It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK to accept 'thousands' more refugees

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: stumason

What gets me about this whole matter is that at no time have I seen on any foreign tv stations any Syrians demanding Assad go. Nothing until our government and the USA decided he was going. It was the same with Libya it was only once we and the USA decided Gaddafi had to go and of course we immediately armed his opponents, that civil war broke out there.

What? You really need to pay attention then.. I can't believe you even said this... Allow me to enlighten you and this is purely from my own memory without having to look it up. I am genuinely shocked you believe what you have typed above.

Libya - all started with the detention of a young human rights lawyer. Protests started in Benghazi over this, which then expanded into a general protest over their civil liberties and human rights under Gaddafi.

Libyan security forces responded with violence, which only led to more protests, which eventually led to barracks and armouries being plundered and some security forces defecting as the population took up arms and called for Gaddafi to go.

It's at this point that Gaddafi sent a column of tanks towards the city, which led to the UNSC resolution and the Western bombing..

At no point, however, were any of the rebels armed by Western powers - they were armed, however, by Gulf states like Qatar

Syria - Protests started around the same time as the rest of the Arab world. Syrian forces responded immediately with extreme violence, including shooting into crowds.

The same model followed, some security forces defected, some protesters looted weapons and and armed struggle began, descending into worse and worse violence. Both sides were quite evenly matched, so a stalemate developed although the Assad regime had a slight edge with airpower.

That was in 2011 - Western airstrikes didn't begin until 2014 and only the US has delivered arms to Syrian rebels which started in 2013. The UK, so far, has not sent any lethal aid.

How you can sit there with a straight face and say " at no time have I seen on any foreign tv stations any Syrians demanding Assad go" when that has been the very thing called for by the rebels for 4 years is a bloody mystery.
edit on 6/9/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7What gets me about this whole matter is that at no time have I seen on any foreign tv stations any Syrians demanding Assad go.

Assad is a dictator and controls the press. Protest in Syria in 2011, which followed similar protests across the Arab world and North Africa were brutally repressed. This sparked an armed uprising and rest is history.

To note that the Assad family has form in brutally snuffing out dissent. Ask the dead in Jisr al-Shughour O (1980) or Hama (1982) where upwards of 40,000 were murdered.

The brutality of the Syrian conflict is just a popped cork of the brutality of the last few decades under Assad.

If you look, you'll find that the original unrest was widely reported e.g.
BBC 2011

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Thank you for having a brain. I needed that refresher course also.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Let me correct you on a few things.

Libya - all started with the detention of a young human rights lawyer. Protests started in Benghazi over this, which then expanded into a general protest over their civil liberties and human rights under Gaddafi.

No, that was the media version of events. This was a part of a fabricated story to justify an attack on Libya. Same as the rubbish stories of Assad firing Chemical Weapons at his own people. You know! The Chemical called Sarin Gas supplied by the UK and given to the FSA who botched the frame up / attack.

In regards to Libya I guess the 41 Billion Barrels of Oil Reserves caught Western Leaders eyes! Also the fact of the plan Gadhaffi had for Libya and North Africa of an African Union separate from Western Banks and their own banking system backed by Gold. The initiative for the air attacks appears to have come initially from France, with early support from Britain.

If Qaddafi were to succeed in creating an African Union backed by Libya’s currency and gold reserves, France, still the predominant economic power in most of its former Central African colonies, would be the chief loser. That would be a big no no. Hence the fabrication of the human rights abuses!

At no point, however, were any of the rebels armed by Western powers - they were armed, however, by Gulf states like Qatar

NATO armed the rebels. And who are NATO? US, UK, EU, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc.

The Truth about Libya:

Libya is a small country of just over 6 million people but it possesses the largest oil reserves in all of Africa. The oil produced there is especially coveted because of its particularly high quality.
The Air Force of the United States along with Britain and France has carried out 7,459 bombing attacks. Britain, France and the United States sent special operation ground forces and commando units to direct the military operations of the so-called rebel fighters - it is a NATO-led army in the field.
The troops may be disaffected Libyans but the operation is under the control and direction of NATO commanders and western commando units who serve as “advisors.”
Their new weapons and billions in funds come from the U.S. and other NATO powers that froze and seized Libya’s assets in Western banks.
Their only military successes outside of Benghazi, in the far east of the country, have been exclusively based on the coordinated air and ground operations of the imperialist NATO military forces.

