It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking this photo and effectively throwing a "curve-ball" at the Globe Earth myth.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: occrest
No, i have not come across that information.

How do you account for the location of Polaris matching one's latitude in the Northern hemisphere?

Why is it not visible to the Southern hemisphere?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: occrest

There is no gravity, only density, and magnetic attraction/repulsion.

Huh, let me know when I can start falling up then, 'kay?
it won't happen, and you know that. your mass is more dense than the air around you, therefore you will stay on the ground. the only way to counter the density of the mass is to add lift and thrust, which is how aeroplanes fly, or have you forgotten that?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Why did Felix fall?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: GanjaGuy
I'm convinced there's deception a foot...

The OP was actually correct on this one point.

Thanks to a few of Darwin's followers...

In fact, the flat earth story is a myth, propagated by academics in order to paint their adversaries falsely as fools. It’s a politically motivated lie—just like Global Warming theory.

The Flat Earth is a myth

Did you get that? The real reason why the "flat earth" myth persists is because of a deliberate and deceitful effort by Darwinists to propagate it in order to discredit Christians. The truth about the earth was known and accepted - until Darwinists set off on an anti-Christian propaganda campaign to muddy the waters. Long discredited myths (invented by Darwinists!) are trotted out as a matter of course.

The Recycling Of Anti Christian Mythology

But the story is totally false. It was pure fiction until it was turned into a phony historical claim by late-19th century Darwinists who used it to slander Christians.

Matthew Paul Reves' Amazon review

The pseudo-historical propaganda of Draper and White has been thoroughly discredited by twentieth-century historians. Apparently, however, Graur doesn't read much history. Instead, he unknowingly caricatures critics of Darwinism on the basis of a myth that the Darwinists themselves fabricated.

Not The Flat Earth Myth Again!

The flat-earth myth...a very successful attempt to discredit creationists. To discredit their critics Darwinists needed support, and since the evidence for the creation of all life by natural means was non-existent then other means were sought. The few writings of those who claimed the Church suppressed science, especially the flat-earth claims, were exploited by the foes of creationism.

The flat-earth myth was created by intellectuals in their attempt to discredit Darwin sceptics. This ploy indicates the lack of persuasive scientific evidence for Darwinism that existed at that time in history. Darwinists, secularists and others saw the flat-earth myth as a ‘powerful weapon’ against sceptics.

The flat-earth myth and creationism

So where on earth did this idea that Columbus would sail off the edge of the earth come from? Apparently it originated in the mind of Washington Irving in an 1828 fictional book he wrote about Columbus. That the idea caught on in the minds of people is obvious but how did this fantasy get elevated to truth in the classroom? According to historian Jeffrey Russell it was a deliberate attempt by a few historians and academics of the day to discredit Christians who were resistant to the new evolutionary theories of Darwin.

The Flat Earth - A Lesson To Us All

The idea that the earth is flat is a modern concoction that reached its peak only after Darwinists tried to discredit the Bible, an American history professor says.

Who invented the idea of a flat Earth?

Both J.B. Russell and Gould argue that Draper and White had an agenda to discredit Christians who opposed the then-new theories of Darwin as ‘flat earthers’. Nothing much has changed!

Flat earth myth

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

the only way to counter the density of the mass is to add lift and thrust, which is how aeroplanes fly, or have you forgotten that?

No. Not at all. In fact in order to engage in my favorite avocation, I have to make use of that. Hang gliding, gravity powered flight. Gravity is my power source. But it has nothing to do with magnetism.

What keeps the atmosphere in place, btw?

edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

No, i have not come across that information.

How do you account for the location of Polaris matching one's latitude in the Northern hemisphere?

Why is it not visible to the Southern hemisphere?

To be honest, I can't tell you. I don't know if it can be seen or not, as i have never been south of the equator. I would imagine that it is beyond the line of convergence of ones line of sight where the land/sky meets. Just a guess here, mind you.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

What keeps the atmosphere in place, btw?
The firmament, where the sun, moon and stars are located.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
It's something you really should look into then. I've never seen any way to reconcile this with a flat Earth.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I don't know if it can be seen or not, as i have never been south of the equator.
But you can't see quantum effects and yet you accept that they occur because, you computer works.

I would imagine that it is beyond the line of convergence of ones line of sight where the land/sky meets.

Ah, so that only works in a north/south orientation.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
where are the edges?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid
Actually, The Bible is a Flat Earth book, as explained by this fella.

There are many, many scriptures which tell of a flat earth.
Flat Earth Scriptures

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

That would be Antarctica.
Because no one can go there to reveal the truth. Except, they can.
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That can only be one edge. A flat Earth would have to have edges all around it. Otherwise it's a sphere with a hole at one end. So Antarctica is one edge, the other 3? North, East, West edges?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ahh, right. That ball thingy.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I don't know if it can be seen or not, as i have never been south of the equator.
But you can't see quantum effects and yet you accept that they occur because, you computer works.

I would imagine that it is beyond the line of convergence of ones line of sight where the land/sky meets.

any direction away from the center of a flat earth is south.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Ahh, right. That ball thingy.
Actually, it is a dome.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Oh. Sorry.
Where do the stars go after they set and before they rise?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Murgatroid
Actually, The Bible is a Flat Earth book, as explained by this fella.

There are many, many scriptures which tell of a flat earth.
Flat Earth Scriptures

I looked through, I saw no flat Earth scriptures. Geocentric =/= flat

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

any direction away from the center of a flat earth is south.

Please explain how I left the US, went WEST, and landed in Asia, according to your map.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
Your flight crew is in on the deception.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join