It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fortune cookies, are starting to screw with me!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
WTF, i have no idea how that happened, forgive me.. this is too much
edit on 6-9-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
You've definitely had more than me. lol

Its all good, the OP was just a bit rambling. Too many things happening at once. Sorry I missed the point. No offense.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lifecitizen

are you serious, you cannot get what the hell i was saying! its very coherent, i list it off.. Look i love you aussies and pome's but more often than not you all dont understand what the hell i say

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
WTF, i have no idea how that happened, forgive me.. this is too much

Don't stress I've seen it happen before

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
a reply to: skunkape23

Don't do me like that.

I'll behave.

I'll do a Mexican standoff in any damned territory on this planet.
Mama didn't raise no fools.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

haha, i swear im not a fool! lol, this thread aint helping me much.. But at least the OP is good hahahah

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   

ok since we are ll intoxicated, and craziness is happening in the thread.. Lets listen to some happy music until less intoxicated people come here and remark..

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Its still happening im not posting anymore hahaha

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

are you serious, you cannot get what the hell i was saying! its very coherent, i list it off.. Look i love you aussies and pome's but more often than not you all dont understand what the hell i say

And we both speak the same language. Its not us, its you

Jokes aside, settle. Im one person who missed your point, others might totally get it. That's the nature of message boards.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

ok since we are ll intoxicated, and craziness is happening in the thread.. Lets listen to some happy music until less intoxicated people come here and remark..

ok cool

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It is Saturday night.
The Mungo Jerry helped me get it screwed back on straight.
So we're talking about fortune cookies, Old Hags, and giant praying mantids.
I am back on track.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This is rather humorous haha but I just can't sleep - OP what do you mean by primordial images? a reply to: TechniXcality

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomy327

Brother right now, I am way to twisted off the too of a 5th of fire ball.so I am gonna do my best, But primordial imagery refers to the blank slate ideas that every human is born with, and the dreams we have and stock characters, so when I say: wise old man, you know what I am talking about, when I say( devil, snake ,trickster, fox, jester) you know what I am talking about! All cultures write about the same primordial imagery.. Aka archetypes, without having previous contact or knoweldge of one another. So they have shared arechtypes and motifs, which is suggestive of a parallel flow of information, or otherwise known as the collective unconscious...

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Ok brother, I am like the least extraordinary, or ridiculous person, but my thread replays have certainly not helped, and I get you wish to nail me for it.. What can I say?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Ok brother, I am like the least extraordinary, or ridiculous person, but my thread replays have certainly not helped, and I get you wish to nail me for it.. What can I say?

Peace to you brother.
I offer any apologies I need to.
Just funnin'.
I'll try again tomorrow when I'm in better form.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I've considered collecting information from members of, say, 30 different clans, for a long time now. I guess it'll be a retirement project, I can't envisage finding the time anytime soon!
Basically, each clan has a 'motto', a belief system or statement of intent. For example, the MacAuley's is "Danger is sweet", the MacDougall's is "Conquer or die." I want to know - on a smaller scale than you - if this belief, or meme if you like, has passed unknowingly through the generations.

A collective (albeit small group) unconscious.
It does puzzle me how our supernatural experiences are so limited, always fitting the mould, like a script throughout centuries.
Story-telling plays a massive part, but then like you say there are a lot of cross-cultural similarities that are not so easily explained.

S&F, fantastic thread!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Yes ma'am.. I agree and I am doing my own research into this. It's funny, I am a McCusker and I wish to further research my history and the story's pertaining to my people.. It's interesting because when looking at it all, it's like looking at a fractal, the smallest part being equal to the sum of the whole. Anyway thank you for commenting.
cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I wish we had fortune cookies in the UK.
Never had one
Oh and great OP dude

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Thanks man, cheers.. I posted those cliche statements exactly as they came, btw no reordering of messages.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A lot of stuff to read but I'll just start off with a quick note:

Fortune cookies are designed to fit your confined version of reality. Just like horrorscopes.

We see what we see....

It's all bull# if you ask me, this everything happens for a reason, guff. It doesn't. it just happens. it may have a course designed by some unseen force, but it happens without an end result that we'd consider good or bad.

Perhaps it happens over and over and that is why we feel deja vu. perhaps it is a cycle that repeats until the fabric of it all changes to allow progress... evolution, ascension...

But all a fortune cookie is, is one persons mind entering yours and it's not mystical. it's how we work...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join