It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Refugee Crisis is being received in Ireland.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
You are entirely correct about how refugees are treated in Turkey. (although given the numbers not sure what is the alternative) . However one commonly asked question on ATS is why they don't stay in the first country the reach. Would you have your family stay in what is glorified concentration camp just a few miles from the violence you have just fled?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
a reply to: ScepticScot

I had no idea... I do now.

But it still leaves me asking... If Turkey et al are taking in refugees/asylum seekers, why are these asylum seekers making the treacherous voyage to EU?

Some of the reasons I gave to grain on another thread
.conditions for asylum seekers are pretty terrible.
2. Not all asylum seekers will be near turkey.
3.turkey has a fairly poor human rights record particularly in regard certain minorities'.
4.turkey is very close to the fighting so may not seem that safe.

Not a definitive list by any means but its not as simple as they should just claim asylum in the nearest country as some posters have suggested.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: eire91

Hmmm, well it sounds to me like your Government should take a household survey and force those with excess space to take in the migrants along with the native born homeless.

What could go wrong with that?

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The thing is,that these refuge shifting among the middle east countries has all to do with our own western interference to stop curtain threats that could endanger our western way of living.

The fact now is ,because we have pity ourselves over these people to support their human rights with bombs and opposition forces which are now fully power to seize the whole region by decapitation rights that they think originated from some old clan religious scroll .

We shouldn't have ever interfered with their Internal afairs. But I think that eventually was inevitable. What we have incurred is more dangerous but also self evident to happen.

Those people fleeing is nothing abnormal about it , remember we did same in WW2 . The only difference was we shared the same fate.

But we are all still human and our planet tests us to get along with every culture ,race and someday it might be something else we asumably welcome more then our own species,but that's another story.

I think all paticipating countries should take a good share and give asilum to these people who are desparate in any way.
When stability and a prosperous future will be back in their own country, then they eventually, most of them will go back to their own country. And yes some wil stay and build there lives among western societies only for them who are flexible enough to feel our western way of living.

But I think we here in Europe and the US have caused this to happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1But I think we here in Europe and the US have caused this to happen.

Do you really think the different denominations of Islam would be peacefully coexisting if the West pulled up a great wall and ignored the Middle East, or North Africa? The conflict in Syria and elsewhere is Muslim against Muslim. In recent times brutal dictators have kept it in check with their own violence. Oh, and don't forget Russia from your blame list as they have a long history of meddling.

posted on Sep, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't reside in Germany, so my view is somewhat removed, but I have acquaintances involved in left-wing politics there, and judging by their social media posts they are virtually inviting the refugees and illegal immigrants to come.
They are greeted with shelter, donations of food and clothing, and the reception centers look like chill-out lounges with couches and table-tennis.

Meanwhile, other Germans (and European countries) are becoming quite angry at this, because they have no mandate to simply invite and unconditionally enable thousands of illegal immigrants.
I fear that amongst the indigenous population this issue will become so emotive that it will tear families apart.
I find it outrageous that the left can encourage thousands of people to break EU laws.
Some already refer to them as treasonous and traitorous.
But hey, all these illegals will be good voters for the leftist parties as soon as they become citizens.

Many of the leftists really want to be good people, and many have never left their province, and are very naive about what goes on in other parts of the world.
They seem to be hoping for a more colorful world, and that the immigrants will supposedly solve the problem of their aging population.

Strangely, some former immigrants are also deeply concerned, because they know what's coming.
I saw a news report where a Syrian who immigrated to Sweden twenty years ago voices his misgivings, and took the reporters to a Swedish school with 500 pupils, only one of whom was a Swede.
He also feels that the mass immigration won't solve anything in Syria.

The first generation of immigrants will feel grateful, but the second may feel alienated in a parallel society.
I saw a documentary on how teachers and German pupils are bullied by gangs of second generation immigrants, who aren't interested in Western education, and face a lifetime of living on welfare.
They are a further drain on the welfare state, rather than solving the problem of an "aging" indigenous population.
They will also be easy fodder for Islamist propaganda, as ISIS well knows.
Of course, with manageable numbers there have also been countless success stories of second and third generation immigrants who are true blessings to German society, but there are significant problems.

If the intimidation and bullying happens again, or expands to more German neighborhoods, the next generation of Germans will curse their parents for encouraging this mass influx to happen.
And it's not an influx of migrants with virtually the same religion, language and cultural values, as was the case after World War II.
It's an influx of people who will require integration into the dominant culture, but they often have an ideology that believes others must submit to their "superior" whims when they have the numbers, and many of them aren't interested in adopting another culture and form parallel societies - states within states.
That's been a trend so far, and it's unlikely to change.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

The conflict in Syria and elsewhere is Muslim against Muslim

I know because I wrote a small part about that in some way.
But when we started to interfere with Asads policy it all started to happen.

Iraq was on her way to get more stability and after that when opposition forces started to fight against Asads regime and we the supported the opposition forces everything gained momentum.

And that's where those relegious clans started to take over.

But we the west ignited the fire.. but as I said it was unevitable..it's just like nostrodames said.. and it's just the beginning.

posted on Sep, 5 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I agree with everything you said. The left are welcoming with open arms, saying that there are an awful lot of people who say they are associated with leftist ideals but when push comes to shove these people will be the last to do anything when met with the reality of what may actually happen.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: eire91

Well, some of them are already saying they'll gladly pay more taxes to help the illegal immigrants, if need be.

But people don't seem to be thinking realistically.
It's almost like a euphoria at the moment, and you dare not be a naysayer that all these must people stay, like cuddly teddy bears on the shelf.

It's almost like the Berlin Wall fell again, or Football World Cup hysteria.
Perhaps it's some kind of national catharsis in Germany - a demonstration to the world that it left the racist Nazi-era behind.

However, an influx of thousands upon thousands of people is not an event that passes.
It's a lasting reality and responsibility.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join