Libya was about Regime Change and money as is Syria. Syria doesn't have a lot of Oil but it has a lot of Gas and it is sitting in the perfect place for pipelines to be run through it to lead to Europe.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nova937

Let me correct you on a few things.

No, that was the media version of events. This was a part of a fabricated story to justify an attack on Libya.

And yet, no actual correction took place, just some mumbo jumbo with no supporting information to back it up...

originally posted by: Nova937
NATO armed the rebels. And who are NATO? US, UK, EU, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Qatar etc.

Newsflash - Saudi an Qatar aren't NATO and they are the ones who sent weapons.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
It seems to me that for some years now, there has been a concerted effort to remove all westernised muslim leaders, Shah of Iran, Gadaffi, Saddam now Assad I'm betting it won't be too long before Jordan's King bites the dust. These countries were very western in their outlook & politics, Libya was a thriving country despite all the negative media regarding Gadaffi, Libya had free education health and social housing and a high standard of living, as did many other of the countries....then something changed and these non radical leaders started being ousted one by one and replaced by radical fundamentalists. All seems very strange to me. Rumour has it that it started because of a gas pipeline from Saudi to Russia regarding which no agreement could be reached between all the countries the pipeline had to run through. Syria certainly said no around 4yrs ago and from what I've read Jordan has also refused the Saudis access.

Just a guess but I suppose if you usurp the Governments in place and replace them with ill educated fundamental zealots who need money and have had little experience on the world stage, they are far more malleable than leaders educated in the West and familiar with the political game

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here's how we got thousands of Migrants:

About 2 years ago, Syrian authorities captured two SAS soldiers on their secret mission - they had entered Syria from across the border with Iraq. They were released only after a "high-level intervention" by the British Government - believed to involve a visit by Foreign Office Minister Mike O'Brien to the Syrian capital Damascus about 18 months ago… About 22 SAS Military mercenary/spies were involved. The UK and USA called SYRIA a "rogue state" and accused Damascus of harbouring senior Iraqi 'terrorists', prompting votes in Parliament and Congress on allied military strikes...

NEXT MOVE: Buckingham Palace gave Her Majesty's ministers permission to give a wink to BRITISH CHEMICAL WEAPONS MANUFACTURERS - Her Majesty's government oversaw the sale of chemicals to Syria that were eventually used in the manufacture of the deadly nerve agent sarin, CAMERON made out that Syria was a ROGUE NATION, whilst supplying Syria FLUORIDE for making NERVE GAS! Syria has admitted the British supplied products played a role in its chemical weapons programme...

CAMERON then tried to force a vote in Parliament for unilateral British bombing of SYRIA! Parliament voted NO - but the British bombers were deployed and bombed Syria anyway. BRITISH military pilots carried out airstrikes in Syria while embedded with "allied forces" [ie: USA air forces] supposedly fighting against ISIS… Responding to a freedom of information request, the Ministry of Defence said that Royal Air Force pilots embedded with US and Canadian forces “operating in Syrian airspace” had flown “strike missions” against Syria.

The RESULT? Mass panic as war refugees flood out of Syria and are BAITED to come to Britain so that they can be used as ZERO HOUR CONTRACT SLAVES by Fast Food corporations who NEVER PAY A PENNY IN TAX. The massive 25,000+ Syrians will also allow FALSE FLAG bombings in UK cities to be blamed on 'Muslims' at any time - just like we saw with the IRA False Flags and London 7/7.

Syrians and all the others deserve to live in peace in their own countries - and not get involved in pro-Israeli, pro-Apartheid politicians like Cameron using them as Pawns in a wage-slave scam.

if ISIS is so dangerous, and SYRIA is the main base of ISIS - then how is it even 'safe' to let 25,000 Syrians into Britain and another 25,000 into Germany? Think it through.

edit on 7-9-2015 by Nova937 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Nova937

Oh my god, you're so full of crap. A basic fact check of your dribble would have shown this...

First, your SAS/Syria story. That actually dates from the Iraq War, not "2 years ago". Mike O'Brien is a former Labour politician who lost his seat in 2010! In fact, he hasn't worked for the Foreign Office for 12 years, so your story is ancient!

