It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are we like this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why are we like this? I'm talking to the people like me who are fixated on all of this conspiracy stuff. It doesn't even matter if the conspiracies are real or not... the truth is, we are different. I have no one around me in real life that is like me. NO ONE. I'm married, have friends and family but not one person to talk to about this stuff. (That is why I'm a member here.) We are the 'weirdos'. We are the 'nutters'. We are the 'crazies'. But why? What makes us like this? Why am I so different than everyone else? I have siblings and they aren't like this so why am I?

I'm not trying to say I am special or better than anyone. I'm saying that I think differently and I don't know why. It makes me very lonely sometimes. And no matter how many times I get made fun of or told off and no matter how many times I tell myself 'no more!' I still continually try to wake people up to what I see by posting on facebook or in person or whatever. But the people around me in real life don't want to hear it. Neither do the people on facebook. They like having meaningless convos about nothing. I try to start up a conversation about the prophecies of Sept or the conspiracy of TPTB and I can tell in their faces and their eyes that they don't want to hear it or discuss it. Or they will just completely change the subject.

It's just such a lonely place to be and sometimes I feel so alone and I don't understand why I am like this. WHY ME? And if I am the only one in my life that is awake then what in the hell woke me up? Thanks for listening... when I think too much about it just makes me sad.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stellawayten

We are the chosen ones. Godlike in thought and morality and are put here to help balance the scales between the sheep and shepherd. To help the sheep see WHY they are being led, and to help the shepherds stay honest in their intentions. Neither side may want us, but they both need us.

A little too dramatic?

To be honest, I don't know why either. I just live with it and make light of it whenever it's applicable.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I notice this myself. It's not just that other people don't believe in conspiracies, they simply don't care about real life. They don't know who the Vice President is, they don't know what's going on in the Middle East, ISIS who?" .... they don't know what's going on in the world around them that is important but they do know the EXACT date that Bruce Jenner became Caitlynn Jenner.

That's a problem and it's the reason that so many things are wrong in our society.

It's the whole "not looking deeper" issue, not just the conspiracy issue IMO. When one does look deeper, it usually creates more and more questions.

The old saying that ignorance is bliss didn't come into existence out of nowhere. It's more popular than ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Uncomfortable topics make people uncomfortable. Maybe it's your approach? Instead of just diving right in head first, ease it into conversation slowly. Feel the people out and see what's they're interested in. If you can find a common ground, then relate a conspiracy to that common ground, you've got your in.

And if that doesn't work, there are a whole bunch of us other "weirdos" on here eager to chat with you. Even the sarcastic skeptics like me. You're not as alone as you think.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm the same way. I think different than most of the people I know. I can imagine half of my friends on facebook just scrolling past some things I post or unfollowing me so they don't have to see it. A lot of times I can see their eyes glaze over and I just stop talking. I don't know why I'm different. I've just come to accept it and let everyone else do whatever. They can deal with me or not.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

the truth is, we are different.

Are we really different or are we just the ones that dare to question . Growing up i was often asked why i was always asking questions , the simple answer to that was , if you dont ask you dont find out . Its ok to not be a sheeple .

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I like to go down the rabbit hole and try to scare myself which releases endorphins for me.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Depends on the individual as to why they are feeling "awake" and or interested in conspiracy topics. Hate to see so many grouped into one on the subject. Some were seeking truth or their own truth but found things are really not what they seem to be. To say they began to question current events in the news when the stories didn't add up. To even observing some people who claim to be Doom pr0n lovers who are in it for the, well, it explains itself as entertainment.

Yes it's lonely when it comes to social circles when being interest in conspiracy(or anything out of the entertainment news box), if you can't find others who are interested in the topics. That's why I'm thankful for sites such as this one, but doesn't mean you won't be countered at times with differing views and sadly, attacks.

In the end, be yourself, you'll have to fend off the insults to being talked down to just comes with the territory. Unfortunately, with that keep in mind the general public(such as non conspiracy interested) are nearly expected(not all sometimes they will listen) to reply as such, as you are mentioning.

