It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MPD officer confronted by crowd, punched, police say

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Siding with the crowd who wanted to kill the officer?

Just want to see the events ourselves before siding with the police… heres an example of police behavior they may find acceptable (because its standard procedure for them) but peoples anywhere will differ somewhat when present, especially in large numbers.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Kill em all, and let God sort em out eh?

Yes, this is a proud moment for ATS.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Kill em all, and let God sort em out eh?

Aww, you can't fool me with Vietnam era warmonger slogans.

Nobody was killed at the soccer match. Just shows what people in general think of police pinning and beating someone right in front of them.

Fans and players rushed the field and gave the cops a dose of their own medicine. Thats how the police behave, too… they dog pile 'suspects', clubbing, tazing, dogging and even killing them out and out..

The difference is most people stand by and watch only because they have the law on their side, a license to beat down and apprehend as it were, same as your statement, "kill them all and let god sort em out".

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I guess that's where we are in society. If a person is a cop, they no longer have a value to their life.

The police could regain respect by not being judge, jury and executioner all to often. Get off steroids and 0 tolerance for steroid use. Have the clean cops turn in the dirty ones and be prosecuted just like ordinary citizens for their misdeeds, no more suspension with pay until the heat dies down, wear body cameras at all times, stop lying!!!

Institute Citizen review board because no one trusts "internal affairs" and their lying BS.

Get rid of the "Blue Code" where even good LEO protect corruption and brutality.

It will be a proud moment when corruption in the justice system is stopped. Want peace? Work for justice!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-9-2015 by olaru12 because: %^#&ETN%&*

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: Answer
A simple fact that these people don't seem to grasp: the police will always win.

Until people start using the same tactics police use. Find out where they live, apply pressure to family members, catch them unaware with overwhelming force, etc.

If you actually think that will make the police back down and be less aggressive, you're comically naive.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Wow, great ideas. When are you joining the force?

Be the change you want to see.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Thing is, they are dumb as a bag of hammers. They are protesting about police violence and oppression, but when the government responds in mass, it is going to be their very inner-city neighborhoods that will see the brunt of the martial law force and if they think killing and oppression are bad now, just wait. Not only that, but if they continue to attack the system that is supporting them, they are going to lose all support. Talk about trying to bring it down on yourself! smh...

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Actually I was a subcontractor for our local Sheriffs dept. training in Crisis Intervention for a Forensic Behavioral Services company. The older Deputy were mostly very professional but the younger cops had no interest in defusing a situation only force of authority worked in their minds. That's how I know about the abuse of steroids among LEOs...it's very common!!

I also know what LEOs call ordinary citizens.....do you?

edit on 4-9-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Are you saying that you expect an officer to witness an assault and simply ignore it?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

That kind of reinforces the old saying that a person is smart, but people are dumb.

The mob mentality driving this "revolution" have tiny minds and haven't thought this through at all.
The government doesn't' need to send in troops, just stop sending checks. Without support, the infrastructure would crumble in days and anarchy would rule. Then you would see the same neighborhoods these folks live in being engulfed in flames.

The system is broken and needs to be fixed, but this certainly isn't any way to accomplish that.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

why not just wait for the videos to surface before being so aggressive and defensive.

LEO's always lie in their statements to exaggerate their claims. you don't have to search google to find this, just recent posts here on ATS.

I don't see why take sides just yet when the story is just beginning to unfold.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I also know what LEOs call ordinary citizens.....do you?

Not sure, I am too busy working on my next thread about how all Chinese people are good at math.

I know quite a few LEO's. they call me Mike.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

why not just wait for the videos to surface before being so aggressive and defensive.

LEO's always lie in their statements to exaggerate their claims. you don't have to search google to find this, just recent posts here on ATS.

I don't see why take sides just yet when the story is just beginning to unfold.

LOL, yep. I might actually do that thread about the Chinese.

It's a shame what has happened to folks these days.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond

Your opinions are interesting. They border on deranged, but interesting. How did a police officer wrong you in the past? Clearly you have a bit of pent up rage against authority. The OP presented a news story of an officer that was simply executing his sworn duty, and doing so with more restraint than would be expected , and that prompted your hate filled rant?
Maybe you need some medication to balance you out.
Maybe you are just a jackass.

You have all the answers to everything I bet, right? At least in your mind anyway.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

right now, you are showing the same impulsive aggression toward an unfolding story as those people did toward an officer trying to diffuse a situation.

I'm not one to advocate violence, but right now you are inciting a very bias view.

this LEO reportedly has done good things for the community, people may have ignorantly jumped the gun and harassed him, don't be as ignorant as them and jump the gun and come to a conclusion immediately yourself without seeing any evidence.

/respectfully.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

You do realize that most decent, law abiding folks never really have interactions with the police, right?
Choices, it's all about choices.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

A simple fact that these people don't seem to grasp: the police will always win.

Until people start using the same tactics police use. Find out where they live, apply pressure to family members, catch them unaware with overwhelming force, etc.

If you actually think that will make the police back down and be less aggressive, you're comically naive.

Nope. I'm just saying that if people started using police tactics to "get their man", the police's advantage in firepower would be overwhelmed by the people's superior numbers. I think that police need to realize that the actions of "a few bad apples" are encouraging an us vs. them mentality. The police need to make a better showing of getting rid of those "bad apples" or the people will start to see them all as the enemy. It would be pretty bad if you had to live and shop in a neighborhood where people looked at you the way Comanches would look at a US soldier in their camp.

I worry that one day an officer might die in the line of duty, and the funeral turns into a shooting gallery. Police need to remind people that they do stand for law and order, serve and protect, and things like that. Through words and deeds.

Now, this case here has no video yet, so there's not a lot to say about it yet. But how many times here on ATS have we seen cops beating someone and thinking, "Someone should have stepped in."

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

right now, you are showing the same impulsive aggression toward an unfolding story as those people did toward an officer trying to diffuse a situation.

I'm not one to advocate violence, but right now you are inciting a very bias view.

this LEO reportedly has done good things for the community, people may have ignorantly jumped the gun and harassed him, don't be as ignorant as them and jump the gun and come to a conclusion immediately yourself without seeing any evidence.

/respectfully.

naw, I was just using the old misguided tool so often forgotten about here......logic. Not ALL cops lie and abuse their power, some do. Not ALL chinese are good at math, some are. See how that works?

Don't worry, I doubt anyone will judge you as harshly as you judge others.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

LEO's always lie in their statements to exaggerate their claims.

thats what you said... glad to see we can now make sweeping all encompassing statements without ridicule. Because we know all Muslims are terrorists.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   

People who carry guns don't enjoy any moral protection in my book. If you can stand ready to kill me because in your mind I might pose a threat, what is the moral distinction between us that makes it wrong for me to take the same posture? That your job is necessary to keep America from becoming the gun violence crime of the civilized world... Oh wait couldn't be that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join