It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

indonesia getting Su35,s.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caughtlurking
a reply to: Blackfinger

Bet the f-35 would blow you away if you ever saw it in action. there shouldn't be any problem getting the su-35 operational, it's a 4th gen aircraft and has 30 years of track record. I'd also put my money on the f-35 in any engagement once it reaches FOC.

True story right there.

The F-35 is a studster for sure.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
You took the words right out of my mouth.

What IS a slap in the face is crying poor mouth about being unable to upgrade the C-130's it already had and was actually well capable of doing, taking free ones from Australia which were refurbished and then constantly criticizing said donor over issues that they themselves have a FAR worse track record on.

There is nothing wrong with buying from multiple sources to get the best mix, and choosing not to put all your eggs in one basket, nor blindly aligning yourself with any one sphere of influence.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
SE Asia is a very interesting place to be these days: Russia is acting as a foil to America everywhere, but in SE Asia, it is helping China AND nations who are building up forces to counter the rise of the PRC, of which Indonesia is one.

Australia will be watching this development closely...

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

once it reaches FOC

Thats the telling statement..I agree its a true Thoroughbred with a bag of tricks that would leave a lot of Mig drivers scratching their heads.but...

once it reaches FOC

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Actually, given the likely players in that sphere, you may well see Su-27/30/35 vs Su-27/30/35 or Chinese copies, rather than F-35 vs Russian machines. That would be one for the books...

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Borys

It would take a combine effor to match China's numbers. Any overwhelming commitment of Chinese assets would really leave them vulnerable on their northern, western, and eastern borders. China could easily overwhelm those countries by numbers though. None of the countries involved really have the logistical train to support a long range offensive operation without using special forces to take over airfields and establish FOBs.

Thats what's really impressive about the usaf, they have the tankers and aircraft to offensively overwhelm whoever they want when they want really.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Caughtlurking

Quantity is a quality all its own, indeed. Makes me wonder something silly - wouldn't we all be safer if every SE Asian nation had around 200 nuclear warheads floating around the back shed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join