure you may have 3000 sq foot house over my 1500 and I may have a 40k luxury car. Your goverment may be made up of corrupt contankerous cretins on the pay and my government full of pedos.

End of the day we are not in as bad shape as eqypt and the rest of the ME, south America and Africa and for a eqyption suffering from corruption, a syrian running from ISIS or a mexican trying to escape there failing state, the fact your yacht is 15 ft bigger or my car can do 0 to 60 2 secounds or so faster matters little to them. We are basically the same to them, all they care about is whats the closest country with the easiest border.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
a reply to: skywatcher44

So being a Coptic Christian is the reason this has happened?

Yet both sides now agree that this isn't the case. The family must be under pressure from someone to deny this is the reason, but how much pressure, if they have spoken out about this.

This all seems a bit strange imo.

It could be, or it could be the fact she was at the top of her class so she is a prime candidate to steal her test and sell to someone else.

It could be a combination of those, and other things.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrMasterMinder
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You havent mentioned in your post whats the problem. It just says a girl got zero and she didnt expect it.

I recommend reading the source if you wish a greater understanding.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

It is the way the system is designed.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: crazyewok

I am sorry, I did not realize it not happening in the US precluded me from being upset.

No its a intresting topic.

I just dont see the relevance to compareing it to gay wedding cakes ect

Probably because in the grand scheme of things whether or not you can force one specific person to bake your cake is a little less of an impact on your overall life and future than whether or not the testing and scoring process on a major exam used by colleges everywhere to help determine whether or not you can even set foot in the door is corrupted to the point where someone can see that you are a women and automatically assign you a failing grade.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

Can you explain the link between Prussian system and Egypt?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: theMediator
Reminds me of myself a bit...

I was a top student throughout my first 12 years of school then when I got to college, I barely passed any courses. The only exams I've seen, I had great scores but in the end, it's the teacher that had 100% of the power.
Even one course, I was missing 2% to pass before my final exam worth 40% and the teacher managed to give me 58%. A complete jerk that ruined my life because that got me kicked out and now, no one wants me in their schools.

140+ IQ wasted in low wage paying jobs where my intellect is almost useless.

Speaking as someone who used to teach at the undergraduate and postgraduate level, sadly your story is far from uncommon.

What often happens is that someone is bright enough to party and coast through pre-college work, then gets the shock of their life when they find they need a solid academic work ethic at the degree level. If IQ is the engine, study is the fuel. The fastest car in the world isn't going to win any races with an empty fuel tank. Lots of kids think they're too smart to need to study.

I'm not saying this is your story, of course, just a common story that we would see. I would say, however, that if someone with an IQ of 140+ was scrabbling around within a few points of the 60% pass mark, the issue is not the teacher. Perhaps you were studying the wrong subject. I'm as smart as a box of shiny buttons and I bet I'd still fail at undergraduate physics.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
There is clearly foul play and corruption involved in this case. I hate it when people abuse their power... I wonder if they didn't want her to succeed because she is a girl? There is probably some political reason behind this.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EvillerBob

I don't think you understood me well. Even before passing the final exam, I had 58% accumulated on 60% possible since the final exam was worth 40% and the teacher gave me 58% which equals as if I got zero on my final exam. It kind of doesn't make sense for a student that has had 96%+ accumulated till now to get 0% at the final exam now does it?

So the issue was the teacher, not my notes, not my studying and it was obligatory course in ANY diploma so it had nothing to do with studying the wrong subject. I've always been studying hard, more so in college. Even there just like my previous years, I was still regarded by other students as being knowledgeable and many came to me in class and after class for help.

The problem was my attitude and their attitude towards me. I tend to intellectually threaten types of people that push back by abusing of their authority against me. As if they feel that I need to be under them for their egos to stay intact.

I like being on equal grounds with everyone as I feel that we all deserve the same respect and I really dislike when people try to step on anyone. I don't get pushed around no matter the authority and that's why I failed when academic notes weren't based on tangible results any longer.
edit on 7-9-2015 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

No thanks i dont click on random links.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MrMasterMinder

That's fine, but you should not complain when the information is provided and you choose not to read it. Hope you have a wonderful day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join