It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researchers say chimp planned attack on a passing drone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
apparently chimps don't like drones either.

"The use of the stick as a weapon in this context was a unique action," study author and primatologist Jan van Hooff said in a statement. "It seemed deliberate, given the decision to collect it and carry it to a place where the drone might be attacked
Researchers say chimp planned attack on a passing drone

i thought this was funny and also showed that they do think and work things out.

edit on 5-9-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

This is too funny.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

i thought it was.
chimps said, damn that buzzin a@@ thing, lets whack it down.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

So Planet of the Apes is now a documentary?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Heh,I don't blame Her..Golf clap for the Chimp everyone.

edit on 5-9-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

the chimp revolution is upon us, beware

edit on 5 9 2015 by Ozsheeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Next thing governments sign chimps on the list of global terrorists and starts chasing them down. Will we see those thug chimps posted on news and walls to be look out for.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

The chimp has my vote for POTUS. Clearly he understands the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose
The chimp has my vote for POTUS. Clearly he understands the Constitution.

Pretty sad when Zippy the Chimp understands our rights better than many humans.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
proving once again that the differences between humans and chimps aren't that different. we all find it oh so irritating to have the dang things flying within our private spaces!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Good for Ms Chimp. I look forward to her posting on these threads as she clearly has her own point of view. Brilliant, bring in the chimps and we will unitedly beat the bas--rds who think its OK to spy on us with drones.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

Pigeons have been arrested as spies before!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Be probably saw it as a big bug, a dangerous one. They look very similar if you think about it....

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Bonzo Goes Ape Sh*t! Live at 5!

That chimp, Tushi, would probably have a blast with a good flame thrower. She just needs the right tools...

In the article it says that Jan van Hooff, primatologist, said, "It seemed deliberate, given the decision to collect it and carry it to a place where the drone might be attacked...”. Well no sh*t, Sherlock. I thought we already knew chimps were at least that smart. It’s already been shown that chimps often beat humans in computer games involving strategy.

It strikes me as odd that the public is only now starting to discover that other animals can think, too. I know there are research studies like Koko the guerilla, and also numerous dolphin studies, but it seems like we (the public, in general) still give most of the rest of the animal kingdom a lot less credit than is due when it comes to things like conscious awareness, feelings, etc. A lot of folks still believe most animals are void of any ability to think, or feel, or experience life in any personal sense. Maybe that’s why we find it so easy to kill other animals as sport.

At any rate, 2 points for Tushi!!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
That dude looks like Koba.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
How do you know the chimp was annoyed, and not just curious?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

oh i don't know maybe the way they ran around on the ground, looking at it or the way they screamed and screeched.
either way they showed a thinking process.

per the article.

Primatologists say the chimps' faces showed exertion, not fear, so their drone-hunting was cold-blooded not panicked. They had a plan. And they executed it.
"The use of the stick as a weapon in this context was a unique action," study author and primatologist Jan van Hooff said in a statement. "It seemed deliberate, given the decision to collect it and carry it to a place where the drone might be attacked."

top topics

join