It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Perfect World!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I wonder what it would take to get the word out to people around the world that we, the people of this planet, should be showing the politicians that we can get along, and live harmoniously without the greed and corruption that our governments impose on us all!?

Anyone ever noticed that when you get to know people from other countries, they have the same feelings, and needs that you do? I know I have, I have only been to France, Mexico, and Canada, but despite the differing traditions and languages, I still felt a connection to the people as if we were all the same species (duh!). Despite what ignorance tries to teach us, we dont have to be divided just because of borders, and politics. I for one think it is time that we make as many friends in this world as we can and we should make an effort to introduce them to our other online friends, and so on and so on. I bet if we made a real effort, we could form an alliance of friends worldwide that would be like one gigantic family. Then we might be able to start our own aid programs to help the people in this world that need it, so that they wouldnt have to rely on their governments for help. The sky is the limit to what we could accomplish by uniting with each other world wide. With the vast array of knowledge available to us right here online, and through all of our unique talents and skills we could have our own society, where the only rules would be respect each other always, and solve disagreements in a civil way, we could hold our own offices and positions (similar to site moderators) voluntarily, as our contribution to our society that is like one big gigantic family. We could teach each other different languages (or come up with our own even-lol),
share our knowledge and resources with each other, etc. We might even make our own holiday, where we can have big meeting conventions worldwide. The more people that join our family (no this is not Charles Manson), the more we can achieve in making this world the kind of world that has no more suffering.
SO what do you think? If nothing else, it would be interesting just to see what could happen from trying, dont you think?

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
wow, I cant believe I didnt get a response to this post! I thought it would at least get a rise out of someone!

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
then again what do I know???

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sounds like you've only been to western countries and only to the nicer areas
Try heading over to an eastern country and make a beeline for their more violent, drug infested, crime riddled suburb, and you'll probably trip over your own jaw at some people. There are some that WANT discrimination, violence, abuse etc for whatever reasons. It's those ones that cause all the problems...that and if we ignore governments for a minute, religion (muslim vs christian, catholic vs protestant, israel vs palestien).

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
an encouraging thread cOoster, its nice to know logic doesn't have to be the bottom line.

humans have forever loved reasoning. too much at times,

our hearts have much to guide us as well,

too bad we often out reason our love.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
You first...

No seriously this is what I have tried to get across to people even if there is some huge conspiracy to control the masses it only works because we let it. If everyone all at once just said hey we're sick of it and stopped listening to their respective government and worked around them and payed each other in cash it wouldn't be able to be stopped.
But it won't happen

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Read the comic "Global Frequency"?Very interesting

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:32 AM
link   
thank you all for your feedback!
But I must say LordGoofus, I would say your right about Canada being a nicer area, but the places I have been in Mexico werent that nice. Even so, we have alot of pretty bad areas here in the USA after dark. Maybe no bombs killing us, but dead is dead just the same! I would say that Detroit, L.A., Long Beach (CA), Miami, Chicago, Baltimore, Pittsburg, NYC, after dark can be pretty deadly-(just to name a few). Come to think of it, most of Paris, when the sun goes down, is pretty crime infested.
I agree also that we lack the drive, ambition, strenghth, and everything else to do what we need to to make a better world. Too bad though, wouldnt it be nice to know that there was so much support out there for us when we needed it!?

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately human nature will always prevent a world of peace. You could get a bunch of peace loving inhabitants, throw em on a rocket and jet them off to another planet to recolonise as a peacefull society...but sooner rather than later, one or more of those people will want to be "the boss", people will start competing against each other, competing will turn into anger. Anger turns into grudges and before you know it people are killing each other all over again.

It all goes back to our animal instincts. Each of us desire to be "leader of the pack", to be the most powerfull one in the tribe (moreso amongst males). To be honest I really don't think that this will ever be bred out of us unless some third party starts selectively breeding humans the same way we bred the most complacent wolves with each other to produce domesticated dogs.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
the very first story of the bible results in 25% of the planets poulation being eliminated by homocide. if there is a god that says it all... and if theres not its shows that man has always known violence... either way i'd like to live peacefully, you'd like to live peacefully, the next guy to respond wants peace, and the guy after him wants us dead, statisticaly.

new topics

top topics

join