It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we like this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten

But why?
    why do we think differently than everyone else around us?
    why is it only us???

This seems a little stuck on the question of "why". I'll come back to that.

(for those that it is only us) Do you think the mentally retarded person knows they are retarded or different than everyone else? Have you have ever been around anyone with mental retardation? If so did you tell them they were retarded or did you do your best to pretend they were 'normal' and not act like something was wrong with them?

Yes, I have been around Autism, Mild Asperger's, Sever Asperger's, Dementia, and Brain damage. In all cases I was able to teach them something. Something they enjoyed and were empowered by. Archery, D&D, Addition and Subtraction, Love, and Hope; respectively. There was nothing wrong with them. It is just that nobody else had ever taken the time. It was easy actually. And they showed me great personal loyalty afterwards. Almost like I was the only person in their life that had ever treated them as an equal.

Do you think maybe that is how people treat us? They all know something is wrong with us and they just aren't giving us our label that they call us? (That is to say if we are making all of this stuff up in our head.) I just find it so odd that I find all of these videos on youtube and posts on here yet not one freaking person around me thinks like this.

I don't get my sense of self validation from videos. I formulate my own theory, develop tests, collect data, and refine my hypothesis. The universe will reveal its secrets. The people around me who shun me because I question the "official story" that TV and media give us, are just scared. They want to stay in the pack. Run with the herd. They don't like outliers or individuals. Not real individuals anyway.

So... as to the question of "Why".

But why?
    why do we think differently than everyone else around us?
    why is it only us???

That is only one question. Out of many. And not the most important one, by far.

Yea?
    Where
    Who
    Had?
    What
    Why
    if
    Am I
    Is not
    Whereby
    Whence
    Whither wilt
    Have?
    Shall?
    After?
    Wherefore
    is anything
    Wilt
    peradventure
    that?
    See?
    Had?
    is it
    Sir?
    Ma'am?
    Said?
    and?

Have you ever experienced that game where a small child traps an adult in series of "why" questions?

Here is my simple solution. It is based on the hypothesis (tested over decades) that every time a child asks an older person why they already have some idea of their own. If one makes the mistake of answering, then the child doubts their own reasoning and wants to question your justification all-the-way-down. To see where they went wrong.

When a young child asks me why, say "why is they sky blue" I answer by asking them the same question. "I don't know, why do _you_ think the sky is blue" And every single time. I mean every single time. The child has told me their theory. They don't ask unless they already have one. They may be nervous. They may be shy. But they always have a theory.

When a small child asks why they are really asking for permission to tell you their theory. They just don't know how to formally do that yet.

Mike Grouchy

p.s. why do you think differently than everybody else?

edit on 6-9-2015 by mikegrouchy because: format

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I am not a three year old and if I had a clue of why I wouldn't be asking your guys.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I am not a three year old and if I had a clue of why I wouldn't be asking your guys.

Way to get offended when someone is genuinely interested and engaging in dialog.

Out of all the useful information in that post could it be the one, and only picture, that set you off.

Am I talking with a visual learner.

Because that picture was not directed at you. I was sharing. It is something that almost every adult I have ever met has in common with me. We have all encountered the small child who asks the never ending series of "why" questions.

The picture was for us both. To see. To agree on.
Try not to get offended this round.

So...

Why do you think differently than everybody else?

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm not a three year old either Mike but I sure ate that
up like one. Excellent post.

I know the exact time and date it all started for me.
I was four years old.
edit on Ram90715v45201500000035 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Why are we like this?

Because we choose to be like this. We just see the world with an Open and Curious mind. We resonate at a slightly different frequency than the average citizen, we are actually much closer or higher in vibration to TPTB because we can easily spot their failures and glitches in the matrix from above.

Ask your higher self during a meditative session. Your answers will be revealed for you.

Peace
edit on 7-9-2015 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Way to get offended when someone is genuinely interested and engaging in dialog.

Out of all the useful information in that post could it be the one, and only picture, that set you off.

Am I talking with a visual learner.

Because that picture was not directed at you. I was sharing. It is something that almost every adult I have ever met has in common with me. We have all encountered the small child who asks the never ending series of "why" questions.

The picture was for us both. To see. To agree on.
Try not to get offended this round.

So...

Why do you think differently than everybody else?

Mike Grouchy

That wasn't meant to sound like I was offended. I not offended. I was trying to explain that I truly have no idea and am looking for yalls thoights. I have none and am baffled.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Why are we like this? I'm talking to the people like me who are fixated on all of this conspiracy stuff. It doesn't even matter if the conspiracies are real or not... the truth is, we are different. I have no one around me in real life that is like me. NO ONE. I'm married, have friends and family but not one person to talk to about this stuff. (That is why I'm a member here.) We are the 'weirdos'. We are the 'nutters'. We are the 'crazies'. But why? What makes us like this? Why am I so different than everyone else? I have siblings and they aren't like this so why am I?

I'm not trying to say I am special or better than anyone. I'm saying that I think differently and I don't know why. It makes me very lonely sometimes. And no matter how many times I get made fun of or told off and no matter how many times I tell myself 'no more!' I still continually try to wake people up to what I see by posting on facebook or in person or whatever. But the people around me in real life don't want to hear it. Neither do the people on facebook. They like having meaningless convos about nothing. I try to start up a conversation about the prophecies of Sept or the conspiracy of TPTB and I can tell in their faces and their eyes that they don't want to hear it or discuss it. Or they will just completely change the subject.

It's just such a lonely place to be and sometimes I feel so alone and I don't understand why I am like this. WHY ME? And if I am the only one in my life that is awake then what in the hell woke me up? Thanks for listening... when I think too much about it just makes me sad.

Just rereading some of my old threads. It's been almost 10 years since I wrote this and it still applies. Not much has changed. Oh well.

posted on May, 21 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

Yes, well, I enjoyed this thread for some reason and you get a star for bringing it up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join