It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking this photo and effectively throwing a "curve-ball" at the Globe Earth myth.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: occrest

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: occrest

I don't know if it can be seen or not, as i have never been south of the equator.
But you can't see quantum effects and yet you accept that they occur because, you computer works.

I would imagine that it is beyond the line of convergence of ones line of sight where the land/sky meets.

Ah, so that only works in a north/south orientation.
any direction away from the center of a flat earth is south.

Please explain how I left the US, went WEST, and landed in Asia, according to your map.
West is to the left, East is to the right, when facing south.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I don't know if it can be seen or not, as i have never been south of the equator.
But you can't see quantum effects and yet you accept that they occur because, you computer works.

I would imagine that it is beyond the line of convergence of ones line of sight where the land/sky meets.

I posted this in another thread. What do you think of this?

This is the best evidence I can come up with for the FE 'theory'. I call it the Flatter's Triangle, using the three cities of Sydney, Santiago (Chile), and Los Angeles.

Using this randomly chosen online distance calculator www.distance.to... I find the distance between these cities to be:

Sydney to LA- 7501 miles

LA to Santiago- 5593 miles

Santiago to Sydney- 7055 miles.

Take a look at this map, presumably posted earlier as a potentially viable FE map- maps.bpl.org...

Anyone convinced by this?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Please explain how I left the US, went WEST, and landed in Asia, according to your map.
West is to the left, East is to the right, when facing south.

I will make it simpler. I went towards Hawaii from the mainland US, and arrives in Asia. Please explain that on your map. It would seem, based on your map, I would have instead been forced over Russia. Flight times from various points 100% discredits your map.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This is hands down the strangest thing I've ever heard. Thank you though, for the thorough explanations of your beliefs. Now when someone asks me if I've ever met anyone who believes in a flat Earth I will say yes. If they ask why, I'll just tell them I don't know, as all the fantastical material is not something I can repeat.

You don't seem like a dumb person, maybe just stubborn in your beliefs, or maybe just pulling our legs - I'm not sure.

In any event you really should give it up. Sorry to say it's preposterously ridiculous, and makes you look quite foolish.

Cheers and have a good weekend.

eta: On second thought you must realize that none of your references are real. You are either attention-seeking, or that Schnitizel guy who wants to go write on his blog "I convinced ATS members the Earth is flat!" In that event, as they say -- "fail". Adios.

edit on 9/5/2015 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I am not interested in faked videos. I went to Asia, by a path that is impossible according to your map.

Explain how time zones work according to your map.
edit on 5-9-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Explain 12 hour flights to Antarctica and back from Australia, which according to your map should be about 20-30 hours one way, so the trip should take about 40+ hours.

www.antarcticaflights.com.au...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Any rebuttal to the AUS to ANT flights?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't pretend to have all the answers about the Flat Earth. I just know that there is enough evidence to say conclusively that it is not a sphere.
You guys can choose to believe what you will, no skin off my nose.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I just know that there is enough evidence to say conclusively that it is not a sphere.

I disagree. There is far more evidence which says conclusively that it is a sphere. But you choose to ignore that evidence. There is a name for that.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I don't pretend to have all the answers about the Flat Earth. I just know that there is enough evidence to say conclusively that it is not a sphere.
You guys can choose to believe what you will, no skin off my nose.

It's 100% impossible for it to be flat and the flights I linked you to exist. It must be a sphere. There is no other explanation.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
no i do not. i have no information to refute you. I have only been studying the idea of the Flat Earth for the past 6 months, trying to purge myself of years of indoctrination and lies.

I do know that if the earth is a globe, the pilot will have to adjust his level on a consistent basis or he will end up heading out to space. If the earth is spinning eastward at 1000 mph at the equator, it would be very difficult to land on a moving runway.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

If a car is barreling down the road at 100mph is it hard to stay in the seat? It's the same answer as to why it's not hard to land on that runway.

You will never find a FE answer to my question, it's an impossibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
1 problem with your math (OP)

The earth is not a perfect sphere its a tad bit "squashed"

So the curvature measurements are different at each longitude..

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I do know that if the earth is a globe, the pilot will have to adjust his level on a consistent basis or he will end up heading out to space.

Why? Why would the force of gravity vary across a globe?
Remember, lift vs gravity? Unless gravity got weaker for some reason, or the amount of lift produced changed, altitude would remain the same.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I just know that there is enough evidence to say conclusively that it is not a sphere.

I disagree. There is far more evidence which says conclusively that it is a sphere. But you choose to ignore that evidence. There is a name for that.

Show me 1 real photograph of a spherical earth. Not CGI, Not Doctored. 1 True photograph.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Show me 1 real photograph of a spherical earth. Not CGI, Not Doctored. 1 True photograph.

Heh. Right.
You won't accept any image from space, will you? Because according to you, space travel is a lie, right?

The confirmation basis is strong with you.

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Heh. Right.
You won't accept any image from space, will you? Because according to you, space travel is a lie, right?

The confirmation basis is strong with you.
You said there was evidence. Show me. 1 true photograph.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

We can show you a million, what is to stop you from saying they are fake? I already showed you FE must be wrong, and proved to you the Earth is spherical.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Scientists and i use that term very loosely, can't even agree on what shape the earth is. first they tell us it is a sphere.
Then out comes someone telling us it is a oblate spheroid.
A few months ago, DeGrasse was saying it is shaped more like a pear, than a sphere. Which one is telling us the truth?
BEHOLD!!! Your Earth!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join