It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIT Engineer: "I haven't showered in 12 years" -Uses Bacteria Spray to Keep Clean

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ghostrager
I have to drive by MIT today, I'll keep my nose out the window and see if I can spot him.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Those dreaded Wednesdays and Saturdays..
Also known as shower days! NOFX! Wrote this guy's theme song.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So that is okay for the body...what does he use to keep his hair with that body and bounce.

Then again seeing the pic he doesn't have that problem.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hey ladies, now there's a good find.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
bloody hell, im amazed how this thread turned, it started from a scientific experiment and you guys, the only thing you can come with is "hurr he probably never had a girlfriend" you guys are pathetic.
edit on Satpm25Sat, 05 Sep 2015 19:44:25 -05002015b201530 by Dasrobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I don't think the 'spray' contributed to his looks.

I had a teacher in college, psychology - eco-psychology specifcally, that didn't bathe either for water saving reasons he just washed the important bits every day - face, pits and crotch. We talked about it extensively in class one day and he said after the initial week of adjusting that you didn't smell and not just to yourself but to others. I can say he never had any body odor and was a pretty dapper gent.

In Japan after WWII, my mother told me, the American doctors would often recommend that their Japanese patients bathe less as it stripped the skin of valuable and protective bacteria.

In Nepal, from my daughter, when washing the poor the locals always told them just to wash the feet and leave the dirt elsewhere or the children would get sick.

I think this guy may be on to something important and with the every decreasing volumne of 'fresh' water in the world we need to ways to clean ourselves and our possesions.

Take a look at the website:

motherdirt.com...

edit on 5-9-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
IKNOW what it smells like not to bath for a while from Desert Storm,screw that smell.

Yeah...sometimes you're out in 'nature' for a few weeks with limited water, and I had PLENTY of skin bacteria by the smell.

Somewhere around two weeks I quit noticing it. But I still stink. I once sent a pair of FTX socks to Mom, because she didn't get the idea. Surprised that wasn't intercepted as a biological weapon.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Bedlam!!! Stop engineering anti bacterial soaps and go freaking take a shower!

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Bedlam!!! Stop engineering anti bacterial soaps and go freaking take a shower!

If nothing else, the Army will give you a new perspective.

I've had people ask me at work "Why are you so happy at 0400?", and my replies are something they probably find puzzling. Like "We're working inside, in AC", or "I'm not being shot at", "Hot showers, with soap" or "I get to sleep in a real bed shortly, after eating actual cooked food". And that's 20 years later.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nah, I was saying your avatar looks like the guy in the OP...

But yea I hear ya, I was in the army to brother cheers !

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Someone upthread said he looked like the bad guy in Green Lantern, which I have to agree with.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
No, I will continue taking my baths. I don't care what kind of spray they have invented. People can smell pretty bad after a few days.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I suppose this makes sense. Our ancestors most likely didn't bath everyday and they had healthy bacteria that had some kind of benefit for their skin.

Our ancestors did not live as long as we do.

And that was before GMO, and pharmaceuticals.

Showering people is the LEAST thing to be 'worried' about.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'd like to know if this mixture of bacteria is the same set that will cultivate on a skin when using just water without any detergent. I know that truth for a long time so I use only cold water when possible. There's still plenty of chlorine in it btw. When I feel greasy I know from the washing dishes that the hot water can dissolve the fat pretty good. Just the hair needs a shampoo. It may be done if I had plenty of demineralised water but even the tap water leaves iron and calcium on the hair and along with a dust trapped in fat and in frayed surface and it makes it hard to comb.
Hard summer training in a full camo will indeed teach you like nothing else that there's mostly just ammonia smell when you sweat out several gallons of water. Adding ammonia eating bacteria on a skin or on the clothes could do all the trick.
edit on 6/9/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

Someone upthread said he looked like the bad guy in Green Lantern, which I have to agree with.

I think he looks like part of the Cheney family. Can't do it on my phone but if someone would be willing to post a side by side that was done in photo shop or something of dick Cheney and this guy it would be pretty funny. Sorry for the thread drift op.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Some people do not like to get wet. This guy found a way around it. It is pathological on his part , even Jesus enjoyed a foot wash.

Imo, it is an imbalance of the senses, but then he is most assuredly locked into a mental state and not spiritually well.

Fire-water-earth-air and metal...

Think of Einstein, his best ideas came to him while taking a good soak...

AND, this guy is missing out on bathing with a lover, of purifying his energy field with the water element.

Sheeze I could go on.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

No oral sex for him!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
O geez....figures. This is the school my son wants to get into, since all of his cousins graduated from M.I.T.. Did it say what dept. this guy works in?? My sons going for astrophysists.....Wonder if he will run into this guy...lol

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager

Buuut.... as great as this all sounds. Here is the picture of the MIT grad that hasn't showered for 12 years.

On second thought, maybe I'll just stick to my showers.

lol..

Also, very likely fortunate for us that his image is not a Scratch-and-Sniff.

edit on 7-9-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well I think that it will all depend on what you do to how effective it would be. In my early work years I did construction and other dirty jobs where having a shower and washing your hair every night was a must. I haven't done any massively physical jobs for a lot of years now so the need to shower every time isn't as crucial. The thing I would miss would be the hydration of the skin just from the water.
For those that have commented on not washing your hair well I think if my calculations are correct I haven't washed my hair for well over ten years, I rinse it every time I shower but it is something I haven't done for extended periods of time. Every time I have been to have my hair cut I get compliments on how healthy it is, I have also since about the age of 16 been told I would go bald but it hasn't happened yet and I'm 44 yo. I have to wonder if the no cleaning products in my hair has helped keep it intact. Of course it will vary from person to person and hair length would probably be a factor as well, for many years I had hair down to the middle of my back which I never washed and it was thick and strong with no issues at all but I could see some females with long hair having problems.

I suppose in the end if it can be done then maybe it would be worth a try, it would definitely fill the saying of "shower in a can".

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join