It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pitbull Without a Face: Khalessi Gets a New nose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Inquisitir

She was badly beaten and left for dead with half of her face cut off. But this week, Khalessi, the pit bull without a face, received a new nose.
It was the first of several surgeries for Khalessi the pit bull, who was found recently in Orlando, starving and badly abused.
The pit bull suffered broken ribs, has lost the use of her back legs which now drag behind her, and had her nose and jaw cut off.

Read more at www.inquisitr.com...

Man, I hate that people abuse dogs but I have much love for people that rehabilitate them. This poor dog Khalessi was found in Orlando seriously jacked up. It seems someone tortured her and left her to die. It could be easy to give up on a dog with a face like that, but not Dr. Kerri Slomcenski of the Hays Towne Veterinary Hospital. She performed a six hour surgery, and the dog is doing better. She plans on doing more surgeries for her, if she comes through fine. She needs surgery on her hind legs, which he has planned for her. She apparently ate her first meal she could actually smell in a long time. Kudos to Dr. Kerri Slomcenski and a pile of indignation sent to the torturer. Khalessi seems to be a strong dog with determination to live. I say go girl, hope you find a good home. And to the vet and foster adopter, Stephanie Paquin, may you both have mansions in the sky with lots of beautiful animals when you check out.

edit on 4/9/2015 by harvestdog because: he/she mixup

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Wow! Amazing and wonderful! I hope the surgeries are successful.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Forgot to add that this is her first time sleeping happily through her nose since her injuries. Her tongue used to block her nasal passage. Hope she is dreaming about eating beef bone marrow in some kingdom of her own. She's still pretty to me even with her disfigurement.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Very touching story. It's beautiful that there are people who will foster and help take care of these amazing dogs.

Those who bring harm to defenseless animals (and people) have a special place in hell reserved for them. It's appalling that the human being can be so violent and evil. Blessings to Khalessi and those two great peeps who took care of her.

Stories like this make me want to get involved, it's just so sad it might be too much to deal with though. My skin isn't thick enough.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog
Forgot to add that this is her first time sleeping happily through her nose since her injuries. Her tongue used to block her nasal passage. Hope she is dreaming about eating beef bone marrow in some kingdom of her own. She's still pretty to me even with her disfigurement.

She really is still pretty, look at her eyes! Is there nothing they can do about her back legs? I've seen wheelchair-like devices in the past - I really hope they can do something else for her

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I hope so too. They had a fund me fundraiser for her surgeries. They closed it down August 21 because they believed they had collected enough money for her vet bills. There is a foundation to help other dogs like her that is called Khalessi's Warrior Foundation. I think that may be a good cause to donate to.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

They are going to fix her face and breathing issues first. Then is she makes it through, they will begin surgery on her hind legs. They apparently were able to raise plenty of money for her surgeries. I love dogs and had to do about a years worth of weekends at the local shelter. It was pretty sad to be in there. It changed me as a person, seeing all of the adoptable dogs but watching them be put down one by one because people weren't adopting them. Especially pitbulls. There are a ton of them out here and they don't even make it two weeks in our local shelter.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This story truly breaks my heart... I just want to hug her, love on her, and show her that not all humans are such monsters.

God forbid I ever come across someone who does this to a dog.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

I know, there is someone torturing dogs out here in the Antelope Valley. Here's a link Fergus

The count is up to 7 now. The Golden Retriever in that story shows what love and forgiveness are all about. Acid poured on his back but he still loves people. Dogs are great and if I see someone do that to one, they better be sorry.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
What kind of monster would do that to a dog? I'm glad they're fixing her up. Hopefully whoever did it is paying for the crime.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Good on this doc and to hell with the people that abused the dog.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Animal abuse is so infuriating.
Such a shame that our 'incredibly advanced' species is so often lacking in empathy.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
What a sad, unfortunate case likely the throw away dog of the dog fighting circles. Happy she made it and very happy they worked out a face for her. As well as very happy, looks like these achievements in helping her can pave the way for other companion animals who need this kind of medical help to such as facial palettes(birth defects to abuse as seen in the story), prosthetic, etc., help.
edit on 4-9-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

join