It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pseudo-Philosophy and Mysticism

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Luckily we come equipped with other senses friend.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

But you don't see air. How can you believe in it if you can't see it? The same way I can believe in a spirit without seeing it, I have experienced it.

Have you ever meditated before? I assume not, otherwise you would have had a spiritual experience. There are places I've seen while meditating that the world has no idea about. But since you have not experienced it yourself you will say that all I saw was the back of my eyelids. You couldn't be any more wrong my friend.
edit on 9/4/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

I cannot rationally believe, nor can you rationally assert, that you have access to any hidden truth.

I can agree that only you have seen your own imagination and thoughts. I can also safely assume that the rest of the world has not seen the back of your eyelids.

But seeing involves the eyes. In other words, you cannot see any thing or any place anyone else can't see with their eyes. What you are speaking about is imagination, not sight. Yes, we can both look at a rock, but only you have access to your own imagination. Of course, you could describe these spiritual places you've seen, just like we can describe anything else we've seen, but I already know that you have not really seen anything. If I'm wrong, I implore you to describe these hidden places.

Blind men do not see anything. It would be foolish to say nothing exists to them.
edit on 5-9-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   

i agree

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

What is imagination then? How can such a thing exist in your worldview if it cannot be seen?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: earthling42

I'm glad we can communicate through Google translate, though I wonder how much is lost in translation. What is your language?

I think you're right, but I'm a little hesitant to fully agree. Wisdom is practical, but so is lying, deception and sophistry. I think there is an additional ethical component to wisdom, something like a devotion to truth for its own sake.

Theorizing can help refine knowledge, but not if the imagination has free reign to take us anywhere it pleases, like an unbridled horse. Some standard is necessary, or anything goes. (excuse the idioms, but maybe there are comparable phrases in your language).

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Imagination is a term we use, not a thing. Grammar isn't to be confused with reality.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I cannot rationally believe, nor can you rationally assert, that you have access to any hidden truth.

The truth is hidden in plain sight.

But seeing involves the eyes. In other words, you cannot see any thing or any place anyone else can't see with their eyes. What you are speaking about is imagination, not sight. Yes, we can both look at a rock, but only you have access to your own imagination.

Are eyes seeing what appears as imagination?

What is it that is seeing and knowing? Can the seer ever be seen, witnessed, known?
The hearer is never going to be heard. The seer is never going to be seen.

'What is looking is what you are looking for'. St Francis Assisi.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Many things look. A bird, for instance.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Many things look. A bird, for instance.

What is it that is seeing - can you actually see what is seeing in your experience?
You see what appears but can you see what is seeing the appearance?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The bible says - the truth is hidden in plain sight and St Francis Assisi says - 'What you are looking for is WHAT is looking'.
What do you think (with your wisdom) they mean by these statements?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

There is no appearance to see. When I see a banana, I see a banana, not the appearance of one.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   

The bible says many things. What do you say?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   

There is no appearance to see. When I see a banana, I see a banana, not the appearance of one.

Is there seeing happening when a banana is seen?
What is it that is seeing - can it be seen?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
The bible says - the truth is hidden in plain sight and St Francis Assisi says - 'What you are looking for is WHAT is looking'.
What do you think (with your wisdom) they mean by these statements?

Anything with eyes looks. A bird, for instance. Is that what I'm looking for?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I'm trying from today, to not talk about things I don't really know about, which will reduce my ATS contributions to very little if anything

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Seeing is an action performed by beings with eyes.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This text is here to be seen - can what is seeing it be seen?
What is it that is all seeing and all knowing and ever present?

link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
I'm trying from today, to not talk about things I don't really know about, which will reduce my ATS contributions to very little if anything

Then know what you're talking about.

link   

Seeing is an action performed by beings with eyes.

This is just words - have you looked to see what is seeing or are you just spouting words?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join