Personally an interests in cryptozoological topics, to aliens, the esoteric and metaphysics and ancient civilizations lead to further topics from bordering on CT to CT, despite always being interested in current events/news topics

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I believe it has to do with critical thinking myself. I know my siblings are into this as well.But we were taught by our mother to always think for ourselves. Sounds pretty simple doesn't it? Yet you would be suprized how many people don't do it.The schools will surely not teach it. Either your parents taught it to you or you just picked it up on your own through life experiences. But I think that is what sets us here at ATS apart from the masses. Of course psychologists have their own theories,but I don't put much stock in what they say anyway.How many people have been 'cured' of mental illness? None.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Dimithae

I think you're right. I've always taught my daughter to think for herself and question everything. Even what I tell her. Don't just believe me (mom) either. Look for yourself. Research for yourself. Figure it out for yourself and decide what you believe and what you don't, what you support and what you don't... For yourself.

She's a senior in high school this year. The first day of government class the teacher asked each student to say one word they feel describes the government. Needless to say she said "conspiracy". She said the teacher quickly moved on to another student lol.

She did have a teacher last year that I know was risking his job in talking about things that weren't in their current books or on the curriculum. She would always come home and share it with me and I was amazed he kept his job.

Naturally she has taken an interest in alternative views since she was raised that way, but she does hold some different views than I do and since most of it is theory... Neither of us can really be wrong about a lot of it.

I was not raised in a household like that but always questioned everything. So I think parenting has something to do with it, but I also think some of us are just more curious, untrusting, etc. than others.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Lyrics
Earth Wind & Fire
Way of the World

Hearts of fire creates love desire
Take you high and higher to the world you belong
Hearts of fire creates love desire
High and higher to your place on the throne

We come together on this special day
Sing our message loud and clear
Looking back, we've touched on sorrowful days,
Future pass, they disappear
You will find peace of mind
If you look way down in your heart and soul
Don't hesitate 'cause the world seems cold
Stay young at heart, 'cause you're never, never old

That's the way of the world,
Plant your flower and you grow a pearl
Child is born with a heart of gold
Way of the world makes his heart so cold

Hearts of fire create love desire take you
High and higher to the world you belong
Hearts of fire love desire
High and higher, yeah yeah yeah
Hearts of fire love desire
Ahh higher

We come together on this special day
Sung our message loud and clear
Looking back, we've touched on sorrowful days,
Future disappears
You will find peace of mind
If you look way down in your heart and soul
Don't hesitate 'cause the world seems cold
Stay young at heart, 'cause you're never, never, never

That's the way of the world,
Plant your flower and you grow a pearl
Child is born with a heart of gold
Way of the world makes his heart so cold

Hearts of fire, love desire
High and higher, yeah yeah
Hearts of fire, love desire

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
If THEY didn't want me to become a conspiracy thinker...

THEY should never have passed the RICO ACT.

But Conspiracy is the law of the land here in the U.S.A. Why let them shame think us into dropping it. It's not like the law will be abrogated by us not investigating conspiracy's anymore.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

I honestly believe its simply a question of where your focus is orientated biologically. I always see the big picture and the repercussions of actions, yet I notice many of my friends and associates only see the immediate situation with no awareness of what will happen in 1 months time or a year's time due to their decided course of action.

I also am aware of how much politicians and vested interest influence wrong decisions for the public. The first time was with the Profumo situation when even as a tiny child, I could see the implications of blackmail when a British politician is dating and kissing a russian spy - (in my then childlike mind, I hadn't grasped the concept of sleeping together yet, although pillow talk did seem strange to me then). I could also read at three having been taught by my Father who was a journalist with the NY Times, bet reading book ever to learn with in those days.

I suspect the dislike of our governments corruption and protectionism is so out there that it bombards those whose horizon's don't extend past their own front doors so they ignore everything for personal protection. Which is what TPTB want because then no one challenges them cos we all feel impotent to do anything about things.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Na don't worry, we're the sane ones
www.naturalnews.com...

