It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPD officer confronted by crowd, punched, police say

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bringmecoffee

When I was a kid I had to move because my mother beat the # out of a cop who attempted to rape her and was afterwards stalked by police.

My grandfather was found beaten to death and robbed- same department covered it up, family doctor said he was pressured by police into illegally signing a death certificate that prevented a coroner's inquest from being required.

I've grown up watching videos of them beating teenagers to death.

I used to be a neo con, I was on their side, volunteered in their organizations, worked in their industry, heard them brag about their crimes.

Then there was the pedophile cop who abused his sons on my block and almost had me removed from my parents custody because they reported him

# the police- nobody can be trusted with that level of power. In the information age, we have the soft power to compel reasonable compliance without violence, even against those who will not go willingly. In the situations where people need emergency intervention police don't intervene anyway- they cordon off the area and protect themselves first. Don't need that kind of heroism personally

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: The Vagabond
a reply to: network dude

People who carry guns don't enjoy any moral protection in my book. If you can stand ready to kill me because in your mind I might pose a threat, what is the moral distinction between us that makes it wrong for me to take the same posture? That your job is necessary to keep America from becoming the gun violence crime of the civilized world... Oh wait couldn't be that.

I carry a gun. I don't do it so I can kill anyone I want, and I don't do it to be cool. I do it because God forbid, one day it becomes necessary to use it to protect my family or even someone like you.

In the Utopian world you seem to have in your head, are all guns gone, or just the cops guns?

It's a damn shame that a thread like this where an officer of the law, responds to a situation, and DOESN'T use his weapon or un-needed force still brings out the hate and vitriol pent up in those "non violent" posters. It really solidifies your point.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

When I was about 12, I rode my bike about 7 miles away to cut a lawn and do some yard work. On my way back, a group of black kids on work detail from Juvenal hall stopped me and took the money I made that day.

So based on that, I suppose it's cool for me to ASSume all blacks are thugs who would rob you given the chance right?

It sucks for you that you dealt with some bad police officers. It also sucks that you can't differentiate between your experience and the rest of the world. I hear it's a kind of big place.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

The idiots think this is bad now?

Wait till they start killing officers more and doing more stuff like this........then they will get martial law

Idiots cant see passed their own stupidity and bigotry enough to know that the direction they are heading is far far worse

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

It's a damn shame that a thread like this where an officer of the law, responds to a situation, and DOESN'T use his weapon or un-needed force still brings out the hate and vitriol pent up in those "non violent" posters. It really solidifies your point.

Same thing happened to me when I posted about a 20k march for All lives matter , that happened in Birmingham, the biggest one they have had there since Martin Luther King Jr. It was beautiful with Tens of thousands from all walks coming together in a show of peace and unity and to raise money to help people over seas......

What happened? hateful people tore the thread apart......

Just like this thread

people are backwards now, good is bad and bad is good, people cannot parse whats right and wrong.

THey need a "cause" to feel important no matter how misguided it is

"And mens hearts will fail them" I usually dont quote bible verse but..........its becoming more and more apparent that verse is happening, at an ever increasing rate

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It sucks for you that you dealt with some bad police officers. It also sucks that you can't differentiate between your experience and the rest of the world. I hear it's a kind of big place.

That sort of thinking he displays , were it towards another race wwould be called bigotry and racism

Its ironic what people will try to justify

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wow, hoping for a mob of people to beat a police officer to death.

By an ATS moderator nonetheless.

LOL, I don't think I will be referring people to this site anymore.

edit on 4-9-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The rise in social media is in direct proportion to the new mentality of "collective punishment".

Cops attitude towards civilians has deteriorated to a collective meme
Civilian attitude towards cops has deteriorated to a collective meme
religion A attitude towards religion B has deteriorated to a collective meme.

and so on and so forth, so on that basis, surely I do not need to articulate who the enemy really is do I?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
The rise in social media is in direct proportion to the new mentality of "collective punishment".

Cops attitude towards civilians has deteriorated to a collective meme
Civilian attitude towards cops has deteriorated to a collective meme
religion A attitude towards religion B has deteriorated to a collective meme.

and so on and so forth, so on that basis, surely I do not need to articulate who the enemy really is do I?

quoted for truth.

so has the keyboard warriors attitudes deteriorate to a collective meme.

a report of police brutality pops up, everyone lets everyone know how they feel without knowing more than whats reported,

a case of brutality against police and likewise...

vicious cycle...

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
i think this guy sums up what's going thru the heads of some people and why it's so hard for the average person to grasp why they are thinking like that. for example, during hitler's reign, most of the people of germany never had any bad dealings with hitler's soldiers / police. same with stalin (in fact, stalin was worse). yet their regimes were absolutely awful to alot of people. personal experience doesn't always reflect reality, which can be applied to both sides of this issue, equally. it's never that cut and dry.

this guy may just be over stating his case or it may be true. whatever the case, perhaps it would help to know how some folks view this situation

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Excellent video. I think people should be more aware of the threat government expansion posesses.

