It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World beard day! Share you beards and related stories with pride.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Apparently the Saturday in september is world beard day.

I thought some of our hairier members might enjoy joining in so started this thread.

From the website

"World Beard Day Facts

– In southern Spain, many townships gather to witness a boxing match between a bearded man and a beardless boy. The bearded man, normally armed with a sharp pike, is typically the victor.

– In the Swedish village of Dönskborg, anyone without a beard is banished from the town and forced to spend twenty-four hours in a nearby forest. Back in the town, the hirsute burn effigies of their clean-chinned loved ones.

– The exact origins of World Beard Day are unknown, but there is some evidence to suggest that Danish Vikings had a special day dedicated to the glorification of beards as far back as 800 AD. The event was not held on a fixed date, and was often celebrated hundreds of times each year. This early incarnation of what would one day become World Beard Day typically involved the ransacking of neighbouring towns, villages and countries by large groups of heavily-armed bearded men.

– Throughout the world, bearded communities are encouraged to acknowledge this sacred day by organising and staging their own public or private World Beard Day celebrations. These can consist of anything from a relaxing family lunch to a lavish, tax payer-funded street parade.

– Shaving on World Beard Day is universally considered to be highly disrespectful."

Link to site

IMAGE REMOVED BY STAFF

edit on 12-9-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Does this mean I can forbid my man from trimming his beard today. I am a sucker for facial hair. While my husband sports a modest amount of neatly trimmed facial hair, I wouldn't mind if let it grow out a little.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Apparently it is bad form to shave today so be sure to let him know

Also I would sugest you encourage him to try a bigger beard, they are aqward at first but become most satisfying as you get used to them, I coulden't imagine life without mine now.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
You mean I don't have to pluck my depleting-estrogen-old-lady-chin-whiskers today ??

Sweet !!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Not only that but you should wear them with great pride!

Maybe give them a gentle brush and a nice conditioner as a treat

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Oops, I had my first wet razor shave for about 4 years today, I normally only cut grade 0 with my hair clippers, fancied feeling a smooth face for a change.
Don't really like it though.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: calstorm
Does this mean I can forbid my man from trimming his beard today. I am a sucker for facial hair. While my husband sports a modest amount of neatly trimmed facial hair, I wouldn't mind if let it grow out a little.

I misread this..

I thought you were saying your man has a beard, meanwhile your husband refuses to grow facial hair!

Admitting you have a bearded lover cos you can't get your facial hair kicks at home.
lol

I had to read it twice. I can't get my other half to trim his to make it a little less unwieldy.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I have had a beard since the end of the eighties. It can take a while to get one right. My friend has ZZ Top style beard. I keep mine trimmed because I work in a professional setting.

I have joked many times with parents and people watching a patient come out of a sedation that the patient will see double from the meds. Being portly by 25 pounds, I say I wear my beard to prevent me from having four chins to the patient.

Helps keep you warm in the winter too...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Thanks for the reminder! I had forgotten about this.
I'm now 26, I've had my beard since I was 15 and will never lose it!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Nice beard!

Your sunglasses however are rubbish, I would get yourself a newer more stylish pair as soon as possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
youtu.be...
Obey the beard!

While I will not be sharing a pic, please trust my beard is glorious! Along with my long hair!

If someone will help with the embed I'm sure Psychostick will appreciate it... I watched them at the Dallas Gaming Expo this year... Had no idea.. Their version of Danger Zone is epic, along with Because Boobs!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Oi! Nonspecific.

You see that lovely trimmed beard on MDpvc?

That's a lovely beard.

Now please I implore you make yours as neat.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: wastedown

There you go buddy

edit on 5/9/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsNonSpecific

Oi! Nonspecific.

You see that lovely trimmed beard on MDpvc?

That's a lovely beard.

Now please I implore you make yours as neat.

As I said before if you cannot see it without the use of something reflective then it is not a beard, you just haven't shaved for a few days.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My beard helps get me roles in movies like this & Being a halfassed actor helps some....

www.youtube.com...

Happy Labor Day!!! Union Proud, Union Strong......enjoy your weekend!

www.sagaftra.org...

edit on 5-9-2015 by olaru12 because: #%^Y#YN

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
31 yo now, had a beard since I was 18.

Here it is a few weeks ago, it is much more scraggly now.

Edit: My sunglasses are much more fashionable than the fellow above.
edit on 5-9-2015 by Excallibacca because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

edit on 5-9-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsNonSpecific

Thank you!
My boss let's me keep it as long as want, as long as its clean. Otherwise I have to take down real close.

Two things I would highly recomend, a good leave in conditioner, applied after showering. I use Garnier Sleek & Shine. And I've had good luck with small amounts of Waxelene. It's a beeswax creme that I actually found at CVS. It's just organic soy oil, beeswax, vitamin E, and Rosemary oil to make it smell nice! Other than that, I just hit it with the scissors for like 2 seconds every day or two to take out the "fly aways"

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
You mean I don't have to pluck my depleting-estrogen-old-lady-chin-whiskers today ??

Sweet !!

Get some oil for those things!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
sadly, no beard for me anymore.
ive had a beard most of my adult but no full beards at work.
not i have to rock the bars
its my second fav look though

top topics

<<   2 >>

join