But I hear you. The other day a coworker and I were talking about stuff and I mentioned how we might be in a computer simulator. His immediate reaction is what you described and I had to regain my integrity by saying I didn't come up with this stuff, Stephen Hawking did. And you're right. Most people talk about nothing. It's not good to always bring up crazy conspiracy stuff but regular talk is just boring.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
It was this way for me too. Nobody in my circles talked about it. So, I did. I got the jibes, the jokes, the crazy looks. I don't care. I kept talking. I found the more people you talk to at a time, the less they hear and the more they dismiss. People think more in smaller numbers. After working that out, I found people more willing to at least consider the possibilities. You only need to make the clock tick and they'll want to find out more by themselves. Then, when more people start talking, it seems less crazy. You're not the odd one out anymore and the subjects are no longer taboo. The stigma attached to conspiracy theorists makes people not want to see what's in front of their eyes. Remove that stigma.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Why are we like this? - Because we see and think things others don't. Keep in mind that some have been hung drawn and quartered for their views, least that is not happening to us ...... yet.

I'm in the same boat as you and yes sometimes it just comes out at inopportune times and I feel like an idiot and wonder why I dont just turn my back on the whole thing ..... but I guess that is what some want.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

op I'm in a similar situation none of my friends are interested in conspiracy and my family are always making fun of me for it
but there is something even more annoying nobody seems to have any interest in the sciences they just don't care they have no sense of curiosity only caring about trivial rubbish.

the death of intellectualism and curiosity in modern society is a problem of biblical proportions.

i also somewhat feel alone with an interest in conspiracy and the sciences and no one to talk to.

edit on 6 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Depends on the person imho.

For me, it used to be a borderline pathological thing to be honest (I'm talking decades ago, as a teenager - though there will still remnants of this when I joined this site around 10 years past) I was obsessed with futurism and Ufology, to an unhealthy degree. And in particular, the feeling of "impending doom." Only later in adulthood did I really confront this and realize this feeling "waiting" and "feeling like something is going to happen" was a combination of clinical depression, anxiety, autism (stimuli overload in my case, stemming from being on the spectrum,) and hyper-vigilance due to past trauma. Once I started meditating, being more skeptical, and trying to improve my physical health, my mental health followed. (Though I still struggle with depression and, in particular, severe social anxiety.)

Today, I'm just here because a) I did have some anomalous experiences I have yet to find a mundane explanation for (though I'm much more agnostic about their nature now, I still find them quite peculiar,) b) I simply enjoy talking to people willing to entertain notions that many won't, and c) and this is the primary reason now - learning, learning, learning. This place is a great resource for dipping your toes into everything from aviation to astronomy to history to geopolitics to philosophy. IF you're rigorous enough and skeptical enough to not take everything at face value, that is.

I think everyone's reasons for being drawn to this subject matter differ. For me, it was originally a combination of emotional issues (and I suspect this is more prevalent than most would want to admit or confront,) and profound curiosity. And yes, being on the autistic spectrum, my brain is just hard wired a little differently than some. Today it's just the curiosity mostly. And the company. I'm socially anxious, so I'm lonely, and it's fun to converse here.
That's why I came back after a lengthy absence.

Peace.
edit on 9/6/2015 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Don't feel so bad, I don't even fit in here really even though I think like most of you, but it would never stop me from coming here.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
But why? Why do we think differently than everyone else around us? Why is it only us??? (for those that it is only us) Do you think the mentally retarded person knows they are retarded or different than everyone else? Have you have ever been around anyone with mental retardation? If so did you tell them they were retarded or did you do your best to pretend they were 'normal' and not act like something was wrong with them?

Do you think maybe that is how people treat us? They all know something is wrong with us and they just aren't giving us our label that they call us? (That is to say if we are making all of this stuff up in our head.) I just find it so odd that I find all of these videos on youtube and posts on here yet not one freaking person around me thinks like this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join