Now I need to express my concern about the hatred and bias expressed in this thread, especially coming from a super-moderator. The story cited in the OP shows an honest cop performing his duty with honor. It says his character was vouched for by a local citizen. We haven't seen evidence to the contrary. I understand skepticism, especially coming from a background like The Vagabond's. Police need to be held to scrutiny. But we can not protect our principles unless we ourselves abide by them. This officer should not be assumed guilty without proof. If misconduct is found mob violence should not be the preferred solution. If at all possible the witnesses should pursue a civil solution; Testify in court to exhonerate the victim and press charges against the officer. How can you demand civil conduct, and restraint of brutality from the police, while advocating mob violence against them? That only encourages more hostility. Things can get much worse than they are.

If evidence is presented against this officer we should demand justice. We should stand up for the rights of our fellow citizens. We should fight on the side of our law. But if the facts support this officer, he deserves our support. If we don't support honest cops, there will be no honest cops; we will have ourselves to blame as much as the tyrants for what comes next.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

did you watch the whole thing? and i agree, tit for tat doesn't solve anything. there's a strong "us vs. them" theme in nearly every group now and somebody is fanning that flame.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I did watch the whole thing. I share the concerns it presented.

I agree somebody's fanning the flames. I don't know if there's much of a real objective though. News programs try to get higher ratings, politicians try to get more power, businesses try to get more wealth. Is there some master mind with a grand scheme, or a bunch of parasites fattening themselves at everyone else's expense?

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It seems more than a little backwards to compare hatred for police to hatred on the base of race. We didn't pick and choose which Nazis we freed Europe from did we? They weren't born looking alike, they decided to put on the uniform and be alike. Every morning they have the decision to walk out the door as a sight that strikes momentary panic into the heart of the average citizen just driving to work, or to be a person. They chose wrong. You don't wanna be lumped in with the Nazis? Don't be standing next to them and holding a gun when the Americans show up then.

You can act appalled all you want- I defend a hypothetical crime- police defend REAL ONES. As things get worse in this country the apologists are gonna start to see how the other half have lived- do you think you're special and that they won't turn on you when you're desperate and the government decides not to care? They'd throw you in a concentration camp for being Christian if the law told them to- bet on it- your liberty vs their cable bill, see what happens.

No when you get your rainy day you'll wanna stay they hell away from the authorities. Remember you asked for it when the cop points the gun at you and you aren't sure why or what might happen next.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

And for some reason, you can't see the similarities, right in front of you. Generalizing an entire group based on the actions of part of the group is ignorant. That's why the racial comparison was made. All Chinese are.....all blacks are......And here you are stating all cops are..... If you can't see it, perhaps you have a bit too much hatred in you and it's eating you up.

I think at this point, everyone agrees there are bad cops, but we are also human, and have friends who are cops and know some of them aren't the one's doing all these bad things. Almost like the one cop I singled out in the OP. He may be a bad cop, but on this day, he had the choice to keep his weapon in the holster and deal with the angry crowd using his words.

Now if the story comes out different in the future, so be it, we can all discuss the new facts if they emerge, but at this point, this is what we know, and I feel it's encouraging. It takes a few good men to step up and show others how to make a difference. Maybe this will be a catalyst for better actions by other officers in this area.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Do you believe there are good gang members? Or if I put on a red bandana and tuck a gun in my waist am I CHOOSING to be a certain way and sending you a message about what to expect?

It's not a state of being, it's a conscious action undertaken. Cops are fine until they put on guns and armor and go out looking for trouble where nobody has asked them to.
edit on Sun 6 Sep 2015 by The Vagabond because: typo fix

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I am truly sorry for the level of hate you have in your heart.

It must be a heavy burden.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I sympathize with your descendants who will be able to read your support for this system. They won't have the perspective of quiet days worrying more about if it's time to cut the lawn and how much can be budgeted for entertainment, and just wanting to go about the pettiness of life unmolested. In the coarse resolution of history they'll see whatever this system ultimately does as it becomes more desperate to fulfill its need for eternal growth at all costs and an ever growing number of people chosen to lose so that the elite can always win, and that their family stayed within it and cooperated. They'll probably claim that their family fled to Canada before things got really bad. They'll wish you'd been more interested in opposing institutional injustice than in avoiding negative feelings.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Sorry, I just am not oppressed like you apparently are. I see the system for what it is, and I try to fit into the system as a productive member. Opposing the system might be cool for a teenager hell bent on rebellion, but sooner or later those kids grow up and realize how silly their rebellious thoughts really were.

I figured out what's really important to me and that is what I work for and try to protect. My family. And the members of the police force who I know are good people. I don't associate with people whom I don't respect. I guess I believe that the humanity will win over the greed, when all this plays out. You seem to feel the opposite. All I can say is I hope I am correct, and you are very, very wrong. Either way, I know I can enjoy my surroundings and friends as things are now. And I choose to see things in a positive light whenever possible.

Loose the hate. Nothing good will come from it.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: odzeandennz

LEO's always lie in their statements to exaggerate their claims.

thats what you said... glad to see we can now make sweeping all encompassing statements without ridicule. Because we know all Muslims are terrorists.

The vast majority do in the Uk

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join