It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papers please......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
To everyone who is planning on coming to Germany and renting a vehicle from SIXT might want to rethink it.

I live in Germany and for over ten years I have rented numerous vehicle (approx. 20 cars per year) from SIXT. So as usual I go online and reserve a car, the website clearly says what documents are required to rent a vehicle. I walk in and I am told since I am using an EC card (with online PIN) I must show an anmeldung form (a document from the German government showing my current address) because my German address is not inside my U.S. passport. I asked since when was this a requirement and I was told it has always been in effect. I explained that not one time in ten years has any SIXT rep asked for this document.

When a German rents a vehicle they are not required to bring this document.......only foreigners. I explained there are over 30,000 U.S. soldiers, U.S. government civilians and diplomats that do not have to register with the German government due to the 1949 SOFA agreement, so what about them? I was told they too must show this document.

I then asked what about those who fly in and want to pick up a rental car? I was told they too must show this document if they rent a vehicle with a EC card (with online PIN). For those who do not know what an EC card is .... it is easy cash and you get a pin number so you can instantly pay .... similar to a credit card. I could not find this information on their website but more importantly I find this to be discrimination.

I confronted Sixt about this issue and was told there is nothing that can be done. So I have moved on and found many other rental agencies who welcome my business and they don't say.........."Papers please"......this is what the NAZIS use to say when confronting people on the streets in WWII.

To all those foreigners living in Germany who have an EC card......don't use SIXT unless you have your papers in order......

Heil......

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
So I have moved on and found many other rental agencies who welcome my business and they don't say.........."Papers please"......this is what the NAZIS use to say when confronting people on the streets in WWII.

To all those foreigners living in Germany who have an EC card......don't use SIXT unless you have your papers in order......

Heil......

AT least you have a choice in providers...

After all of the freaking hoops, papers, patdowns, molestings, and insults we're subjected to where air travel and the TSA is concerned, what you're describing to pick up a rental car sounds downright friendly and easy.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
sounds like selective enforcement bud. My step dad rented from sixt and i dont recall him using my address to do it and i dont remember bringing my anmendlungsbescheinegung. Theres are power tripping jerks everywhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You can always pay cash. Take the EC card to an ATM and come back with cash and you´re good to go I think.

I can tell you the reason, many people think they´re clever when they order back the money to their EC card and companies fight to get their money back. Like many do with Paypal.

Send me a PM with the adress and name of that SIXT rental, I know two of the shareholders personally. If it´s just a power trip of that employee, he will be told to stop it.

Update: Are you sure you told us everything? I mean, everything.
edit on 5-9-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

join