SAS captured Syria

Mike O'Brien

Secondly, your chemical weapons story... No chemicals which can be used for Nerve gas have been sold to Syria since the 1980's. The Government finally admitted that in 2014, but the story is almost 30 years old.

Link to story

The rest of your post is garbage too and as it relies heavily on the first two points which you have failed epically on, I won't bother de-constructing them for you unless you persist in this nonsense.

And you run a "radio show"? Maybe, next time, you might want to fact check your "sources" and not rely on a quick Google search for a vague term and a Daily Mail article from a decade ago?
edit on 7/9/15 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I don't run a radio show. The person that wrote the article does.

And do you really believe what the Media has told you?

Do you not for one minute conceive that there is a plan to invade these countries using False Flags and Disinfo to get the justification in doing so?

The bombing of Syria is basically done to take out Assad and take over Syria. Now who would want to do that and why. Well the main perpetrators in this dastardly plan are Israel. Their land Expansion project that most of us know is called 'Greater Israel' is the basic source for this 'take over' and regime change. Israel wants 3/4 of Syria, half of Iraq, half of Lebanon and all of Jordan. This is why ISIS was created from the burning embers of Al-Qaeda. Basically ISIS is Al-Qaeda.

Any other reason? We all know what that is. GAS. And GAS PIPELINES. Iran was building a pipeline to feed Europe. They would make a lot of money from it and gain a lot of power. And the best country to run pipelines through to get access to the Med is Syria. Good for Iran, Russia and Syria. Bad for the US, UK, EU, Israel, Saudi Arabia and NATO. No pipeline for them. No money and no power. But what can they do to change that? Well they bomb the hell out of Syria, take it over and they will get their precious pipelines thus cutting off Iran and making lot's of money. Added to that Israel can extend it's Leviathan Gas Field by taking over Syrian gas Fields. Then they can be more powerful and control the Gas flowing from the Arab Pets Saudi Arabia.

I don't know where you get your crap info from. Probably the same Israeli owned media outlets that are managing to persuade you to believe in Fairy Stories. Daily Fail, The Sun, Daily Sport, BBC, CNN, etc.

This is not about a Terrorist group that sprang from nowhere being attacked by world powers for peace. This is about Land and Gas.

With Libya it was about resources and stopping the creation of the African Union by Gadhaffi that wanted to create a more economically stable world. The Human Rights crap was created to justify the bombing of Libya and the murder of Gadhaffi and his people.

It's just the usual from out Terrorist Loving Governments. Create some False Flags and get in there!

A bit like what is happening in the Ukraine eh? Shoot down MH-17 and get the Media to blame it on Russia. Then the stupids in the Western Population believe all they are told to believe.

See that article in the Sun newspaper? Let's Bomb Syria to create Peace! Yeah Right. Bombing Syria was how we got to this stage in the first place.

And by the way my sources are independent Media, Great Researchers and Investigators and people that actually live in Syria and Libya.

Oh and the SAS are also in the Ukraine training Terrorists to create False Flags to blame them on Russia. Actually CIA, Mossad, SAS they are all the same. All of them have trained ISIS / Al-Qaeda fighters for their quest in Syria.

Sickening isn't it?

And contrary to what you think the Government would NEVER admit to supplying Terrorists with Chemical Weapons!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I see you've edited your post mentioning the radio show, but it seems you just plagiarised your post then? I assumed, it not being in any quote marks, that it was your own words. Clearly not.

Secondly, there was a planned pipeline from Iran, through Iraq to Syria but that was cancelled back in 2010, a year before the uprising began.

Even if they did build it, I don't see why it would be any threat to Europe - we'd love gas that didn't come from Russia!

Basically, you're talking bollocks. Your chronology is messed up, your basing assumptions on top of other, more erroneous assumptions and dubious information.

And it is funny you attack me for "believing everything the media tells you", when clearly your guilty of it far more than anyone else, by buying into half-baked theories wholeheartedly and then re-posting them on here without even doing the most basic of fact checking.

EDIT: I'm curious, this Radio show you're being led by the nose from - it's not Alex Jones is it?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

If I'm talking Bollocks then you are Certainly talking bollocks.

Yeah Whatever!

Doesn't take a Genius to see why Syria is being bombed!

Edit: No it's Not Alex Jones! Happy now?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Actually, no I'm not. You haven't disproving a thing I've said whereas I've taken apart your posts and shown them to be the pile of dog mess they are.

