It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Come They Never Show A Pharaohs Head?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree
Oh jeez... so you're another one of those 'i'll take any exciting answer over anthropology and archaeology' people...

You didnt even bother to study about head binding before posting. That's just plain ignorant. Volumes of work exist on it. Many cultures used head binding, it's one of a thousand way to create a mark of distinction, makes the head appear larger even though its the same capacity.

How exactly can they depict "strange lights" in hieroglyphs? Are there LEDs in Abydos that I missed?

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

So what. And there are strange pictures of lights.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
There is little to no evidence of the practice of head binding in ancient Egypt.

IIRC, one skull is about it - and it's not any pharaoh.

Harte

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree
a reply to: Ridhya

So what. And there are strange pictures of lights.

link, or delusion
the choice is yours

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
The Pharoahs didn't disappear, their dynasties were constantly in flux, and then the Macedonians came along, and then the Romans came along, and that was it for the Pharoahs.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

The Pharoahs didn't disappear, their dynasties were constantly in flux, and then the Macedonians came along, and then the Romans came along and then they moved to Hollywood, after that Caesars palace, Las Vegas
These days they're hanging out on U.S. cable network Spike

en.wikipedia.org...(miniseries)

edit on 6-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
the pharaohs are homo capensis and are found around the world. Search for Paracas skulls. 30 percent larger brain, two parietal plates instead of the human three, and two small holes in the top back of the skull, either neural pathway or arterial. Non human. the head shape is not head binding, which cannot cause increased brain size. They moved from Egypt to the Vatican and banking. Likely they were mankinds controllers, but may have been replaced by draconians..aka reptilians which are better war managers.
An accurate xray or ct scan would reveal the non human plates and holes...someone or thing is preventing this. or maybe no one is looking.
ok this is speculation...but not out of thin air. the big show will commence...sept 22 25 around the UN, the Pope, and Obama. look for evidence there.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Anyone that has ever followed Egypt has seen what I am talking about. Link it yourself.

(post by soulpowertothendegree removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There are many ancient civilizations that disappeared, not just the Egyptian dynasties and the pharaohs. Many of them were here one day and gone the next.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Marduk

Anyone that has ever followed Egypt has seen what I am talking about. Link it yourself.

You made the claim, so you must post the link
Otherwise...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

There are many ancient civilizations that disappeared, not just the Egyptian dynasties and the pharaohs. Many of them were here one day and gone the next.

such as ?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
One could say another reason the pharaoh's disappearance was because the rise of monotheism.

Yeah there were other factors, but Christianity, and Islam both played their parts.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The Pope wears a hat that seems the most similar to that of the pharaohs.
Just an observation.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just wanted to check that everyone posting in this thread realised that the term Pharaoh was only in use from the reign of Thutmose III (circa 1479–1425 BCE) and up to the Macedonian conquest in 323BCE
en.wikipedia.org...
All the other rulers were kings,

originally posted by: charlyv
The Pope wears a hat that seems the most similar to that of the pharaohs.
Just an observation.

Wrong culture, the popes hat is actually modelled on the hats of the Mesopotamian priesthood, who modelled theirs after the fisherman of Eridu, Adapa, via the Greek church.

edit on 7-9-2015 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

In every picture depicting a Pharaoh, I have never seen one without a headdress.

And in every royal portrait, the royals are always shown wearing the robes and fancy clothes they wore for formal occasions. No mystery there.

I have searched and I have wondered why?

Because status matters, that's why. The crowns are all signs of their station and nobility. That's like asking why Kim Kardashian insists on doing the same pose, the same makeup, and having the same look on her face in literally every picture of her you'll find. It's because the image is really important, especially for a ruler. And that trend only starts once they ascend the throne. Take a look at carvings and papyrii of princes and princesses. You'll note they don't have that whole gotta-have-a-headdress thing going on.

What are they hiding under those strange looking contraptions?

Lice and hereditary deformities from a millenia of brother-cousins and sister-wives. Nothing hidden, though. You can easy see their bare, unadorned heads openly on display. Just do a quick Google search, and you'll find plenty of Pharonic mummies, none of whom have anything special out they head (well, other than mild to moderate deformity from said sister slamming brother cousins).

They are not crowns obviously, but yet, the Pharaohs are the only ones I see wearing these things.

Cause they crowns. It's very well documented they be crowns. The better question is what would lead you to think they aren't?

And where did the Pharaohs disappear too?

They met roughly the same fate as Saddam Hussein and Muammar al-Qadaffi. Though probably without the noose... or the anal violation.

I just think the whole dynastic existence went poof one day.

No... Dynastic Egypt had a pretty well documented, relatively slow, tumultuous decline thanks to wars and over-extension of the realm.

Like they decided they did all they needed to do and took off.

Or like those pesky Greeks, Romans, and Persians looked at Egypt and were like "Gimmi!!!!1!1!!!11"

I have seen some articles recently that suggest evidence they were of a dna not normal to this earthly existence.

And they're just as credible as the nutters running around calling a Bosnian mountain a pyramid. With energy.

Maybe that is contrived

Spot on, just nix the maybe in there.

... but it does seem strange that nowhere in any recorded history I have seen is there an actual pictograph or drawing, or statue that shows the Pharaohs of any period without their weird things on their head.

The same is true of pretty much all imperial regalia. Go ahead and find me a picture of a world leader not doing their best to look impressive. You'll notice it's damn hard to do. You're over-thinking this.

This obviously is not the only strange thing about ancient Egypt.

Like the mystery of why Hathor felt the need to masturbate with the disembodied penis of Asar?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
How exactly can they depict "strange lights" in hieroglyphs? Are there LEDs in Abydos that I missed?

Yes! Thousands of them. And they still work after 4000 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   
nemes headdress looks like queen bee using hive mentality to me. a reply to: Ridhya

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A Rather Curious Point.
Explainable To Think Of A Pharaoh As A Politician more So Than A Ruler Leader Or God. To Remain Anonymous To The Population During The Term As Pharaoh So When The Term Has Ended The Cover Comes Off. The Once Was Pharaoh Returns To Society Without Risk Of Harm Which Says Those Times Were Times Of Dictatorship.

Probably Still The Case In Some Places.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Patshrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patshrick
A Rather Curious Point.
Explainable To Think Of A Pharaoh As A Politician more So Than A Ruler Leader Or God. To Remain Anonymous To The Population During The Term As Pharaoh So When The Term Has Ended The Cover Comes Off. The Once Was Pharaoh Returns To Society Without Risk Of Harm Which Says Those Times Were Times Of Dictatorship.

Probably Still The Case In Some Places.

Pharoah was Pharoah to the day he died. so you're right, when the term ended the "cover" came off, because it wouldn't fit under the bandages

top topics

<< 1   >>

join