It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im not Racist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Ive been told its impossible
I think that is a pathetic excuse used by people who want to justify what racism they have

We are human-beings, this has always been my view and it will never change.

"So if you were locked in a room with dozens of skin tones other then your own you would be comfortable?"

Thats irrelevant
Im uncomfortable in a room full of skin tones like me because I have social anxiety

I would much rather hide in my shell and communicate with people online because I dont have to be physically in the room with them

I live in a gated community where I am the only one of my skin tone
Should I be worried?
Why?
Id be more afraid of my own skin tones they are the ones who always hurt me

Oh by the way
I have some bad news
If you are trying to guess my skin tone
You're probably racist

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This site has been so much like Stormfront the last 3 weeks it's not been worth visiting.

I doubt I'm the only one to notice it...
& I'm sure a lot of people have avoided joining up as well.

The site is full of racists.

They believe if they're subtle enough they'll not be noticed.
Note: You are noticed. Daily. You racists.

Oh and by the way, unless you think the shoe fits, don't respond to me with any "buts" or "ifs".

Just wear it Cinderella.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Elysian

It's not at all impossible. Racists just say that so they feel less like cretins.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Just wear it Cinderella.

This line
Why have I never heard it and am I permitted to use it?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

Just wear it Cinderella.

This line

Of course you may, Elysian.

I hope it resonates with the bigots everytime too.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elysian

Just wear it Cinderella.

This line

Of course you may, Elysian.

I hope it resonates with the bigots everytime too.

I hope so to but I intend to conquer the known world with it

#ElysianForDictator *cough* I mean Ruler *clears throat* .... I need to fire my Writer

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Let's change the word racist for hater

We have more than our fair share of haters, be it anti Israel, anti gay,anti religion, anti whatever, pick a category we've got haters for it. That's fine, it's what makes us tick, what makes us ATS.

At the end of the day when a member needs help, regardless in my experience, the ATS community puts aside it's differences and comes together for the common good.

And that's what makes us different

When the need arises we are a united community, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cody

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

This site has been so much like Stormfront the last 3 weeks it's not been worth visiting.

Oh and by the way, unless you think the shoe fits, don't respond to me with any "buts" or "ifs".

Just wear it Cinderella.

It's been like it for the 7 or so years I've been here.
It has it's ups and downs but there is always a hardcore of awful, racist, hateful, xenophobic a holes on this site.

Always will be

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I live in Yoshkar-Ola, Russia. The most frequently asked question I hear is: "who are you in the context of your descent?" or simply "what ethniCity are you?". I used to answer: It's difficult for me to answer this, cos' I don't know what concept of ethnicity means. I have Russian sitizenship, my native language is Russian too, what ethnisity - don't know, haven't got genetic test results yet" In most cases inquisitiveness only boosts: "Yes, you're right bro, but still: who are you by ethnicity after all?.."
Pfffff... May be they await me to confess "I'm jewish", but I wouldn't

edit on 5-9-2015 by Boticelli because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Boticelli

I'm not Jewish but my kids are, and very proud of them I am.

Surely it's time to move away from labels of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation and just see the person in front of us.

Just my thoughts

Cody

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
It's just as possible to not be bothered by one's origins as it is to be bothered by them. People who can't fathom why you see all people as identical in a social context haven't bothered to try so themselves, that's all.

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: Boticelli

Surely it's time to move away from labels of race, creed, colour, sexual orientation and just see the person in front of us.

Just my thoughts

Cody

And good thoughts those are! However, I have to implore people to not throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to ethnicity/origins. That is a doorway question for me, on two fronts. I can better understand who someone does something different if it's been a tradition in their family since great-great-great grandparent XYZ from ABC country/region. You touch on a little bit of cultural history there. It's also the gateway to hearing about cultures you've never heard of before, regions you'd never look twice at, histories you'd pass up looking in to, languages & variants you never knew were there.

Asking about one's ethnicity should never be the basis for racism, be it perceived or intended. It should be the gateway to learning about global history, all of those little crevasses of it.
edit on 9/5/2015 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Hispanic? Lol

Good points.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
too many exotic women out there to ever artificially limit oneself.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

"So if you were locked in a room with dozens of skin tones other then your own you would be comfortable?"

Race is nothing more than what we make of it...

Many years ago, one of my mom's best friends helped me get a job at the bank where she was a manager. She was a Black woman. A couple weeks after I started, she called the new employees -- there were a few of us -- into the conference room for fingerprinting. After we were all gathered, she told me -- with a mischevious grin -- " Ahhh, every White person's nightmare: Alone in a room full of Black people." It took me a sec to realize that everyone else was indeed Black... and every one had kinda gasped and held their breath until she and I burst out laughing. She then explained that she had known me before I was old enough to know myself, everyone relaxed, and the rest of the fingerprinting session was alot of fun. In today's PC environment, that would never fly. But then, we all left that room good friends.

Thanks for prompting happy memories of a wonderful woman I am blessed to have known

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Asking about one's ethnicity should never be the basis for racism, be it perceived or intended. It should be the gateway to learning about global history, all of those little crevasses of it.

Bravo

Nuff said

Cody

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Just wear it Cinderella.

This is one thing about conspiracy sites generally, especially ones with conservative majorities (ATS, Infowars, etc). I've definitely noticed that any racial related topics bring the racists and bigots out of the woodwork.

Based just on an epic discussion I had on Infowars where countless people were saying racist things, I'm not sure I am interested in visiting that site much anymore.

The other major frustration is that anything with global cooperation, UN, environment, climate change, etc, will bring a similar number of anti-science and anti-international law or super nationalistic people out, which similarly corresponds with hyper-conservative tendencies. It's the whole "Agenda 21 and Sustainable Development are evil!!!!" crowd.
edit on 5-9-2015 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join