It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking this photo and effectively throwing a "curve-ball" at the Globe Earth myth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr
Man, your avatar is FN SWEET, dude!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Here is a very good video explaining what would happen If it was flat.

Don't see this happening so It isn't flat.
Good video though.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I been telling you guys this all along! it means that the Earth is FLAT DUDE!

No actually, wouldn't it lend itself to the computer simulation theory? That our reality is actually a computer simulation ala Nick Bostrom?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So...the Sun is round, the Moon is round, all the other planets are round...but the Earth is flat. Damn. We're not part of the "in" crowd.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
So...the Sun is round, the Moon is round, all the other planets are round...but the Earth is flat. Damn. We're not part of the "in" crowd.

They rotate as well with an axis we can identify through observation. You can do this in your own backyard without NASA.

And we can see that they have an orbit. It's complicated, but once the calculations are done we can see we exist inside a 3d space and the other planets along with Earth are moving around in it around the sun.

You must admit it's a lot of tricky by God to make us think things are 3d and planets are ellipsoidal. And the tricks don't end there. There're probably a million billion zillion other things someone can mention.
edit on 9/5/2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The earth is flat. Ohh wait...What year is it now?
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whenever I come across someone who claims the earth is flat or the sun revolves around the earth (there is a high chance they would believe both) I have to restrain myself from asking what their political affiliation is.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The Earth is indeed flat. My puppy fell off the edge yesterday, and I had to hang on to the edge to pull her back up. Good thing she had her leash on. It was terrifying. I did take the opportunity to glance downwards though, and what I observed is too terrifying to recall. But what was surprising is how thin it is. Not unlike a deep-dish pizza.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
One thing that really keeps me up at night, is that the bottom of the Pacific will erode and wear through, and all the water will fall out the hole. Then we will really be in a pickle.

link   
a reply to: dragonridr

I absolutely agree and have since found out the details of my original photo. That's why I posted here. To help me see what I've missed and how we can find the truth together!

So as you said this photo was in fact taken 37 Mi away while sailing.
The absolute tallest point on their boat is 18 feet above the water level.
Since there is relatively no large difference is the elevation of both Chicago and St. Joseph, I didn't think to account for it in my measurements.

With this new info, we can see that if the old lady scrambled up to the tallest point on their boat, anything less than 205 M is still hidden. Although it's tough to know which of the smaller buildings your'e actually looking at to confirm their heights, we know how tall willis tower is so 442-205= just about everything below the midpoint should be hidden.

Thanks again for your input.

link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Did you see the turtle?
Could you determine its gender?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
curve of Earth is 8 inches per mile

60mi * 8in = 480in = 40 foot

wiki shows St Jo at 630 ft and Chicago at 578 at lake. St Jo is looking down a bit.

Why would anything over 40 foot above ground level not be visible?

edit on 9/5/2015 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Close my man but just a tad off. the calculation for curvature is 8in times the distance squared. As long as you're measuring from the same start point.

You're saying 8X=inches curvature
But that describes a straight line

8xsquared= inches of curvature

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
ATS has jumped the shark. Again.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ah been moved to the correct forum.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Ahhhhhh yes, very nice scientific point.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I invite you to the edge of the Earth to see for yourself. A man with your inquisitive nature deserves a look-see.
Do bring a parachute or one will be provided for you. If you need to borrow my puppy for courage, you may. She appears to be fearless in 'edge' exploration.

Godspeed! Godspeed our brave one.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Remember guys, I never said anything about what I believe the earths shape to be.

I'm using their numbers, their math, their science...
To question observations made multiple times in reality.

If YOU think you know the shape of the earth show us some proof.
Otherwise all we can do is deconstruct established info.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GanjaGuy

the calculation for curvature is 8in times the distance squared.

False. Why would the curvature be proportionate to the square of the distance? Do you think the Earth is a parabola...or something?

mathcentral.uregina.ca...
edit on 9/5/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: GanjaGuy

Hello kitty says it is a sphere.

So does Walter.

edit on 5-9-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join