For crying out loud, you tried to pass off an incident over a decade ago as a recent event, named a Minister who lost his seat five years ago as having flown out to Syria, blamed it all on a pipeline that was cancelled before the war even started and have plagiarised someone else's work in your post - and that's just the crap I had 5 minutes to pick up on!

So, come on then, who is it that has you hanging on their every word as if it's gospel?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I see from reading above you have been happy as accept the propaganda the British public are fed to qualify our actions abroad - that is those we actually hear about.

Libya was purely because Gaddafi wanted to create a new financial system for North Africa not dependant on the US dollar for his oil exports. You threaten the rothschild dollar and you die. You can muster all sorts of excuses, but you are only buying into rothschild's governmental propaganda and trying to make others believe it also.

Doesn't it occur strange to you that we only go for oil rich country's leaders or Shia countries. By being so involved in propaganda, you overlook the plain political picture in front of you which revolves around keeping the financial market afloat by not destroying the US$ and oil industry regardless of the human cost currently biting our government on its arse.

If you think you have any eral access for information into our government's dealings in the arms and chemicals trade then you are sadly mistaken. These policies are secret, planned well in advance before anyone even gets a sniff of what is going to unfold on the world stage.

I suggest you look at facts you will find unpalatable (I hope), Look up our governments assistance in 1983 to Weir Pumps regarding their illegal, yet sanctioned by our government's supply which aided the chemicals used by Iraq against the Iranians. Then look into Matrix Churchill where our Ministry of Decence helped that company to apply for export licenses of materials that could be used to make munitions. Its not what during these instances the news reports to us, its what comes out later into the public domain that shows us how our government deceives the world and people like yourself into believing their 'righteous storyline'. Nothing is as it seems.
edit on 7-9-2015 by Shiloh7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

I see from reading above you have been enlighten as to the propaganda we are fed to qualify our actions abroad - that is those we actually hear about.

Alternatively, you've swallowed the conspiracy laden nonsense which has a nugget of truth but then is surrounded by layer upon layer of speculation, conjecture and outright lunacy...

Libya was purely because Gaddafi wanted to create a new financial system not dependant on the US dollar for his oil exports. You threaten the rothschild dollar and you die. You can muster all sorts of excuses, but you are only buying into rothschild's government's propaganda and trying to make others believe it also.

Ah, the Gold Dinar? How come then that Malaysia and Indonesia, who have also adopted it, haven't been bombed?

Hmm.... Puzzling... Maybe that isn't the reason then....

Doesn't it occur strange to you that we only go for oil rich country's leaders or Shia countries.

Syria is neither oil rich or "shia" - it is predominantly Sunni - the same goes for Libya for that matter.

The rest is just a lot of nonsensical fluff designed to make you appear like you have the inside track while attempting to discredit me for not being "in the know", like you...

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The bit question is that with all our experience and sophistication some group of dodge pots e.g. ISIS can run rings around everyone? Certainly not without considerable help currently well concealed etc. ISIS are a tool being used to bring down Assad and certainly not for them to carry out whatever ludicrous dodge pot ideals those who join it have in their brainwashed bonces - that side is purely the carrot to get them moving.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Funny how so many syrian sunni are not going to the biggest sunni country e.g. Saudi. Somnething they know that you don't?

I see you didn't want to confront the actual facts I put up for you, so keep raving and believing, IMHO our government must love you, do you get perks, not being rude of course?

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Funny how so many syrian sunni are not going to the biggest sunni country e.g. Saudi. Somnething they know that you don't?

Syrians are used to a reasonably modern way of life and until the Civil War, religious denomination didn't play a major part in Syrian life. I highly doubt that many, if any, Syrians would want to move from a cosmopolitan, secular state to a strict, Wahhabi Sunni interpretation of the law in Saudi...

Common sense, really.

I see you didn't want to confront the actual facts I put up for you, so keep raving and believing, IMHO our government must love you, do you get perks, not being rude of course?

What, the ancient crap from years gone by - nothing new there and pointless going over it. You think you know something I don't, which you don't. I'm well aware of past activities of our Government and I don't recall ever actually defending the Government - something you seem intent to try and pin on me - I deal with the facts as they are, not speculation based on nonsense, which is what the last page or so has been about, with the other chap even blatantly lying and misrepresenting things.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Just let me correct you on something there.

