It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long time lurker, tired of hatred.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Fair points but we can't even agree on what constitutes racism. There's obvious racism like kkk wants to get rid of black people, nation of Islam want 10, 000 members killing whites...pretty obvious

Take for instance the push of the term African American. Big push, referring to someone as black was down right disrespectful and racist. You go into my directors office and refer to him as African American you will get a warning, second time..why you are heading outside and someone's taking as a$$ whipping. My money says it won't be him.

You will also probably get a fierce reaction along the lines of " do you think at any time my a$$ was in a jungle in Africa, do you think I was hunting with some spears and $hit, you think I ever lived in Africa. I grew up in Chicago,get the hell out of here. My name is xxxxxx"

The whole concept of racism except in some pretty blatant cases is stupid. Sorry it just is. That's why I say you surround yourself with good people and stay away from the bad. If some pathetic people need to spend life blaming other races for their failures , not the people you want in your life. People want to go looking under every rock for signs of racism coming from the likes of the kkk or the nation of Islam and has seeped into the main stream, pathetic .But whatever. Again probably not the people you want in your life. When real racism exists it should be addressed and those pushing it should be ridiculed by all sides every time they try to say something. But honestly as an individual the best you can do is surrounded yourself with good people no matter backdground, ridicule obvious racists, ignore those screaming it all the time. Live life.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MateoVeritas
We're all biased. I can accept that. What I can't accept are people denying that they are; that they ignore why they ARE biased. If you aren't going to be honest with yourself, why should I trust or listen to anything you have to say?

Spot on. I am so sick and tired of hatred as well. It can get so frustrating and disappointing in humanity seeing how easy and NATURAL it is for people to partake in such negative and narrow-minded mentalities, mostly because they're protected behind a computer screen. It says a lot about what kind of people exist around you. How their quiet smiles in public are just masks and their true hatred unleashed when they get home and turn on the computer.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I totally agree. I hate the hating also. There's no need for it. I also hate when those replying who disagree with what someone has written will attack the poster and call them an idiot, etc, rather than just say they disagree and why they disagree. We don't have to agree with everyone, but just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean that person is an idiot or whatever.

posted on Sep, 15 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: aurorarising
I totally agree. I hate the hating also. There's no need for it. I also hate when those replying who disagree with what someone has written will attack the poster and call them an idiot, etc, rather than just say they disagree and why they disagree. We don't have to agree with everyone, but just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean that person is an idiot or whatever.

Or the opposite, you do disagree and do layout valid reasons and all you get is your full of hate, you are just a racist, and so fourth. The haters, the fake outragers, the hate labelers at all cost, it all just sucks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join