Syrians are used to a reasonably modern way of life and until the Civil War, religious denomination didn't play a major part in Syrian life. I highly doubt that many, if any, Syrians would want to move from a cosmopolitan, secular state to a strict, Wahhabi Sunni interpretation of the law in Saudi...

For one thing it is not a Civil War but in actuality it a Mercenary War created and supported by NATO. And I know you said Saudi and Qatar are not in NATO. not officially anyway but they sing from the same songsheet and attend all the Zionist Parties.

And you don't know Syrians very well. I know quite a few that I have worked with. Funny how all of them have said the exact opposite that you have repeated.

Common Sense you say? LMAO

What, the ancient crap from years gone by - nothing new there and pointless going over it. You think you know something I don't, which you don't. I'm well aware of past activities of our Government and I don't recall ever actually defending the Government - something you seem intent to try and pin on me - I deal with the facts as they are, not speculation based on nonsense, which is what the last page or so has been about, with the other chap even blatantly lying and misrepresenting things.

If you are not defending the Government then why are you repeating their Propaganda all the time?

The Mainstream Media is run by our Governments. Look at the Newspapers. Who owns them?? TV? Hollywood?

You'll find a common denominator. And this common denominator happens to be trying to expand it's stolen land.

What me and Shiloh7 are saying is not Speculation and Nonsense. It's Common Sense.

Remember who created Al-Qaeda and now look at ISIS and where it came from. It is Al-Qaeda with a different name. Ever see the pictures of John McCain meeting with Al-Qaeda commanders? Well they just happen to be ISIS commanders too. And there is no surprise that Egyptian. French, Pakistani and Iranian Intelligence Service Teams found out the leader of ISIS is a Mossad agent.

This could round and round like a cracked record.

‘UK Prime Minister David Cameron this week said “as a father I felt deeply moved” by the image of a Syrian boy dead on a Turkish beach. As pressure mounts on the UK to take in more of those fleeing to Europe from Syria and elsewhere. Cameron added that the UK would fulfil its “moral responsibilities.”

On hearing Cameron’s words on the role of ‘morality’, something he talks a lot about, anyone who has been following the crisis in Syria would not have failed to detect the hypocrisy. According to former French foreign minister Roland Dumas, Britain had planned covert action in Syria as early as 2009. He told French TV:

I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business… I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria. This was in Britain not in America. Britain was preparing gunmen to invade Syria.’

Collaterall Damage of US/NATO Wars

You'll never see news like this on the BBC. What you will see is Propaganda, Lies and manipulated and faked Videos and Pictures like the Syria Homs Massacre in 2011. Remember that one showing video footage of someone running in between covered bodies in a hanger? Well that hanger and those bodies were in Iraq in 2003. BBC are awesome with Propaganda when they don't get caught of course. Like their pictures of a dead Bin Laden. All photo shopped fakes. Well that stands to reason as OBL had died 10 years previous.

The BBC conducted fake interviews to pass off the Chemical Weapons attack in Syria and were caught out. BBC's Panorama program put out a report entitled 'Saving Syria's Children' and used fake video footage. Again they were caught out.

Lol they even conducted fake events for Libya using sets rigged up in Oman and even then they got them wrong and were exposed for their fakery. This was even discussed on ATS: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your putting a lot of trust into a well known Propaganda Machine!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

OMG! All those machine gun blasting little darlins' have no choice from what the west has done, but to destroy everybody and everything around them! I've seen the light!

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Blah, blah, blah.... All tired old ideas that have been done to death on ATS for a while and debunked (especially the fake pictures nonsense). And Qatar and Saudi are in on the "Zionist" plot? Seriously dude, have a holiday, chill out and stop worrying about the Jews...

It's ironic, you know. I post a single BBC link to a story you bleated on about and all of a sudden all I do is "listen to the BBC" and it's "propaganda". But you read sites like Global Research?
I mean, I use many, many sources for my information while you seem to swallow all the crap on Global Research with zero reasoned thinking and no fact checking either... Who's fallen for the propaganda now?

You know what, when all this is over and the dust settles, I am willing to bet you any amount of money that Israel won't have gained any land and all your other predictions as to why this war is happening won't come to pass. Let me know the amount you want to bet and I'll honour it - will you? I doubt it...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join